PDA

View Full Version : it seem that new GG patch is working well to protect hackers

Arika
Dec 26, 2006, 01:03 AM
Since the last GG update , I ask to many people about room hacking ,and it seem no more that problem. I'm not sure about other kind of hacking, but at least, I don't usually see anyone stay in the item shop to sell scapedoll for a long time anymore.
Once again that PSU return to peaceful world.(be4 next update of hacker CE?)

I hope this peace can last for a long time

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arika on 2006-12-25 22:05 ]</font>

Careful
Dec 26, 2006, 01:05 AM
I still see people running around with max meseta, damn heat scores. Leave your meseta in your house.

PMB960
Dec 26, 2006, 01:48 AM
Yeah but it atleast prevented people from making more. There are enough meseta sinks that it will even out eventually.

Van-Stolin
Dec 26, 2006, 02:01 AM
That is if people don't just keep using it in Player Shops.

Not to mention GG isn't the best thing around. It won't take long before they are right back at it.

Still good to see them take an active stand on it though, shows they at least care about it.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 26, 2006, 02:04 AM
Definately a speed bump for wannabe hackers, which is prolly 95% of the hacker community.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 26, 2006, 02:05 AM
That's great news. A sudden update out of no-where means an actual fix is being progressed. I like these actions.

fooey. Just to take down decos and rappy noels ; ;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2006-12-25 23:09 ]</font>

Ether
Dec 26, 2006, 02:06 AM
I think this update is just to take down the x-mas decorations

EJ
Dec 26, 2006, 02:08 AM
i hope this is a patch and not just taking the christmas theme down since some CE programs can be still use but can only use 2 of the hacks. ;3

I hope they thought ahead and did the patch for the game itself instead of just GG.

-Ryuki-
Dec 26, 2006, 02:08 AM
On 2006-12-25 23:06, Ether wrote:
I think this update is just to take down the x-mas decorations

It is.

PMB960
Dec 26, 2006, 02:09 AM
Not talking about using it in player shops I was refering to breaking A-ranks while grinding and synth failures. Even if they use it in player shops though many people are buying mats to synth things themselves. Even buying things like monomates help though. By the time everything evens out though people will probably find away around it again. It doesn't really bother me though since I just ignore it. Atleast ST is trying to keep people playing the game although most people didn't leave they moved to the "hack proof" 360 version.

PaladinRPG
Dec 26, 2006, 02:37 AM
Well, as far as I'm aware (as I've investigated some of the tools they were using to do the memory hacking on PC) this recent GameGuard patch has done something to actively mask the memory addresses. Before it simply tried to force reboots if it detected known cheat engines running, and hid the psu.exe process from appearing on the list (since hackers would have to 'hook' onto it).

All in all, my confidence in Sega has went up a notch. They aren't doing nothing. That's good enough news to me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

imfanboy
Dec 26, 2006, 03:33 AM
All in all, I expect at least 3-4 weeks of respite, possibly even longer:

1 week for new ACTUAL hackers to write the new spoofs for GG.

2 weeks for them to gloat about it and only grudgingly give it to their friends.

And another week for one of THOSE friends to give it to someone who's actually on PSU.

It might be even longer, depending this is a step in a wild new direction for GG, and it might take even a real hacker a little longer to figure out how to circumvent it.

Also, plenty of the infamous cheaters on PSU really do tend to tick off a lot of the 'hardworking' cheater community by claiming credits and all that, which is pretty much the only reason that the real hackers DO anything: to get credit. If we're lucky (and we might be), the guys who write the new spoof might try actively to keep it OUT of the hands of Nugz and his ilk.

Gamemako
Dec 26, 2006, 10:43 AM
Trust me, it won't take them long to kick GG. The point is that the script kiddies will have to wait for the real hackers to give them the stuff, and that's all I care.

silvanas
Dec 26, 2006, 11:27 AM
you people assume the hackers are still gonna do it everntualy if not sooner they wont care.

Sethimothy
Dec 26, 2006, 11:58 AM
Friggin' Game Guard. Forces me to reboot all the time, often when I'm in parties, for no reason... but God forbid it actually keep the hackers at bay. >.> <.<

Dear Game Guard: Quit rebooting my computer, jackass. If you think I'm hacking for some retarded reason (look at me! I have 2k meseta, it must be duped lol!) perhaps you should consider shutting them game down and letting me know. Jackass. No love, me. PS: Seriously, die in a fire.

Wheatpenny
Dec 26, 2006, 12:43 PM
You know a full on meseta only wipe would kinda undo the hackerism..of course I say only do something this daring after the ficx the hacking first if it has even been fixed at all.

Sethimothy
Dec 26, 2006, 01:32 PM
I KID YOU NOT, I was talking to Tear through Simple Mail and she mentioned "Sue, it's how Americans get rich!" in reply to a rather lengthy convo we were having; I mentioned I should sue Game Guard for always rebooting and not 30 seconds after I sent that message guess what happened? T_T

Kaidenx
Dec 26, 2006, 05:09 PM
It's good GG stumped the hackers for now. But it's too bad the economy within PSU has been destroyed. It's like Meseta is meaningless now and you simply have it for fun. It's been a bit hard for me to compete in buying rare items and other particular items when these people have max meseta. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I didn't want to say this..but I wish something would have been done about that.

etlitch
Dec 26, 2006, 05:21 PM
It simply patched and made it's rootkit apply abit "below" where the leechers undetected cheat engine applies its rootkit. It's not like as if there's any challenge in compilinga new UCE that bypasses it, but by now we already know that all these "hackers" already are leechers, their UCEs made by someone else who wanted to cheat on MapleStory and not PSU.

Basicly: untill someone decides release their own new compiled UCE for Maple Story or PSU or whatever and eventually get their own work patched by NoobGuard after abit of time, there won't be any "noticeable" "hacking" on PSU.

Anyone that's got patience and smart enough to sit through a few hours and learn some basic compiling on delphi shoul'nt be so fcking dumb other players are able to notice that he/she is cheating on whatever game he/she decides to cheat on. Alcohol and drugs might be an exception but we'll just disregard that part.

Dhylec
Dec 26, 2006, 05:22 PM
On 2006-12-26 14:09, Kaidenx wrote:
It's good GG stumped the hackers for now. But it's too bad the economy within PSU has been destroyed. It's like Meseta is meaningless now and you simply have it for fun. It's been a bit hard for me to compete in buying rare items and other particular items when these people have max meseta. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I didn't want to say this..but I wish something would have been done about that.

I think you exaggerate the ecomony & meseta probleem a little too much. The number of 'affected' people (aka with duped money) is small, I can hardly felt it. Sega did stop the bleeding, but are they gonna patch-up the wound & recover? Not sure yet, but I have a feeling something is being done.

Cheaters get bored of this game real soon, since there is nothing else to look forward to. They get everything without even working for it.

Don't worry if you are poor & can't afford rare & expensive items. I'm dirt poor, but I'm happy. Every meseta I earned is my work, not from nowhere. Look on the bright side, the need for money for that rare you want should be a good motivation to continue playing for a long time. ;]

Itsuki
Dec 26, 2006, 05:24 PM
They very well could lower synth rates like they did on the japanese servers. Thats a quick way to get rid of inflation. When it really comes down to it, Synth and Grind rates are their ways of putting money into and taking money out of the economy.

Sinue_v2
Dec 26, 2006, 05:44 PM
I mentioned I should sue Game Guard for always rebooting and not 30 seconds after I sent that message guess what happened? T_T

owned.

And forget about any fancy of a lawsuit. Read your TOS/EULA/Whatever. I'm fairly sure Sega covered their ass reguarding any liability the GameGuard implimentation caused. (GameGuard has their own contract with Sega with their own terms, and you will never get the chance to even speak to one of their lawyers)

but by now we already know that all these "hackers" already are leechers, their UCEs made by someone else who wanted to cheat on MapleStory and not PSU.

This has been known to much of the more rational and curious of the community for awhile now. A few moments browsing their forums will reveal this much. For example the method of bypassing the PS2's DNAS authentication was developed for SOCOM II. *shrug*

Ronzeru
Dec 26, 2006, 05:44 PM
Thank god for the 360 =3

Vhex
Jan 4, 2007, 04:54 PM
On 2006-12-26 00:33, imfanboy wrote:

2 weeks for them to gloat about it and only grudgingly give it to their friends.

And another week for one of THOSE friends to give it to someone who's actually on PSU.

It might be even longer, depending this is a step in a wild new direction for GG, and it might take even a real hacker a little longer to figure out how to circumvent it.

Also, plenty of the infamous cheaters on PSU really do tend to tick off a lot of the 'hardworking' cheater community by claiming credits and all that, which is pretty much the only reason that the real hackers DO anything: to get credit. If we're lucky (and we might be), the guys who write the new spoof might try actively to keep it OUT of the hands of Nugz and his ilk.

You obviously don't know Nugz. Rofl... hardworking...
Okay you are seriously wrong. Nugz does it for the money and to attract people to his dieing guild. Broomop does it because he honestly hates Sega and he lacks a life. And kids, I wouldn't worry about hacking too much, Broomops's wonder program (which is really just an advanced form of a hex editor) was comprimised by the Gameguard update and Nugz's exploits have been patched as well. Currently, anyone who does other various forms of hex editting (ex. TMG and IG) as of now is at a loss as well due to the efforts of anymous users submitting the hacks to GameGuard and SoA. As of now, PC/PS2 is considerably protected. For now. -.o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vhex on 2007-01-04 14:10 ]</font>

ethanhawkeye
Jan 4, 2007, 05:14 PM
On 2007-01-04 13:54, Vhex wrote:

On 2006-12-26 00:33, imfanboy wrote:

You obviously don't know Nugz. Rofl... hardworking...
Okay you are seriously wrong. Nugz does it for the money and to attract people to his dieing guild. Broomop does it because he honestly hates Sega and he lacks a life. And kids, I wouldn't worry about hacking too much, Broomops's wonder program (which is really just an advanced form of a hex editor) was comprimised by the Gameguard update and Nugz's exploits have been patched as well. Currently, anyone who does other various forms of hex editting (ex. TMG and IG) as of now is at a loss as well due to the efforts of anymous users submitting the hacks to GameGuard and SoA. As of now, PC/PS2 is considerably protected. For now. -.o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vhex on 2007-01-04 14:10 ]</font>

If hacks are gone, how come theres still 100s of billions of meseta on ebay. There are auctions of 99m for only $5. If u check the quantity they have, there are 100s. This can't be possible w/o the influence of hacks.

Vhex
Jan 4, 2007, 05:24 PM
You cannot currently Hex edit. The effects of the previous hacks still remain.

Reiichi
Jan 4, 2007, 06:24 PM
You can still dupe.

Vhex
Jan 4, 2007, 07:33 PM
On 2007-01-04 15:24, Reiichi wrote:
You can still dupe.

No I can't, and neither can anyone else successfully for now. Stop being paranoid. If you personally know a way that would change the situation entirely; however, I doubt it highly. GG has hidden the hex address for PSU.EXE, so even by bypassing GG there is no values for hackers modify unless they figure out away to locate the aforementioned value. The only thing that can be hacked right now is XBOX 360 which is veritably devoid of protection.

Reiichi
Jan 4, 2007, 08:06 PM
My friend knows how to google, and has offered to dupe anything that I might need. Perhaps the 'for now' has already passed.

Sychosis
Jan 4, 2007, 08:10 PM
On 2007-01-04 16:33, Vhex wrote:
The only thing that can be hacked right now is XBOX 360 which is veritably devoid of protection.

I lol'd.

ethanhawkeye
Jan 4, 2007, 09:04 PM
On 2007-01-04 17:06, Reiichi wrote:
My friend knows how to google, and has offered to dupe anything that I might need. Perhaps the 'for now' has already passed.

i got pm zeroed two days ago and had my room decs stolen. hacks are working no doubt.

Vhex
Jan 4, 2007, 10:51 PM
For the above poster I question your honesty since those responsible for the bombs currently cannot access PSU whatsoever... and just because you claim "your friend" hacks doesn't prove anything. I'm telling you children the truth. Stop spreading weird rumors and enjoy the few days without hacking. But I can't say the same for 360...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vhex on 2007-01-04 19:51 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vhex on 2007-01-04 19:59 ]</font>

watashiwa
Jan 4, 2007, 11:06 PM
Vhex is a perfect example of ignorance.

Sychosis
Jan 4, 2007, 11:12 PM
On 2007-01-04 20:06, watashiwa wrote:
Vhex is a perfect example of ignorance.

Quoted for untold amounts of truth.

BagofChaos
Jan 5, 2007, 05:16 PM
Im suprised sega is actually doing something about the hackers. I play on the 360 though, you poor, poor, pc playing souls...And yeah Gameko is right, wait for snowfox to release new hax. oh yeah hes banned, about damn time. The script kiddiesll figure something out, eventually.

EJ
Jan 5, 2007, 05:21 PM
with the currently update to GG I can't use any of the programs to edited the Hex and seems that Sega is finally doing their job or should I say GG is since ST still haven't put a patch to fix those bugs and are just relying on GG to protect them.

But so far I can not use any of the hacks in any of the programs release so yes hacks can't be done for now.

Arislan
Jan 5, 2007, 07:53 PM
Unless Gameguard's update today fixed the workaround that was worked out last week (and I doubt it did, since the workaround pretty much takes GG's ability to update out of the picture), the ability to hack still exists. Simple as that. Unless, as I said, GG's update today somehow fixed it.

imfanboy
Jan 6, 2007, 04:23 AM
Even if it did, within hours there was a new bypass posted up on TMG...

WHY DID THEY PICK MOTHERFUCKING GAMEGUARD???

Gameguard is like that girl in glasses in the back of the classroom that looks like she's prim and proper, really hard to get into the panties of; but actually she's been screwing everyone in the classroom but you because they know how to get in 'em.

I'm starting to seriously think that PC/PS2 was the concession to Broomie and co. Sega was saying, "OK, we know you'll want to mess with us, so... here's a playground you can piss in all you want. Go ahead. We won't stop you. Oh, we'll make lip service to stopping you, but it's (haha) Game Guard again. Yeah, the one that all the real hackers know how to bypass like magic, because they're playing those other games that use GG?"

And then they set up the 360 and the JP servers so that it'd be nigh-on impossible to mess with, and dusted their hands, saying, "Well boss, we foxed 'em this time."

Gah. I'm getting cynical in my old age. Well, it's back to the traditional PSO system of barter, with Kubara Wood being the method of exchange between noobs and synthing masters. I've already seen it happening more than once...

Ah well, at least kubara wood isn't as hard to get as PDs. How nice of ST to design a backup item to barter with just in case someone trashed their precious economy.

watashiwa
Jan 6, 2007, 12:07 PM
On 2007-01-06 01:23, imfanboy wrote:
Ah well, at least kubara wood isn't as hard to get as PDs. How nice of ST to design a backup item to barter with just in case someone trashed their precious economy.

You can use the storage modification trick to withdraw multiples of any item.

Kimil
Jan 6, 2007, 08:51 PM
Aw WTF, K, I'm not refreshing my account after its done the 6 months if this shit isn't fixed...

PSOX all over again >_>

Niered
Jan 9, 2007, 02:09 PM
So, I'm slightly confused...and sorry if I just missed somthing whilst glancing through this topic, but has the room hack been "fixed"? I heard from a freind that it is still possible for a hacker to get into your room and steal your room items, but that PM bombing had been stopped. Any validity to this claim?

Arislan
Jan 9, 2007, 04:58 PM
It was fixed for a time, but at current, is in full force.

Schubalts
Jan 9, 2007, 08:28 PM
The room thing happened on the Japanese servers during their first month, ok? Please, stop saying it's a hack...

Arislan
Jan 9, 2007, 09:50 PM
Different situation Schubalts. The one that is occuring on the PC/PS2 version right now uses the same general method as the "Chat Speech HacK" (making someone else speak what you say) to access another person's room.

-Shimarisu-
Jan 10, 2007, 03:14 AM
You can use these exact same hacks on the Japanese servers, the only reason people don't for the most part is a ban on PSU in Japan means you have to buy another copy of the game. Thanks to your account being tied to a serial number that comes with the game.

Superguppie
Jan 10, 2007, 04:26 AM
Really? Then why didn't Sega do the same here? Why do Japanese people get a better deterrant for cheaters than the rest of the world? Are salespeople here really that stupid?

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Jan 10, 2007, 05:37 PM
Sega is still under the impression (Who knows? They may be right.) Phantasy star games online are small pickin's over here in North America and in Europe. So rather than spend extra money protecting their entire clientelle they sort of turn a blind eye to the less than booming sections and simply hold their hands out to catch the money that trickles in from us and Europe.

Sychosis
Jan 10, 2007, 06:11 PM
Indeed. The entire point of it was to have potential customers (ie. non-phans) pirate the game and make money on the subscriptions.

watashiwa
Jan 11, 2007, 01:36 AM
On 2007-01-10 15:11, Sychosis wrote:
Indeed. The entire point of it was to have potential customers (ie. non-phans) pirate the game and make money on the subscriptions.

I thought about that today and, although it was a good idea at first, it's really shit now because you can't ban people by their serial keys.. = So they can just keep creating as many accounts as they want.. I don't even know if Sega is bothering to ban credit cards or not.. (But you can just ask a buddy for help with that..)

Superguppie
Jan 11, 2007, 08:44 AM
So because I am not in Japan, I am a second-rate citizen? Oh, wait....already knew that....

Considering how many people I have seen leave over this whole crap, I think Sega would be better off protecting better. Not sure about the ratios of assholes and people quiting, but I can imagine it not supporting this line of reasoning.
Still, if they had done the serial thing, they would have some assholes pay for the game many times. That's what's happening on FFXI now. (RMT people getting banned, and coming back by buying another copy....)

ParableApple
Jan 11, 2007, 07:12 PM
Rather than starting a new nooby topic, I thought I'd ask in here - How?! I Was under the impression, that, with all the character data stored online, it'd be impossible to cheat without hacking sega's servers directly. what happened http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

imfanboy
Jan 11, 2007, 08:08 PM
See parable apple (I think I saw you earlier!) not EVERYTHING is saved server-side.

Several VERY important values are not: Meseta and apparently character ID number. -_-

Server-side saving has its downsides; it makes the game run slower for all of the server-side transactions, it...

Well, that's about the only downside, and unfortunately ST thought that it was a big enough downside that they (like idiots!) didn't make it server-side only.

So therefore, anyone with a proper program can mess with the values. <_<

ST and GG ARE keeping up, however; thanks to the way that cheat programs are spread by the retards in charge of the various cheating groups (to anyone that wants them, basically) GG can pick up quick on how they work and then fix 'em.

I get the feeling, just from all the activity in the last week, that ST is SCREAMING at Gameguard to do SOMETHING.

I reiterate, however: why gameguard? -_-

Actually, I should amend that: A cheating program can edit ANYTHING; however, these items will only last until the next time that the server checks what your character has against what the SERVER says he should have. There are several exploits already growing around even those limitations; fortunately, weapons, armor, and units remain unclonable.

Boards, however, are not.

SO WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T SELL RARE BOARDS!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: imfanboy on 2007-01-11 17:12 ]</font>

Superguppie
Jan 12, 2007, 04:31 AM
Not all hacking is character data hacking. Character data hacking is indeed blocked by server-side saving. However, sending engineered messages to the server is also hacking, and it has little to do with where character data is stored.
The game isn't just character data, it's also movement, hitting, or more in general, interaction with the world the character runs through. The only way to keep hacking out of that is to run the entire game, including the controls, on the server. Tiny, but nasty detail: Players can't play that way....

Sgt_Shligger
Jan 13, 2007, 04:09 AM
Hacking gone?

People can still open PSU without GG on. Isn't there a way that ST can figure out if someone logs in without gamegaurd and kick them off quickly, not like ten minutes AFTER they make their meseta?

Kaidenx
Jan 13, 2007, 08:28 PM
Fixed? NOthing is fixed. It's time to jump ship. Sega are complete morons. What cut the cake for me? There is this new way to lvl your PAs to 30 extremely quick. Without effort. What fun ,I'll grind my time out while others accomplish what I've wasted so much of my time to do in mere seconds. That's getting my money's worth. Sega are pieces of junk for not addressing issues that lead especially to this..

-Shimarisu-
Jan 13, 2007, 09:22 PM
Are you talking about buffs?

Because if so, who cares?

Or are you talking about levelling ranger PAs by continually shooting resta spamming vahras?

Because if so, who cares?

Kaidenx
Jan 14, 2007, 12:03 PM
Shimarisu any PA. ANY PA.

"Or are you talking about levelling ranger PAs by continually shooting resta spamming vahras? "

..You do not get what I posted. You should have read over my post again thoroughly before posting. This is a method of simply using a CE. The result? lvl 30 PAs quick. If your monitoring the lil' cheat sites and think you know of the most common things which can be done your wrong. I mean no offense by the way. Just saying it's really annoying to pay a company who does nothing,especially for an issue like this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kaidenx on 2007-01-14 09:07 ]</font>