PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Research, Results, Findings, and Info. Regarding Room D

ShadowHado
Dec 26, 2006, 02:43 AM
So... I decided to do some crazy things real quick before the server just went into maintenance, and thought I would share in case anyone was doing any kind of study. First, I would like to give full credit to JC10001 and zandra117 for the following posts from another thread:

************************************************** *************JC10001 Wrote:

Rumor 2: Feng Shui. This one is a little more complicated but here goes. If you arrange the items in your room a certain way you can increase the drop rate for rare items. Supposedly the optimum arrangement is as follows:

A B C
D D
A C

B

E F F E

The letters represent room deocrations. You will need 6 pairs of decorations total and supposedly the rarer the decoration the greater the effect will be. Also the effect is on a planet-by-planet basis so if you do a lot of Neudaiz runs you would want to fill your room with Neudaiz-specific decorations.

************************************************** *************zandra117 Wrote:

This is the PSU Feng Shui theory.

Your room is like your own custom section ID.

The higher the star rating of the decorations that you put on blue squares will increase your chances of finding items with blue boxes (recovery items, shields, weapons, etc.)

The higher the star rating of the decorations that you put on green squares will increase your chances of finding items with green boxes (synthesis ingredients and boards.)

The higher the star rating of the decoration that you put on the yellow square will increase your chances of finding yellow box items. (meseta)

The higher the star rating of the decoration that you put on the red square will increase your chances of finding red box items. (rare items)

A player's luck only increases the chances of items actually dropping, your room decorations set is what determines the average rarity and item type of the items that drop.

The planet that the decorations come from may or may not matter.

This theory may be true and it may not be true, it is still being tested.

There is a good possibility that there is some fact in this theory becouse some other games such as animal crossing use a similar system.

I went and got almost ALL Christmas Trees in my room. My theory was, if this Feng Shui bidness about the "origin of the decoration" was true, I figured SEGA would have built in some sort of "works anywhere" for Limited Edition stuff like the Christmas Tree. So my room has 10 Christmas Trees, a Wreath (same theory) and a Rappy Landscape (same theory, they appear anywhere.) According to the diagram on Page 1, I have X-Trees on every spot except my Wreath is on the 'D' spot on the right, and my Rappy Landscape is on the lower right 'C' spot. My current Room Decoration Ticket was still Christmas, as it is an 8* rare room dec. ticket, if that has anything to do with it.

So anyways, I was only 500xp or so from lvl 53, and I decided I wanted it BEFORE maintenance lol. So I set out for a mission, and here are the details and results. I don't care what anyone says, the numbers I'm about to report are friggin' ridiculous...

--Xbox 360 Phantasy Star Universe--

*****Character Information*****

Shadow Hado
Level 52 Cast/Male
Fortefighter Level 4
12/26/06, 12:46am, had 1x Luck Today.

*****Mission Information*****

Universe 1
Solo Mission, locked with password
Planet Neudeiz, Forested Islands B

If you guys doing this thing think it matters... I was wearing Gigaline and 2 B-Rank slots, and only destroyed enemies and boxes with my 8* A-Rank Nokoku-Zashi's. I dunno what you guys keep track of...
-----------This is where things get nutz.-----------

*****Mission Results*****

~Out of EVERY box in the level, only 6 (yeah SIX) didn't give me an item.

~Out of EVERY enemy I destroyed (total of 63), 30 of them (almost 50%) didn't drop anything at all.

~I got 4 rares. 2x Vestaline, 1x Olpad, and a Moon Atomizer X (yeah it sucks, but it's 7* for testing this). I also had a B-Rank Scepter drop.

So the way I wrote it, for my little systematic thingy I quick made up was:

Boxes - 6/All (only because I didn't count them, sorry)
Enemies - 30/63
Rares - 4 - 2x 7*, 2x 8*
Extras - 1x B-Rank Weapon Drop

Now, I understand "it's just one mission", I really do, but what are the chances of that happening just because I decided to keep track of it all? I mean it was only a B-Rank mission, and for 2x Vestaline to drop is pretty crazy. After that, even though I only had 5 minutes, I decided to hop into Rainbow Beast C just real quick to blow boxes up and such.

*****Results of partial Rainbow Beast C run, same info as above except on Universe 30 instead*****

~I ended up destroying all the enemies and boxes in Block 1, and I think exactly 13 more enemies in Block 2, but no boxes.

~Every box in Block 1 except 2 gave me an item.

~Every enemy except 11 between the two blocks gave me an item.

~Even though I was on C, I still got some rares (but naturally, they sucked. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) I got a Kubara Wood and a [B] Scape Doll.

So anyways, what I'm saying is, I have NEVER EVER EVER had such a high item count in the boxes. Naturally I'm going to start putting more work into this, so if anyone IS doing research on this as well, please contact me so I can get information on what you need for me to keep track of to help. I'd like to figure this out just like everyone else.

And of course, I will keep everyone posted on what I find, and if you can, share your findings here too.

~~Nate

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowHado on 2006-12-26 10:41 ]</font>

Shadow_Wing
Dec 26, 2006, 02:54 AM
A B C
D D
A C

B

E F F E

Try this out instead =3

RuPiKa
Dec 26, 2006, 03:21 AM
Thanks, for putting work and effort into this theory. It adds alot to a game to have things like this to tweak.

PaladinRPG
Dec 26, 2006, 03:29 AM
Do you think this is only Xbox related?

ZiG
Dec 26, 2006, 06:10 AM
More info please.

Gazette
Dec 26, 2006, 06:19 AM
I thought a mod had debunked this theory on the official forums long ago...

Katrina
Dec 26, 2006, 06:23 AM
If this 'was' added to the game, if it does end up being proven to be true, and if it was added with the intention of letting the 'players' discover it for themselves, it's made of win. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I'd have to give big credit to the game designers.

mech259_
Dec 26, 2006, 07:26 AM
On 2006-12-26 03:19, Gazette wrote:

No, an admin posted that it was wrong.

However, this can hardly be considered debunking because everyone just said "The admin must be wrong" and made more threads about it.

ZiG
Dec 26, 2006, 07:30 AM
On 2006-12-26 03:19, Gazette wrote:

So because he was a mod, he was instantly correct. I get it, lawl! There's like, this sealed envelope they give you when you become a mod that has every secret of PSU revealed! (kinda like Scientology! zomg!)

Seriously, though, unless the mods are devs, or represent the devs, you can't take what they say as law.

mech259_
Dec 26, 2006, 07:45 AM
See what I mean?

ShadowHado
Dec 26, 2006, 01:35 PM
On 2006-12-25 23:54, Shadow_Wing wrote:

A B C
D D
A C

B

E F F E

Try this out instead =3

yeah thats what i meant, but when I quoted it, it came out looking wrong on my original post for some reason. I even tried to edit it, but the edit says it was copied exactly how you have it so I dunno. ^ ^

So for anyone who reads this, this is what I meant, but for whatever reason up top, it wont let me space it out correctly. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

*edit* Finally got it kinda fixed. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowHado on 2006-12-26 10:46 ]</font>

ShadowHado
Dec 26, 2006, 01:45 PM
On 2006-12-26 00:29, PaladinRPG wrote:
Do you think this is only Xbox related?

No way SEGA would make it XBox 360 only. They all launched at the same time. I mean, with PSO, PSO Ep. 2 both on DCast and then later PSO 1+2 and also PSO 1+2 Plus, yeah that made sense there were alot of differences.

Speaking of, I sure don't miss the days when it first came out for DCast and people would run around with hacked Resta spells... "Hi welcome to the p..." Because they could kill you with it, and at the time there was no boot option. GAH! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

-dis-
Dec 26, 2006, 06:05 PM
Not to be a jerk, but there is no reason to believe you wouldn't have received the same drops without the room decorations on those runs.

The game is full of semi-randomness. Things often happen in clumps as opposed to isolated good fortune. PSO was like this, as well. One of the variables for drops comes into alignment at the right time for you and, voila, bursts of rares.

But, hey, maybe your character does carry information about its decorations around. And maybe the universe server checks out your room decorations when a game starts. I don't know. Doesn't seem likely, but as someone said, it would be a nice touch by Sega - too bad they are not known for such.

Shade-
Dec 27, 2006, 11:49 AM
the problem with this theory is you need to do about 50-100 runs with each decoration layout to get any sort of reliable results. And I highly doubt that anyone here has the paitence to do a low rank mission solo 50-100 times (other than maybe unsafe passage C), let alone a dosen different combinations of decorations. I'm not trying to slam the theory or anything. I'd like to believe it's true, but I'm not going to move my pannon army around just because there is a chance I might get slightly better drops maybe once and a while if it's even true.