PDA

View Full Version : HUnewearl Material diet

Jaspaller
Dec 26, 2006, 08:54 AM
A HUnewearl is going to one my next characters (possibly after I create a RAmarl, or HUcast) and I was wondering if someone could suggest a good plan for materials. I'm not too concernced on maxing the Evasion stat of HUnewearls, but I WOULD like a suggestion that gives me the ability to create a rare mag, and also be able to keep 2 slots open for my armor. Any suggestions?

Bezmor
Dec 26, 2006, 09:04 AM
There is no way to totaly max out. Id suggest looking at the Maxing stat guides and making you own personal edits to cut out all evasion and put in other. For example use the one that gets you closest to max then take all the evasion mats and put them into what wont be maxed. (like if the plan leaves mst not maxed take all the evasion away and use mind instead) Unfortunatly all the plans use at least 3 (one uses 4) slots. So you also have to compensate for what you loose by taking off 1 god/ability with the would be evasion mats. HUnewearls are nice but when it comes to maxing they can be a pain.
This is the max stat guide:
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2265

Jaspaller
Dec 26, 2006, 09:29 AM
Seeing as how the stats aren't possible to max, it was one of the reasons I decided to avoid using HUnewearls for quite a while. I'm willing to start giving it a try though as I have never played the half force, half melee much. I have a FOmar but... I just can't stick with him and he's stuck at level 40 right now.

Well, time to get calculating! *whips out calculator*

Bezmor
Dec 26, 2006, 09:49 AM
I think youll be please. The twin saber animation is really nice plus because of the MST she can learn good s/d/j/z fast plus resta. I gave mine a mind mag and gave it some nice shifta and daband but still has decnt ATP so i like um.

Neith
Dec 26, 2006, 10:29 AM
Er...

HUnewearl isn't half melee-half tech. I'd say she's more like 70%melee/30% tech, if that. Only use her as a support/techer if you're in a party with no FO's. Otherwise, her DFP is being put to waste.

As for maxing.. as said, unless you have Blue Burst, you can't entirely max one out (hell, even WITH Blue Burst, it involves a precise mat plan, precise mag stats, and using all 4 armour slots, which sucks)

I wont tell you what stats to have on your mag etc, because i never maxed my HUney. However, I will say, you should max:

ATP. (For obvious reasons, HUney ATP is good, even though its the lowest of HUs). Max this for sure.

DFP. This maxes very easily, and is the 2nd highest in the game, so make use of it.

ATA. 199 ATA isn't something to write home about, and you WILL still miss with max ATA. So, max it to make sure you cut down on misses.

LCK. May as well get the critical hits rolling in.

EVP on a HUney isn't too hot, so don't worry about maxing it. Her MST is very nice (1177), but extremely hard to max. My personal opinion is that it's a waste of time maxing. You'll only end up sacrificing ATP or ATA for it. I think my 200 HUney has about 980MST, which is pretty decent. It does need raising a bit, but it's enough to keep her alive easily.

As I said, I can't suggest mag stats/equips (though Cure/Freeze should be in every Hunters equips anyway), but thought id give you my opinion on the more important stats to max.

If you do have BB (havent checked your profile), and you do decide to max her out, she won't be as capable a Hunter as you'd think, as stupid as it sounds. The maxing plan leaves no room for a Cure/Unit, which is vital.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2006-12-26 07:30 ]</font>

Jaspaller
Dec 26, 2006, 10:38 AM
On 2006-12-26 07:29, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Er...

HUnewearl isn't half melee-half tech. I'd say she's more like 70%melee/30% tech, if that. Only use her as a support/techer if you're in a party with no FO's. Otherwise, her DFP is being put to waste.

As for maxing.. as said, unless you have Blue Burst, you can't entirely max one out (hell, even WITH Blue Burst, it involves a precise mat plan, precise mag stats, and using all 4 armour slots, which sucks)

I wont tell you what stats to have on your mag etc, because i never maxed my HUney. However, I will say, you should max:

ATP. (For obvious reasons, HUney ATP is good, even though its the lowest of HUs). Max this for sure.

DFP. This maxes very easily, and is the 2nd highest in the game, so make use of it.

ATA. 199 ATA isn't something to write home about, and you WILL still miss with max ATA. So, max it to make sure you cut down on misses.

LCK. May as well get the critical hits rolling in.

EVP on a HUney isn't too hot, so don't worry about maxing it. Her MST is very nice (1177), but extremely hard to max. My personal opinion is that it's a waste of time maxing. You'll only end up sacrificing ATP or ATA for it. I think my 200 HUney has about 980MST, which is pretty decent. It does need raising a bit, but it's enough to keep her alive easily.

As I said, I can't suggest mag stats/equips (though Cure/Freeze should be in every Hunters equips anyway), but thought id give you my opinion on the more important stats to max.

If you do have BB (havent checked your profile), and you do decide to max her out, she won't be as capable a Hunter as you'd think, as stupid as it sounds. The maxing plan leaves no room for a Cure/Unit, which is vital.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2006-12-26 07:30 ]</font>

Well, umm, you know what i meant about half and half. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif lol.

I'm playing PSOX so Heavenly units are out of the picture. As stated before, I'm not too concerned about maxing the evasion since It's pretty much useless with high DFP. I've made one attempt at a mag and mat diet which ended in failure since the MST was nowhere close to what I wanted to get it.

Back to the drawing board http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

Neith
Dec 26, 2006, 10:58 AM
Just a word- don't rely on high DFP too much, it actually makes things worse against some enemies (Sinows in Ult). Being able to take more damage so you fall down 'can' be a lifesaver.

You can complement your EVP with a high EVP shield, like Kasami.

Again, don't worry too much about getting max MST, as long as it's fairly decent she should be ok.

Jaspaller
Dec 26, 2006, 01:22 PM
Well, I have PHAILED at reaching my goal for a mag and mat diet that I wanted. Looks like I was able to use 3 slots for god/ability units. Leaving 1 slot free, however, this method meant leaving EVP unmaxed (by 85 pts) and also ATP or MST unmaxed as well (by 98 pts). It's either, max MST, max ATP, or mix them together so that you don't max either. Well, I suppose this is as good as I can get it without being on blueburst. I'll post the Mag and Mat diet here so that if someone else wishes to use it, they can.

This is a modification of the diet provided by RicoRoyal, Quo, and cHaOsMaZtA.

This involves using three god/ability units in your armor, and by switching the mag you equip, you can choose to max the ATP/MST stat.

Materials: Straight from the guides minus the EVP Mats:
Power: 76
Defense: 0
Mind: 16
Evade: 0
Luck: 15
Leftover Mats: 43 (you can distrubute these to either power, or mind)

Mag: For the mag, you can change the stats for power, or change the stats for mind... but these are the stats you NEED on the mag.
Def: 5
Pow: 0
Dex: 92
Mind: 0
Leftover: 103

The equipment, mats and mag stats listed above will max your ATA, DFP, and LCK. ATP, MST, and EVP are still left unmaxed.

In total, you still have 103 levels left for your mag (which is 206 points worth), and 43 Materials (86 points worth). That's a total of 292 points leftover to distrubute to the 190 points of ATP, and 200 points of MST.

Either way you distribute the materials (you don't even HAVE to distribute them), you will still be able to max out either the ATP, or the MST by switching to a mag with enough points to boost it to the max. You don't even have to use the remaining 43 materials and you will STILL be able to max one of them leaving one slot available for God/Battle or a Cure item.

Avoiding the EVP (which needs 85 points to max), and using all the Mats and Mag levels accordingly, you will be 98 points away from maxing the Power and Mind together. I'm sure on Blueburst you would be able to edit this slightly and max all the stats except (maybe) EVP completely.

Items like Centurion/Ability, V101, and Adept would SURELY bring it to max. Maybe I'll write a stat guide using those later though...

xxTrystanxx
Dec 26, 2006, 04:01 PM
I freely admit I messed up my HUneys materials, so maxing even SOME of her stats are going to be tough. That, and to be honest, I'm not that keen on going off to hunt all those God/Abilities. the CRQ guide (as I like to call it) seems to love using God/Abilities to max out stats, and they are a pain to get.

But in my opinion, the stats to max are really going to be ATP, ATA, LCK, and DEF.

Jas, you've played with me often enough to see just how little I use my techs. And most HUneys I've played with play similarly. Really only for S/D/J/Z, Rafoie on the Sil Dragon, and Foie on Falz.

Funny this thread should come up because I've recently been trying to transition into the "endgame" of sorts for my HUney.

KojiroAK
Dec 26, 2006, 04:39 PM
I would suggest don't bother with Mind and Evasion.
(evasion becomes near by useless in Ult. and Huney delivers enough Mind for the times they use Techs (and at the time you reach Ult, the Trifluids aren't even that expensive in relation to what you can get on the field.(2-3 ??? Weapons and a Trifluid is earned))

45 Luck material (then you don't have to concern about units for that)
2523 Def Material((589 - 538 - 5[minimum Mag def])/2)(so maxed out at Lv.200)
The last 82 to Power Material.
On this way you would only have to bring your mags power to 121119 to max out at Lv.200
(remains 7476 levels from them you can invest 74 to max out at ATA on Lv.200 and 2 Lv. for mind.

The ATA i would primary make by Units. (God/Arm [not to hard to get] = 15 ATA)
ATA Difference at Hunewearl 52
So if you have 2 God/Arm you only have to spend 44 Mag levels to Dex to max out at Lv.200.
end the rest of the Mag level you can spend to Mind.
(Or if you completely ignore Mind you can save a further slot.)
And you can get each rare mag with Def + Power = Dex + Mind.

ATP and ATA maxed out at Lv.200 and 2 or 3 slots free.

Short form:
Materials

45 Luck Materials
23 Def Materials
82 Power Materials
150 Materials

Mag

5 Def
119 Power
74 or 44 Dex
2 or 30 Mind
200 Mag levels

Units

1 or 2 God/Arm
1 */Battle (I think this you headed for)
Remains 1 or 2 Slots.

What difference a little calculation failure can cause .

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KojiroAK on 2006-12-26 16:10 ]</font>