PDA

View Full Version : FOnewearls and Megid

Munki
Nov 26, 2002, 01:32 PM
I have a question to pose. I have noticed in a couple of posts that people feel the FOnewearls mastery of Megid is 'cheap' especially on Ultimate. Why is this? I understand that it is an extremely good tactic to use, and can make things easier for said mage.

As long as the other members of the mage's group get their hits in, why is it such a big deal though? As far as I can tell (haven't been to ultimate yet) the mage is still gonna have a difficult time moving around and not getting hit. If monsters move faster in ULT than they do in V-HARD, then I am gonna have a heck of a time avoiding getting hit... and hopefully that one hit doesn't mean death to the lowest DFP and HP in the game. And it doesn't work on bosses, which is where the real challenge of the game lies (at the higher levels). Also, high level megids aren't exactly easy finds.

I just am concerened, as when it starts to become a viable option, I intend to use this strategy. I had no idea about spell specializations when I created my character (if I did, I might have been able to stomach the FOnewmn's look and choose him), but now that I have invested over 100 hours into Chibimunki, I am not about to ditch her. And if I have to play to my strengths to survive, am I a 'cheap' player? Should HUcasts intentionally use weaker weapons so that they don't do way more damage than a HUmar? I played with somebody with a Frozen Shooter the other day... it was a very effective weapon, and helped made our game a bit easier. Should that Ranger not have used that weapon, as it is 'cheap'?

Sorry, I just don't want to limit myself in the use of my character, but I don't want to be labled cheap and have people not play with me. It is all in the way you play those strengths, I guess. "With great power comes great responsibility"

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy
Nov 26, 2002, 05:31 PM
Use it all you want. No one can hold you back from using it. You pay a lot of TP to use it, and it works! If you have it, use it. Just as long as it isn't so cheap that no one can get exp.

Wewt
Nov 26, 2002, 05:47 PM
Ignore them. Those are probably the people deprived of their 180% weapons.

DirewolfX
Nov 26, 2002, 11:39 PM
Is it that good? My level 7 megid barely hits anything. And besides, it costs a lot and has a long recovery time. Furthermore, enemies you don't kill, don't get stunned, so they just keep coming at you. I wouldn't recommend it for Offline play. Maybe throw it into a group that's chasing a Hunter or something. Then again, maybe the efficiency rises dramatically as it gets to higher levels. Does anyone have any numbers on this?

Sedric
Nov 27, 2002, 01:30 AM
Agree. Ignore them. Though I WILL agree to those people if there's any FOnewearl with Lv. 30 Megid actually doing that literally.

But let's face it, reality says high level Megid will be super rare, so it's unlikely for things to happen that way.

And I bet we'll see whole lot more of non-Forces cheesing their way with some crazy weapons, instead of some Forces trying to act like a "Rambo" with a high level Megid.

I guess people who actually gripe about these stupid things saying that "Ult will be flooded with cheesy FOnewearls w/ high level Megid hogging all Exp!" are the ones with some sort of inferiority complex, and are cheesy exp & item hoggers themselves.