PDA

View Full Version : Twin Handgun questions

North
Dec 26, 2006, 10:11 AM
1: Which of the guns' PAs are worth getting? Freeze, shock, both? etc...

and Im a female beast figunner, now i was told beasts are surprisingly good with twin handguns but females have the lowest ATA so...are they still decent?

Kano-Okami
Dec 26, 2006, 10:12 AM
I generally stick with Ice bullets. Freezing is a really good tactic, especially on midbosses.

ZiG
Dec 26, 2006, 10:54 AM
Twin Freeze will never freeze a "midboss"...Twin Freeze caps at lvl2 Freeze SE at PA lvl30.

Imo, they're all worth getting, but lets look at the various aspects.

Freeze is popular, and very useful, no matter what planet you're on. They all have numerous Fire-based mobs.
Burn is great solo, and generally good against anything that isn't fire based, but it caps at SE lv2, so you'll never burn anything "large sized", like Freeze.
Plasma is good solo, as well, since it makes shit unable to hit you. Again, this caps at SE lv2.
Grav is the strongest, getting the highest +% to ATP, and silence is nice on S rank LL or Neudaiz, and great for robots.

I personally use Twin freeze and twin Grav the most.

Neith
Dec 26, 2006, 10:55 AM
Beasts are half-decent with guns because of their ATP. They miss more, but when they hit, they inflict more damage.

As for Twin Handguns, I carry two sets, one with Twin Plasma (Shock) and one with Twin Burn (Burn). From what Ive seen, Freeze is good in some situations, but with a lot of Hunters in the team, it becomes redundant unless it's a high level Freeze.

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 26, 2006, 11:17 AM
I find freeze to be worthless after thinking about it. Freeze makes it so the next 4 hits won't miss, but then the ice breaks. Shock however lasts for a set period of time no matter what. Burn is also great causing a good amount of extra damage. I don't really care for silence because magic attacks are typically easy to avoid. This coming from a guy with lvl 20 twin ice, lvl 11 twice shock, lvl 7 twin fire, lvl 1 twin grav. Obviously I loved ice before, and it was my favorite element. But I've become more partial to shock now.

I think you should just buy them all. I have every skill a Fighgunner can use currently, all melee weapons except axe, all twin handgun, all single handgun, all mechgun and all crossbow... and still have plenty of extra spaces for other techs.

THE JACKEL

ZiG
Dec 26, 2006, 11:34 AM
You people don't give Freeze enough credit. You only seem to look at one aspect of it and ignore the others.

Yes, Freeze makes it so the next few hits won't miss, and then it breaks. Great. Freeze also stops mobs from trying to hit you, or other members of your party, while they concentrate on other mobs. It also stops mobs dead in their tracks so Forces/Fortetechers can hit them with their slow-as-hell burning balls of rock.

Look, it comes down to preference, really. Remember that unlike PAs for melee weapons, Bullets actually add ATP to the guns, so having the correct element for the job also helps you do more damage. So Freeze may be a lame SE to you, but added damage to almost half the mobs in the game is still pretty good.

Witchblade56
Dec 26, 2006, 11:51 AM
You could take it to the next step and examine the mobs element. Mobs that have fire base attributes are weaker to ice, thunder weak to earth etc etc. You're going to get a higher proc rate on a given element the rate at which the SE lasts doesnt change from what ive seen.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Witchblade56 on 2006-12-26 08:53 ]</font>

Sethimothy
Dec 26, 2006, 11:52 AM
I utilize dagger and pistol combo, and I have all four techniques. In general, I find myself using plasma when soloing but ice when in parties. However, I'm trying to get all of them leveled up.

Beasts generally do a fair amount of damage when their bullets hit but can find it a little more difficult than some to get those bullets to hit.

Akaimizu
Dec 26, 2006, 12:58 PM
I find that it all depends on where and when you use it. I know for my current level (37) Freeze is pretty nice to use, but then again, it's my highest levelled bullets.

Right now, I've been working on bringing my Ground bullets up. Mainly to satisfy 1/2 of my late game silence aspects. The other half will be worked on, when I take up lighting bullets.

I guess my main goal is really to be a major status ailment force with the Twin Gunnies. My idea is debilitation. Anything that can take the teeth out of a tiger, or diminish them, so the party can have an easier time with the beasts. Anything to help keep them safe.

I'm also a Guntecher, that's just barely kissing Guntecher class level 2, at the moment. In general, I'm basically working on maxing out my most important bullets and techniques, for the time. I'm doing a lot of switching in a mission to accomodate the multi-role I currently have. I think I have my weapon pallette optimized now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Hrith
Dec 26, 2006, 02:40 PM
Burn is the best bullet type in any situation, the damage done by the SE makes up for any drawback it may have had.

Twin Handguns suck, though, if you're a Ranger expert class.

Akaimizu
Dec 26, 2006, 02:52 PM
I'm a Guntecher, actually. I favor Twin guns mainly for Status Ailment distribution, for that class, in particular. Even then, there are some really nice ones out there. They serve their purpose.

Besides, they aren't the only guns in my inventory. Just that I tend to use them the most, as my main code of work involves them. The other stuff, sort of has their own, best-use function. I tend to take those roles as a secondary.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-12-26 11:56 ]</font>

Carbinne
Dec 26, 2006, 09:23 PM
I dunno, I find my twin handguns as Fortegunner to be great damage dealers, and help greatly in situations where I can't sit still without getting hit. Having freeze on them helps even more in those situations since they immobilize one threat completely. I more often than not wind up falling back on them whenever my rifles run out of or low on juice, however, they're a GREAT fallback. Rifles for burn and shock, twins for freeze, and uh. Working on grav rifle now. Though I also have 21 twin grav which is ok I guess. I'd say atm the most useful elements are shock and fire, though.

Ether
Dec 27, 2006, 07:37 AM
Get ice, nearly every enemy you'll want to be using guns on is fire based. Neudaiz worms, the flying enemies on Parum and Moatoob, Jarba, De Ragan, Onmagoug, and Tengohg, to name the major ones

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ether on 2006-12-27 04:46 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 27, 2006, 11:35 AM
well, for my guntecher, I'm focusing on fire for my twin handguns because it matches her pink/red hair, and its at level 19 or 20 or so. when i get it to level 21, i'll probably focus on freeze, then the other two.