PDA

View Full Version : Ok....Ummm....*SPOILERS*

GalaxTheWanderer
Dec 26, 2006, 01:48 PM
This is about the online story mode thing. I had to BATTLE Ethan, he was level 63, I was level five. What exactly am I supposed to do? I can't do ANY damage at all, and seeing as you level slowly, leveling alot is out of the question for quite a while. What I need to know is, do you HAVE to win the fight, or do you run? I already died against him once, AND he has Liina at his side. The thing is, since I cannot do ANY damage, nor the NPC in the mission with you, do you have to run off to somewhere or what?

redcell
Dec 26, 2006, 01:52 PM
That's on purpose =) all you have to do is try to survive until Laia says something along the lines of, "He's definitely as good as they say he is". I'd imagine it's hard though when you're level 5 ><; you may want to level up a bit more before attempting again. But yes, you can't win the fight! Just try to survive for as long as possible.

GalaxTheWanderer
Dec 26, 2006, 02:30 PM
Oh, ok, THANKS!

OdinTyler
Dec 27, 2006, 01:27 PM
You gotta battle Ethan??? Oh shi-- ...

Sounds interesting. Ive made Ethan offline pretty decent. Should be an interesting fight one day...

Sitka
Dec 27, 2006, 03:40 PM
I also couldn't figure out how to beat Ethan....until a friend told me, "don't fight him."

So, the next time I got to the Ethan battle part I just stood off and watched him and Laia go at each other and as long as I didn't initate an attack, he left me alone. After smacking Laia around for a bit, she finally gives up...mission complete.

Divanti
Dec 27, 2006, 04:32 PM
It was kinda fun to try to fight him anyway, even though I threw up nothing but 0s. I suppose it all depends on your level. I am by no means high level (only level 30), but even though he was over twice my level he never hit me for more than 4 or 5 damage. Must be rigged that way. I don't know what you'd get hit for at say, level 1 though.

Q_Anon
Dec 27, 2006, 04:41 PM
I did this mission on a female cast at level 1 and Ethan managed maybe 10 damage tops. He's supposed to be incredibly weak so low levels can actually survive.