PDA

View Full Version : Best way to get class levels solo?

Talomis
Dec 26, 2006, 02:21 PM
I solo a lot, so I was just wondering what missions etc I can do to gain class levels(going for wartecher as soon as possible) as fast as possible solo wise. Any help would be appreciated!

Golto
Dec 26, 2006, 02:45 PM
Valley of Carnage C rank is your best bet for fastest mp per min solo.

Wheatpenny
Dec 26, 2006, 03:25 PM
I agree Valley of Carnage C FTW. Good meseta too.

SolomonGrundy
Dec 26, 2006, 05:11 PM
that the mission with only 2 blocks on moatoob, right?

Tear
Dec 26, 2006, 06:01 PM
On 2006-12-26 14:11, SolomonGrundy wrote:
that the mission with only 2 blocks on moatoob, right?

Yep. Good for leveling PAs too. Especially wide area ones like Renkai, Tornado Break, and Rising Crush.

SolomonGrundy
Dec 26, 2006, 06:08 PM
not to mention getting mot wood/ash...for those hard hitting moatoob weapons.

Talomis
Dec 26, 2006, 06:29 PM
Nice, thanks for the info http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ronzeru
Dec 26, 2006, 07:03 PM
What you do if you don't like playing with others is, join a pt that you can just barely enter to get the most out of it. Shoot everything at least once. Stand back, then let everyone else kill it all for you, and watch your exp fly.

SolomonGrundy
Dec 26, 2006, 08:07 PM
On 2006-12-26 16:03, Ronzeru wrote:
What you do if you don't like playing with others is, join a pt that you can just barely enter to get the most out of it. Shoot everything at least once. Stand back, then let everyone else kill it all for you, and watch your exp fly.

I can and would boot you for that. Apologies, but risking the S-rank...

Sitka
Dec 27, 2006, 01:09 AM
I actually prefer either the Parum or Neudaiz Relics for solo runs.

Valley of Carnage is good, but those stupid shield-wielding goombas are tough to kill and can do a lot of damage back with their diga/fire attacks. Still, when I need Mot Wood, Mot Ash or Mot Ebon, I do farm the valley as the idiots with their shops price everything over the NPC price. That said, there are not many boxes on the run for wood drops so I always keep going and clear the mines for some chances at more wood.

Parum Relics is pretty decent for experience, meseta, items (some rare synth drops + nanocarbons + xmas trees) and decent mission points per run.

Neudaiz is good for the Tengohs (75 exp on c - easy exp), maps are short and easy, good meseta, decent drops, 2 x easy boss and relatively easy mission points.

I take Laia and my 450 pm with me always when running solo as it makes the runs much faster and easier.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 27, 2006, 01:38 AM
whats the MP for vally C and how long does it take?

I do unsafe passage B it takes 6 mintues and has a 5 MP pay out so thats almost 1 point per minute.

equal to that of alot of group games, minus good groups in S rank.

EJ
Dec 27, 2006, 01:43 AM
i believe Valley C is about 9mp for a 6min run

CelestialBlade
Dec 27, 2006, 03:01 AM
Just be sure to have some armor with Fire resistance on it, or pack a lot of Antimates, because you'll probably find yourself on fire half the time if you're not careful. Freaking Vanda.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 27, 2006, 03:49 AM
wow that is nice, if I can do vally c in 6 min ill start soloing there. about burn... I think only stamina effects status effects not the elemental % on your armor. Also im a fortetecher so my hp is so low it barly hurts me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I 98% of the time dont bother to reverser it since its easier to let ti stay on and just resta after.

I remember there being some magic resistant mobs and flying stuff there tho.. I hate stuff like that :/ but in C rank it will die ez probably.

B lin line will still be better to lvl my gi techs tho so may stick to that just for the sake of tech lvling.

AC9breaker
Dec 27, 2006, 04:03 AM
I don't understand,why do people play online games if they're gonna play primarily solo. If your going to play solo just play the game offline and save yourself the money. Unless your one of the ego trippin folks who likes to tote how big and bad they are because they can solo this and that. Like this one guy in one of my Neudeiz S mission who wouldn't shut the fuck up about how he would solo all the time and how he could solo Demons Above S and it "only took 2hours" wtf?

Ether
Dec 27, 2006, 05:20 AM
Why does everyone always say Valley of Carnage? Its only 7 mission points, while Mine Defense is 9, and easier

Careful
Dec 27, 2006, 06:38 AM
Sometimes people just get sick and tired of parties that they need to be alone for awhile. Plus, it's their money and time not yours to decide what they should be doing.

Kuya
Dec 27, 2006, 09:12 AM
I'd have to agree with Ether. Mine defense is easier since there are less shielded vandas. The only thing I have "problems" with is the Kogs. Grenades usually put them in their place though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sitka
Dec 27, 2006, 09:57 AM
Parts of this game actually encourage solo runs.

Consider:

1) Your PM battle stats are based on how often you use her. Thus, if you want a kickass partner for your runs who doesn't box whore and never gives you crap for same (cept for annoying chat signs which block your view of the megid flinging bastards on LL), you need to bring your PM. You can't do that in group play as only the leader brings the PM and most guys don't want to play with yours.

2) Meseta. This game costs lots of meseta and at least on xbox the gold stuff still has lots of value. Your chances of raking in enough money in a given amount of time to buy a high-priced board or armor are much better when running solo.

3) Items. How long have you run where you were looking for a specific item and every time it drops, someone else picks it up? Vestaline is a good example. I can easily pick up the 6 or so Vestalines I need for most synthing by running solo for a few hours, but it takes days with a party to accumulate that much.

4) AFK. Yes, afk. I do it a lot. This game doesn't penalize you for camping out in runs when you have to dash out and grab a quick meal or flip the laundry from the washer to the drier. Yes, you can camp out in your secret sniper spot, let your weapon automatically recharge while you sprint out to seperate two kids who are killing each other in the next room and return to still get your s-rank. I don't want to do this with a team and have to catch up two blocks later.

5) Synthing. I'm constantly synthing materials for yet another failed attempt at an uber weapon. This takes time and you have to spend quite a bit of time shopping around for someone who doesn't have Vestaline priced at over 6,000 (really people, how hard is it to price your shop items below NPC http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif). You can't do this with a team.

On the other hand, when your hungering for some human companionship or you want help trying to finish a tough mission, then the team is all where it is at. We have a good group of players that regularly get together for easy, fun runs and mission point leveling/frag gathering etc....

But sometimes, it's nice to jump on at 4 am and just solo it for a bit.

LegendKilla01
Jan 8, 2007, 05:18 AM
whats mp stand for?

Logicdustbin
Jan 8, 2007, 06:08 AM
On 2007-01-08 02:18, LegendKilla01 wrote:
whats mp stand for?

Mission Points.

this is what levels your job...

huntlyon
Jan 8, 2007, 06:26 AM
I couldn't imagine soloing to WT through the force prerequisites... I did mine second, considering humans start off hunter and I figured what the hell. group up just to level your resta, the solo potential of a WT come later.

Gamemako
Jan 8, 2007, 07:12 AM
On 2006-12-27 02:20, Ether wrote:
Why does everyone always say Valley of Carnage? Its only 7 mission points, while Mine Defense is 9, and easier

Because VoC can be done in about 8 minutes while Mines takes 15.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gamemako on 2007-01-08 04:13 ]</font>

Nayte
Jan 8, 2007, 07:38 AM
The Vandas are easy...shield or no shield

ycavan
Jan 8, 2007, 10:35 AM
Soloing as a force is pretty easy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I have a WT and did my 5 force faster than I did my 3 hunter... to level up my classes, I just did de-ragaan runs @ 8MP. very easy to kill de-ragaan w/ bows & ice arrows.

since having done the force thing, I don't bother picking up mates much, since Resta is always available. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif 'n about the only time I use items is to wear the goggles to find trees to break. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif