PDA

View Full Version : PSU-Item: The Economy - Synthing, Synth Mats and Sales (Ran

Mortyl
Dec 26, 2006, 03:45 PM
I'll begin by saying, gaaaaah...just Gaaaaaah. How are these people pricing their synth mats? _ALMOST ALL_ player shops are selling mats above store price.
<.<

Hint: If someone is looking for synth mats from your
shop, don't bait them, they are not interested
in buying your other overpriced crap. >_<

Suggested Prices for Player Shops:
---------
Vestaline - 3.5k - 5k each (Store 6000)
Kerseline - 2.5k - 3k each (Store 4000)
All Ebons - 2.5k - 3k each (Store 4000)
7* Metals - 1.5k - 2k each (Store 2500)
Ray-Photons - 500 - 1.5k each (n/a)
All others - 50 - 200 each (n/a)

Why are people complaining about the prices of Sori-Senbas.
-_~

It costs around about 410,000 meseta to roll the dice on 41% odds to make a Sori-Senba, IMHO 2 million for one with ice over 15% is not an unfair asking price.

If you think its so overpriced, you should create an armor PM and attempt the synth yourself, then repeat it several times and sell it for the price you think is fair.

If you think that 8* Elemental melee weapons are overpriced at 200,000..
O_o

An 8* melee weapon costs between 100,000 - 165,000 meseta (Unfortunately we have to buy photons from players) to roll the dice for a success rate of between 40% to 55%

You lose your money around or slightly more than half the time crafting elemental weapons.

Yes I realize you could lower the costs very very slightly (and I do mean very) by buying synth materials at player stores, but that brings me to point number #2.

The same crack-smokers complaining about the high prices of Synthed weapons and armor, are the ones selling Ray-Photons for 4k - 8k each

(*btw this makes an ice weapon synth cost an additional 40k to 80k, they use 10 Ray-Photons per synth attempt)

I've only ever bought a Vestaline or Kerseline below store price on two occasions, one piece on each occasion. For gods sake, the store sells them for 6k and 4k respectively. You think you can fool us into paying more?

Ebon is slightly less problematic, but scouring every single shop on the list yields if I'm luck enough ebon to craft One weapon a day (6 pieces) so the rest comes from the shop. At 4k a pop Ebon of all flavors.

I'm not sure if people are oblivious to shop prices, or they just want to try their luck with half-asleep crafters.

***I've spent a lot of time trying to keep synth costs down so I can sell cheaper weapons. I believe its a win-win situation for everyone. I'll be compiling a list of player shops that are not even worth stepping into and posting that list at some point in the near future.

A $%#@LIST if you will, of:
shops that sell everything at exorbitant prices,
shops that _only_ sell at above NPC prices,
shops that are used only for storage,
shops that "bait" and sell only overpriced junk,

It will be completely unbiased as well lengthy list of player shops which aren't even worth your time loading up. Some PSOW members are also guilty of running such shops, their names will not be omitted.

Should be fun..we can maybe maintain a running list and maybe fix the economy with a "name and shame" strategy.
>.>

Kirip-san
Dec 26, 2006, 03:50 PM
Why do people love to ignore NPC pricing and trying their luck always puzzles me~nyo.

Sethimothy
Dec 26, 2006, 03:53 PM
This could prove awesome. We should have a blacklist of such stores.

Kirip-san
Dec 26, 2006, 04:07 PM
...Was there a point for the mods to move this to the rants society~nyo?
It's gonna be a bit hard composing the blacklist like this~nyo...

qwerty_kid
Dec 26, 2006, 04:14 PM
maybe you should try making a sorta watermark of trusted and well repected shops?

Mystil
Dec 26, 2006, 06:51 PM
I think I've been ripped off on the axe that I bought for 210k. But I sold it back(to the NPC....). But my 20% ground A rank knuckles was worth the 170,000 IMO. If there's cheaper, I can't find it. Yuki's shop has high priced A ranks..and I have my eye on the spears she's made. I just need 200+k again -.-. If LOWER can't be found, as a shopper you really have no choice weapon wise.

Ray-Photon is a different issue.

Shigecki
Dec 27, 2006, 02:36 AM
What system is this on? I'm on the 360, and haven't payed anything close to those prices. Ray-Photons? I've sold more to the NPCs then I have kept. Do you guys even play the game, or is there some sort of bug that makes it so you can't find them? They usually run anywhere between 100 to 200 meseta, and as low as 30 meseta and as high as 350 meseta each. Are the prices you mentioned by the dozen?

I just did a search for the Mukfet (8* spear) on the 360. Only 2 stores had them, 150,000 and 145,000 each. One with ground and the other with dark. I found only 1 shop that sold Gudda Godda (8* knuckle), and that one had dark, 130,000. If you guys are on the PC/PS2, the player stores are really ripping you guys off, and ruining your economy.

I'd say just wait until the next update, prices should go down. The shop owners still need to sell their items, and when better weapons are released, the prices should lower.

On 2006-12-26 13:14, qwerty_kid wrote:
maybe you should try making a sorta watermark of trusted and well repected shops?

This sounds like a good idea, but the big problem is this. 25 pages of good stores, and are you going to go through the entire list to find one that you want to shop at? There isn't a truely good way to do this. The best that I've come up with is making my own list of good stores and just shopping there. If something comes up that I want to get and they don't have it, I then do a search. I write down the good shops because it is much easier to do this then the bad ones.

I'll never put anyone on a "blacklist", I heard it is nearly impossible to get someone off of that. No need to destroy possible friendships because I don't like the prices they set at their shops.

On the other side, how is making a list of bad shops going to help sort out things when searching? They will still come up. I believe the shops appear on your search from newest to oldest per item, with only 30 shops ads being show. You will still have to see these ads.

Actually the best way is to just have patients when shopping. Most of the time there really isn't much difference between a 6* and a 7* item besides looks. Same goes for 7* and 8* and so on. This is still a very new game, and we haven't even had the s-ranks released.

Anyway, just me two cents. Do what you will, but yes I do think that an 8* element melee weapons is overpriced at 200,000. I guess it's because I make what I use, and don't buy synth materials to make them, I find them instead.

Mystil
Dec 27, 2006, 07:48 AM
I just did a search for the Mukfet (8* spear) on the 360. Only 2 stores had them, 150,000 and 145,000 each. One with ground and the other with dark. I found only 1 shop that sold Gudda Godda (8* knuckle), and that one had dark, 130,000. If you guys are on the PC/PS2, the player stores are really ripping you guys off, and ruining your economy
For some of the shops - yes. We have duped meseta in circulation currently.

Shoegaze
Dec 27, 2006, 05:06 PM
I think the whole concept of selling A rank or greater weapons for profit is somewhat of misnomer, if you follow my logic. With even a maxed out PM in a particular skill, your chance for success on any given A-rank item is going to be low. Statistically speaking, you'll likely get one success, maybe two if you have a stroke of good fortune. My thought is that weapons that are this difficult to make, and aren't even available in NPC shops yet are supposed to be exceedly rare in the game. With this in mind, players will likely have to gather the majority of the materials through missions as opposed to buying them if they want to beat the NPC shop price. Remember, if you buy all the materials and the board for say a 7* item, you'll actually loose money when compared to the vendor cost of 90K. If you gather the materials necessary and buy just the board, you might actually save some money on an A rank weapon. You might even get lucky, and get a nice elemental percetage with melee weapons as well. It just means that players will need patience to get some of those really sweet high end items. Sadly, asking certain gamers to have patience is like asking a bird to not fly. It's not in their nature.

As a result, we've all become aware of players using hacks to duplicate meseta and the players buying that duplicated money off E-bay so they can get all the top notch items right away. Such actions by players like this mean that any intent for creating rare high end items by ST is null and void.

In the end, "rare" in PSU is more a concept than a reality XD

Maybe a little off topic... maybe not though. Take it easy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shoegaze on 2006-12-27 14:08 ]</font>

Magician
Dec 29, 2006, 08:33 AM
I sell all my 8* weapons at a base of 120k with 10% element. Add 1.5k for every 1% of element above 10& and you know my prices. Up to 50%, which gets a 20k bump for rarity, making them 200k in my store. Problem is, I only synth one or two A ranks a day, so you have to be lucky to catch a time when I sell something.

34% Ice Spear going up today and a ???% Light Knuckle if it is successfully synthed.

But yes, those who sell Ebons and Vestalines at NPC price or higher can tickle my brown eye, that or get back to sucking their mother's teet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Magician on 2006-12-29 05:36 ]</font>

celticsblaze
Dec 29, 2006, 03:18 PM
Anyone on here know where i can get kubara wood in ofline mode?

Johan
Jan 2, 2007, 06:29 AM
Yeah, the people pricing synth materials way above market is annoying.

By the way: Mystil, thanks for letting me know the 8* weapon prices were a little high! I had no idea, to be honest. (I'm Yuki, yes. ^_^) I've since moved the shop to one of my alts, and after reading this thread just slashed the prices on all the "normal" percentage weapons by a good 30-50k.

Wheatpenny
Jan 2, 2007, 06:37 PM
On 2006-12-26 12:45, Mortyl wrote:
I'll begin by saying, gaaaaah...just Gaaaaaah. How are these people pricing their synth mats? _ALMOST ALL_ player shops are selling mats above store price.
<.<

Hint: If someone is looking for synth mats from your
shop, don't bait them, they are not interested
in buying your other overpriced crap. >_<

Suggested Prices for Player Shops:
---------
Vestaline - 3.5k - 5k each (Store 6000)
Kerseline - 2.5k - 3k each (Store 4000)
All Ebons - 2.5k - 3k each (Store 4000)
7* Metals - 1.5k - 2k each (Store 2500)
Ray-Photons - 500 - 1.5k each (n/a)
All others - 50 - 200 each (n/a)

Why are people complaining about the prices of Sori-Senbas.
-_~

It costs around about 410,000 meseta to roll the dice on 41% odds to make a Sori-Senba, IMHO 2 million for one with ice over 15% is not an unfair asking price.

If you think its so overpriced, you should create an armor PM and attempt the synth yourself, then repeat it several times and sell it for the price you think is fair.

If you think that 8* Elemental melee weapons are overpriced at 200,000..
O_o

An 8* melee weapon costs between 100,000 - 165,000 meseta (Unfortunately we have to buy photons from players) to roll the dice for a success rate of between 40% to 55%

You lose your money around or slightly more than half the time crafting elemental weapons.

Yes I realize you could lower the costs very very slightly (and I do mean very) by buying synth materials at player stores, but that brings me to point number #2.

The same crack-smokers complaining about the high prices of Synthed weapons and armor, are the ones selling Ray-Photons for 4k - 8k each

(*btw this makes an ice weapon synth cost an additional 40k to 80k, they use 10 Ray-Photons per synth attempt)

I've only ever bought a Vestaline or Kerseline below store price on two occasions, one piece on each occasion. For gods sake, the store sells them for 6k and 4k respectively. You think you can fool us into paying more?

Ebon is slightly less problematic, but scouring every single shop on the list yields if I'm luck enough ebon to craft One weapon a day (6 pieces) so the rest comes from the shop. At 4k a pop Ebon of all flavors.

I'm not sure if people are oblivious to shop prices, or they just want to try their luck with half-asleep crafters.

***I've spent a lot of time trying to keep synth costs down so I can sell cheaper weapons. I believe its a win-win situation for everyone. I'll be compiling a list of player shops that are not even worth stepping into and posting that list at some point in the near future.

A $%#@LIST if you will, of:
shops that sell everything at exorbitant prices,
shops that _only_ sell at above NPC prices,
shops that are used only for storage,
shops that "bait" and sell only overpriced junk,

It will be completely unbiased as well lengthy list of player shops which aren't even worth your time loading up. Some PSOW members are also guilty of running such shops, their names will not be omitted.

Should be fun..we can maybe maintain a running list and maybe fix the economy with a "name and shame" strategy.
>.>

nice to see someone else is fed up with this BS. Actualy me and a friend were thiking of starting a project called "Price Check" where we go to shops and look at the price of popular items and display the names of the A-holes over pricing and their prices.I was thinking of doing it with fraps like actualy going in some of the stores and at the end of the movie each week having a "Shop of shame" where we frap me and my friend going into the person's shop while they are in their room and badmouthing their ignorant ass right in front of them. What do you think guys?

Rasputin
Jan 3, 2007, 12:15 AM
I always sell my stuff half price. ALWAYS

EJ
Jan 3, 2007, 03:52 AM
the price for ray-photons are laughable anyone with a brain know you can just do C rank neudaiz missions and find atleast 5 of them in a run and keep going on to the next to find more.

1k is understandable but I seen it as 8k and I just laugh since I find ray-photons easy as hell to get.

Umberger
Jan 3, 2007, 04:16 AM
I tried getting Ortaresin today.

On X360, one player shop had it, and they were selling it for 9k.

GAH