PDA

View Full Version : Can't get online...

Rekitheforce
Dec 26, 2006, 09:59 PM
I have a newer model of PS2 with the built-in broadband adapter, and I already set up my Network Configuration File. When I test the connection it says that the test was succesful. However, when I try to connect to the network, it says, "Network Connection failed. Please make sure that the network cable is connected correctly". I have the network cable hooked up properly (back of PS2 to the back of computer), so I don't know what else I'm overlooking.

VioletSkye
Dec 26, 2006, 10:17 PM
Did you setup ICS (internet connection sharing) on your pc? You may want to just use a router. You'll get a much more stable connection.

Rekitheforce
Dec 26, 2006, 10:20 PM
Well, that's the problem. I have a router, but I'm not sure what the problem is.

VioletSkye
Dec 26, 2006, 10:52 PM
If you have a router, you would use that instead of connecting your PS2 to your pc. Basically your ethernet cable would go from one of the LAN ports on the back of your router to the ethernet port on the back of your slim PS2.

Rekitheforce
Dec 26, 2006, 10:58 PM
Gotcha. I'll try it.

Rekitheforce
Dec 27, 2006, 03:22 AM
Okay, now I'm getting a message saying that there was an error with the DNS server response. I'm not sure if it has to do with my firewall or not...