PDA

View Full Version : Class issue

Aidan
Dec 27, 2006, 07:52 AM
well i think i myht be getting psu today but i dont no anything about the classes. so anyone know about rangers i dont mind that the dont deal alot of dmg but are they fun and useful. i myht decide to become a hunter/ranger watever thats called so when my pp runs out of my gun i can switch to sabers etc and go close. any ideas?

Diablohead
Dec 27, 2006, 08:04 AM
To be an effective saber using ranger I would say going as a cast ranger would work best due to their second best atp and realy good ata however I am a newman ranger and have had no problems so far with anyone, newmans are fairly weak but we have a huge evp rate and accuracy is second best out of the 4 races.

It's a matter of taste, do you prefer power or def etc?

Polenicus
Dec 27, 2006, 08:13 AM
I'm sure there are other people who can give you the full rundown, as well as detailed guides on the different classes, but perhaps I can give you a quick idea of what's available.

First off, there are three basic classes. These are the only classes you can choose at first, and you must level 1, 2 or all 3 of these classes as a pre-requisite to unlock one of the advanced jobs. These classes can't use A or S-rank weapons, or anything over level 20 as far as skills or technics. Remember, Job levels are seperate from character levels.

Hunter: Your standard sword-swinger. Has access to most of the melee weapons, with exception to Axes and Doublesabers

Ranger: Pew pew! Has access to most of the gun types, except Laser Cannons and Grenade Launchers

Force: Afronewman43 casts magic missile. Access to most technics up to level 20, and Rods, Staves and Bows.

Before you pick one of those, you want to decide what advanced job (Or jobs) you'll be playing. Each advanced job has a pre-requisite, such as Foretetecher, which requires you to get Force to level 10, or Figunner, which requires you to level Hunter to 5, and Ranger to 3.

Keep in mind, most of the advanced jobs tend to favour the higher level of the two requisites. Figunner, since it's Hunter level 5, can use most Hunter weapons (Including Doublesabers), has a good selection of melee S-ranks, and has level 30 Photon Arts, but only level 20 Bullets, and can only use a limited selection of A-rank guns.

Check out the Guides forum and check under stickies for the requirements and abilities of each class.

Aidan
Dec 27, 2006, 08:36 AM
nice cheers for these post i think i will be a ranger but which class can use grenade launchers and lasercanons?

jizaboz
Dec 27, 2006, 08:51 AM
Er... I thought cast Rangers could use both laser cannons and grenade launchers...

Kirip-san
Dec 27, 2006, 09:02 AM
On 2006-12-27 05:36, Aidan wrote:
nice cheers for these post i think i will be a ranger but which class can use grenade launchers and lasercanons?

I believe Protranser (not recommended if you don't want a challenge) and Fortegunner can use them~nyo.

Aidan
Dec 27, 2006, 09:18 AM
can somebody explain about these classes portranser and figunner or frotegunner

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 27, 2006, 09:30 AM
protranser - someone who specialized in traps, but they can use swords and guns
fortegunner - a pure ranger, they can use the best of the big, slow, powerful guns
fighgunner - a hunter who can use guns, they're good at using fast swords and guns, but primarily swords.

-Dainslef-
Dec 27, 2006, 01:35 PM
So... at the moment... you have no class?

*ducks*

Itchee
Dec 27, 2006, 01:39 PM
On 2006-12-27 10:35, -Dainslef- wrote:
So... at the moment... you have no class?

*ducks*

*Rimshot* Ba-dum Bum...

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Aidan
Dec 28, 2006, 06:43 AM
im still deciding http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sitka
Dec 28, 2006, 12:57 PM
Currently I have a Fortegunner, Guntecher in progress, Fortehunter in progress and Fortetecher in progress.

I initially switched my Fortegunner to a Guntecher for a few levels because I was frustrated with not being able to heal Laia and my 450 pm. This was costing me s-ranks and mission points as they were getting killed right near the ends of runs. With a Guntecher, I was able to spot-heal them and finish off runs.

However, the inability to use my Grenade Launcher and the reduced damage I was getting from my Rifles and Dual Handguns finally got the best of me and I switched back to Fortegunner again.

He's a cast male and at level 60 can handle solo runs through s-rank on Linear Line, Parum and Neudaiz. He blows through A-rank runs in those areas, so damage is not that much of a problem. He still has trouble with B-rank solo runs in places like Temple of Fanatics because of the sheer number of enemies spewing fire attacks and on Mooatob because of the higher defense of the enemies (takes forever to kill them and you have to continually recharge your weapons so you don't make much meseta).

I rarely if ever resort to using a melee weapon on my Ranger so I don't see that as an issue unless you really prefer melee style combat. If that's the case, then why not just go for a hunter?

I'd recommend creating a cast male ranger (best option for a fortegunner) and rolling through five ranger levels. Then, if you find you are liking him, stick with him for five more and step up to Fortegunner. If you find you are getting bored or frustrated after five ranger levels, switch to either hunter (3 levels for Figunner) or force (3 levels for Guntecher).

If you think you might like the healing abilities of the force and the ability to use the Bows (pretty nice actually), creating a Newman Male Ranger for the Guntecher option might be pretty fun as well.