PDA

View Full Version : Another partner machine question

Jocher
Dec 27, 2006, 11:15 PM
Fellas, the FAQs just don';t explain well enough, so I have to ask here.

What the hell is a PM for? Jesus, just to make weapons and store stuff? I just don't see the point...I just wasted like 3 hours feeding my PM traps to get it's RANGE up. He's only level 12. I have to sit there for another 100+ hours feeding the little jackass traps until he gets to level 82, and becomes an ally in battle?

Ugh, at what level will this thing start making me some good ranged weapons? I'm about to tackle mission 7, and I'm getting my ass handed to me. I need a weapon that does more than 45 damage.

Can anyone give a hopeful RANGER some advice?

Namira
Dec 27, 2006, 11:20 PM
Mission 7? You're not playing story mode, are you? Because you don't need to bother leveling your PM for story mode. You can use shop-bought weapons and do well.

They're really only useful online. It's worth it to feed them then because unlike in offline mode, you can't just reload your save to make all your synths work.

Sethimothy
Dec 28, 2006, 11:34 AM
If you are playing the offline version, you'll only need to feed it until he gets to level 30, I believe.

Hijacking the thread but within the same vein - today, I acquired 201. I want my next step to be 302. What perimeters should I be following, here? The chart I have makes understanding hybrid classes kind of a pain in the ass. >_< It appears I need to be worried both about strike and technique, but it what regard?

Witchblade56
Dec 28, 2006, 11:41 AM
420 is the claw PM? You just have to make sure that you strike doesnt get higher than 29 before the fourth evo [if im correct on that someone input on this too please]. Same with tech [again refer to my prior sentence].

29 strike 29 tech and you can then fiddle with it after she hits 80 [final evo] for higher stat in striking or tech or whichever you want until it totals 100.

rena-ko
Dec 28, 2006, 11:45 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=125311&forum=22&15

this should help you a bit