PDA

View Full Version : Which controller setting do YOU use for on the PC (if you ha

Silenced
Dec 28, 2006, 12:42 AM
Hey... I just got PSU for the PC, but I can't decide which set of controls to use. Right now I'm playing with the third setting (Default pattern 2), but it doesn't feel right (as compared to what I'm used to for PSO).

Can you tell me which one replicates the way the Xbox360 controller functions with PSU on the Xbox360? or at least which one you prefer? I don't wanna be hindered by the controls (and that's what it feels like right now).

On a related note, rotating the camera with the right stick with the xbox controller seems to function very poorly, since it changes your movement direction. Is this how it's supposed to work?

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 28, 2006, 02:00 AM
i have a custom setup, I think the in game controls are default but the drivers let you assign the buttons to anything, so for instance the shoulder buttons are sliders for me instead of analog or what ever they were stock.

PSU lets you inverte the axis for certian things but not the top buttons so I use it as a camera pan for left/right and it was reversed, so I just set the buttons for slider Z/Y and fixed the problem.

I seem to remember using the controller like this on dreamcast thats why I am used to it.

Bipedal
Dec 28, 2006, 03:38 AM
I set up the updated XBCD for the 360 controller, mapped the D pad to 4 new buttons instead of the POV hat, mapped the triggers to buttons instead of + and - on the Z axis, then configged it all in the PSU box to be exactly the same as the controls for the 360. Then, since the back button was left over and not used, I installed KeyToJoy and set that button to the ESC key. That way i can just push it to get out of a menu instead of having to tap b 400 times after sending a simple message. Everyone seems to have problems setting that all up, but it's not THAT bad. It's totally worth it in the end.

Silenced
Dec 28, 2006, 06:48 PM
Can you specifically list the names of things you changed and what you changed it to? It'd mean a lot, and I bet it won't take long. You get a cookie in return, I pwomise.

pineapple
Dec 29, 2006, 11:53 AM
I'm on the 360, so I can at least tell you how the controls work on it. Although personally I would switch the functions of RB&LB to RT&LT and vice versa.

right analog: movement
left analog: camera (although it doesn't change the direction you are moving in o.O)
L3: toggle name/info display above characters
R3: first-person toggle
direction pad: I think right brings up chat shortcuts (pointless if you have a keyboard)
LB: Strafe and lock
LT: access pop up alerts (mail, mission info, mission score, etc)
RB: left hand weapon
RT: chat log
Start: menu
Back: digital keyboard
X: photon art
Y: photon art
A: pick up, chat, etc
B: palette

Palette: you can use the directional pad to select everything, but there's an easier way
RT: weapon down
RB: weapon up
LT: item down
LB: item up

hopefully that helps.

ShinMaruku
Dec 29, 2006, 12:36 PM
Sixaxis bitches

Bipedal
Dec 31, 2006, 05:16 AM
lol sixaxis. lol ps3. lol sony.