PDA

View Full Version : What makes you most angry is when...

DjDragoon
Dec 28, 2006, 02:33 AM
Title is self explanatory. Only recently have I heard party members complaining about how hunter types are just blowing creatures across the room. I can understand that this presents some targeting issues to other classes, but hunters really can't help it that much. I guess the reason why this is such a big deal now is because everyone is getting skills up to 21+, which leads to enemies flying around like NiGHTS on crack. What are your thoughts about this strategical issue?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Dec 28, 2006, 02:39 AM
While it does annoy me when people separate groups of enemies by spamming PAs (those weapons do have non-PA attacks, yeah?), what really makes me angry is when some fucktard picks up a Moon Atomizer X in a game where rares are set in order.

DjDragoon
Dec 28, 2006, 02:43 AM
or even worse... the board -_-

DoubleJG
Dec 28, 2006, 02:45 AM
I'm a wartecher and nothing upsets me more when I have a perfectly aimed Diga or Foie locked on and them :casts tech: and BAM enemy goes flying from a PA and my tech misses. Not that big of a deal but it makes me go "ugh" in real life.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Dec 28, 2006, 02:46 AM
Yes. I usually forgive Moon X the first time, since the box isn't bule, but after that (or if it was a board), I boot. :<

On 2006-12-27 23:45, DoubleJG3288 wrote:
I'm a wartecher and nothing upsets me more when I have a perfectly aimed Diga or Foie locked on and them :casts tech: and BAM enemy goes flying from a PA and my tech misses. Not that big of a deal but it makes me go "ugh" in real life.

Wartechers use techs other than Resta and Reverser? Lols, must be a Numan. My Beast Wartecher's Deega does an amazing 100 or so damage.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ffuzzy-Logik on 2006-12-27 23:48 ]</font>

Careful
Dec 28, 2006, 02:47 AM
[x] When stuff dies before i can tag it.

DjDragoon
Dec 28, 2006, 02:50 AM
On 2006-12-27 23:47, Careful wrote:
[x] When stuff dies before i can tag it.

I'm guessing you're talking about when you go into the cave with 2 rooms on Mizuraki while everyone waits outside for you to get the drops/enemy spawn.

Hustler_One
Dec 28, 2006, 02:56 AM
On 2006-12-27 23:46, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
Yes. I usually forgive Moon X the first time, since the box isn't bule, but after that (or if it was a board), I boot. :<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ffuzzy-Logik on 2006-12-27 23:48 ]</font>

That's really lame dude. Really. Fricken. Lame.

[x] People whining about things getting scattered.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 28, 2006, 03:06 AM
This is why I do RARE:RANDOM and NORMAL:ORDER. This way everyone gets items and meseta, and random people get rares. Line is easily screwed bc of the Moon Atomizer X stuff, so random works just fine in my eyes.

Pentence
Dec 28, 2006, 03:13 AM
On 2006-12-27 23:46, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote

Wartechers use techs other than Resta and Reverser? Lols, must be a Numan. My Beast Wartecher's Deega does an amazing 100 or so damage.

[ This Message was edited by: Ffuzzy-Logik on 2006-12-27 23:48 ]

Uhm wow what crap equips you got on that beast mate?I am pulling 360 damg outa my arse with my lvl 16 diga.Also if i had a better cane it would be over 400 even 500 easily.

As for the things flying scenario well i have a solution(yeah dont try this at home newmans not without a decent line shield)gi techs.As a beast i know i can take punishment so i get up close and personal my 13 gibarta is evil.Hits everything around ya so beat em to it and own.Now if this isnt your cup of tea id go with ra and just hit things before they go flying not easy all the time i admit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pentence on 2006-12-28 00:15 ]</font>

Miriya
Dec 28, 2006, 03:34 AM
You know... those PAs have the knock back effect for a reason...

Do you expect the hunter or whoever to just stand there meleeing while getting beat on just so the mages can get their hits in? I play a Fortefighter and a Wartecher. As a Fortefighter, I don't like to have those 4-5+ monsters attacking me doing 100+ dmg per hit so I will knock them around so I can fight them one on 1. As a Wartecher, I don't care if the melee knock the monsters around, I have guns for a reason and I have 3/4 of my bullet PAs already capped.

Stop being lazy and selfish thinking the worls revolves around you.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Dec 28, 2006, 04:21 AM
On 2006-12-28 00:13, Pentence wrote:

Uhm wow what crap equips you got on that beast mate?I am pulling 360 damg outa my arse with my lvl 16 diga.Also if i had a better cane it would be over 400 even 500 easily.
I only used Deega once after going to Wartecher, I forget what the exact damage is, but why do 360 when I can do at least that with a dagger combo in the same time? Besides, cheaper to save all my wand PP for resta and reverser.

And to the guy who said it's lame to boot people for picking up Moon X boards, not really. I expect people to be somewhat intelligent, and picking up [B] Scape Doll with rares in order is just pure, unadulterated idiocy.

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 28, 2006, 04:23 AM
no problems here http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif guess since the PA's i use don't knock back till after the 2nd Attack. IE talking twin dagger and double saber and Spear.

BloodDragoon
Dec 28, 2006, 08:23 AM
Here's an idea for people. Shoot the monsters after they land.

DjDragoon
Dec 28, 2006, 11:20 AM
On 2006-12-28 05:23, BloodDragoon wrote:
Here's an idea for people. Shoot the monsters after they land.

I thought rangers were known for shooting flying enemies.

Schubalts
Dec 28, 2006, 03:30 PM
Ba-zing! But on-topic: I'd rather increase my chances of survival exponentially, than get gang-banged by vahras/vandas/the mutant-ninja-shrimp-on-acid/whatever just so somebody can tag them all. Unless I'm way over the monster level for the mission, then they can tag everything they want.

Undeadpriest
Dec 28, 2006, 03:40 PM
Me i'm angry when i people complain about me hurling the monsters

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 28, 2006, 04:26 PM
On 2006-12-28 00:34, Miriya wrote:
Do you expect the hunter or whoever to just stand there meleeing while getting beat on just so the mages can get their hits in?

That's actually an established strategy; the meleer goes in to draw the aggro, the casters keep him/her healed, and the rangers supply supporting fire.

Hustler_One
Dec 28, 2006, 05:37 PM
On 2006-12-28 13:26, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

On 2006-12-28 00:34, Miriya wrote:
Do you expect the hunter or whoever to just stand there meleeing while getting beat on just so the mages can get their hits in?

That's actually an established strategy; the meleer goes in to draw the aggro, the casters keep him/her healed, and the rangers supply supporting fire.

Everytime I try this "established strategy" I wind up dead unless im over leveled for the area, also, whats the point in doing this if
the casters keep him/her healed then that means the casters wont be doing the AoE's or single shots they so want to do, therefor removing any point of cranking when hunters send stuff flying. Just pointing that out. =)

Also, to the whiny ass that bitches about getting a moon X, deal with it. Your going to piss and moan just because you didnt get the rare you wanted? Psshh.... That's worse than kicking because someone died.

Shigecki
Dec 28, 2006, 06:05 PM
On 2006-12-28 14:37, Hustler_One wrote:
Also, to the whiny ass that bitches about getting a moon X, deal with it. Your going to piss and moan just because you didnt get the rare you wanted? Psshh.... That's worse than kicking because someone died.

This not only affects you, it affects the whole party. It moves a nonrare into a rare slot and sets it in order, thus messing up the entire order. It's a dick move. It's a rare that you use for someone else when they mess up your sranking. It's not even for yourself, it's for others. You don't benefit from it at all. It shouldn't be a rare, because it isn't. Luckily for me I play with those that aren't dicks. But I wouldn't kick anyone out because of it, unless they continued to do it after being asked not to. Then they're just being an asshole. The moon X is the worst because it is a blue box, just like the moon atomizer, instead of red.

As far as angry, those and any board that isn't a weapon, like; gournet cakes, scape dolls and yes moon X, along with scape dolls in general make me the most angry. I've given out many more scapes then I have used. I don't need anymore of these.

The things that you mentioned in your list are things associated with playing the game. If any of those things make you angry, just run solo and don't deal with them. Simple, simple.

Mystil
Dec 28, 2006, 08:01 PM
Well this all has made me paranoid with my PA's a little. One time I PA'ed a monster which "cleared" any chance that someones diga was gonna hit it. And I said sorry -.-. They didn't even know why I said that.

Some forces don't care and actually like it I guess.

DjDragoon
Dec 28, 2006, 09:07 PM
Diga example: "Almost... ALMOST...! WTF!?"

I'm guessing that the majority of the people reading this thread are hunters (from poll results). I can see why forces are kinda ticked off (with the new AOE surround Gi spells). Rangers don't have to do much work to get another shot at a target.

Banish
Jan 6, 2007, 01:31 PM
For me, it when hunters complain when I clear rooms without their help...

It's really annoying...

Wheatpenny
Jan 6, 2007, 06:30 PM
Here is an example of what I do when people complain about me sending monsters flying.

Complainer: God would you stop sending them flying all over the place?

Me: Oh, sorry. didn't know you liked them up and hitting you so much.

*I then put away my axe and start using something crappy like my pistol, then the mobs walk up the the complainer and wail on them.*

Complainer: OMG You let me die!!

Me: No I did what you said and switched to a weapon that I knew for sure would not scatter/flail them around. Not my fault they were up and mobile and had the chance to hit you. Would you prefer I use my Axe now?

Complainer: Yes.....

See the complainer learned a valuable lesson!!

Kent
Jan 7, 2007, 02:46 AM
As far as people complaining about monsters getting hit with knockback/complaining about people complaining about using knockback...

Crying helps.

It really does.

Especially when done in a corner.

Now, it's a completely legitimate complaint, if people just try and get annoying with it... But we've heard it too many times, already. If you think you're so much better at playing the game, than these people who throw enemies around/don't manipulate them at all, then prove it. What separates the good players from the bad ones, is their ability to adjust to the situation.

Good players stay one step ahead of their enemies, and two ahead of their allies.

Wheatpenny
Jan 7, 2007, 10:59 AM
On 2007-01-06 23:46, Kent wrote:
As far as people complaining about monsters getting hit with knockback/complaining about people complaining about using knockback...

Crying helps.

It really does.

Especially when done in a corner.

Now, it's a completely legitimate complaint, if people just try and get annoying with it... But we've heard it too many times, already. If you think you're so much better at playing the game, than these people who throw enemies around/don't manipulate them at all, then prove it. What separates the good players from the bad ones, is their ability to adjust to the situation.

Good players stay one step ahead of their enemies, and two ahead of their allies.

Thank you sir, you win cool points from me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif