PDA

View Full Version : Is this some kind of bug?

Buddant
Dec 28, 2006, 04:04 AM
Sometimes during a mission, I'll be attacking an enemy in front of me, but I notice some of my teammates hitting and using techs from somewhere else in the area, and I can see their numbers going up off this mob. For example, this hunter was whacking away up against a wall, yet he was still hitting the enemy I was hitting across the room. It's like they are fighting the same enemy...just not where I am fighting him. It's kind of hard to explain but I was wondering if anyone else encountered this problem?

Makojin
Dec 28, 2006, 04:07 AM
Yes, they're fighting the same enemy, enemy movements are calculated client-side for some reason, so every now and then you'll see some differences in enemy placements, it can be greater when you lag.

rena-ko
Dec 28, 2006, 06:14 AM
yep. char movements get calculatd clientside (monsters as well as PM / NPC) but all the damage gets calculated serverside. thus you see some differences between things (and thus your PM is doomed during a lag spike).

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 28, 2006, 06:35 AM
somtimes its an advantage other times its not, you get used to it :/

Senpai
Dec 28, 2006, 06:37 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif^^^^^^^^
you sed it, but its annoying some of the time

tutmondigo
Dec 28, 2006, 11:32 AM
I've found that if I turn my back on an enemy that I'm fighting all by my lonesome, it will shift positions to my teammate who is attacking it.

Golto
Dec 28, 2006, 12:27 PM
You'll really notice this glitch when only 2 players are in a party. It can be deadly in Lab S where bees start appearing in different locations all the time. I never do Lab S anymore with just 2 players. It is much easier solo.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 28, 2006, 12:30 PM
On 2006-12-28 09:27, Golto wrote:
You'll really notice this glitch when only 2 players are in a party. It can be deadly in Lab S where bees start appearing in different locations all the time. I never do Lab S anymore with just 2 players. It is much easier solo.

All the smart people take the 60 seconds necessary to keep restarting Lab S to get the map with no bees. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

PMB960
Dec 28, 2006, 12:36 PM
It can be annoying as a force though when you see an enemy fly across the map you shoot at it then suddenly it decides the enemy belongs back where it went flying from so your shot goes out into the middle of nowhere.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PMB960 on 2006-12-28 09:38 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PMB960 on 2006-12-28 09:39 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Dec 28, 2006, 12:50 PM
Ah yes... especially when a buffed Vahra decides to play "Tag". He'll be on the other side of the room surrounded by hunters, then he teleports to me, one-shots me with a crit then goes back to molesting the hunters who aren't keeping him on the floor or in the air. >_<

I swear, client side enemy lag picks and chooses when to do so. D:<

KRKcl17
Dec 28, 2006, 01:10 PM
o.O I've had that happen, but with a gang of Vahras... >.>

PMB960
Dec 28, 2006, 05:37 PM
No even better is when you are behind an enemy and you still get hit. Or when the Vahra on the other side of the map swings at a hunter and you get the damage. I have a feeling some of this is their server scewing up though and mixing up which character is supposed to take the damage.