PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: I love Japanese players

ProfessorZ
Dec 28, 2006, 08:03 AM
Did a couple S rank Moatoab runs with them and I must say it felt like PSO when you have a party that is that choreographed!! I hope all the JP players level up faster

Retehi
Dec 28, 2006, 09:11 AM
Haha nice. Sent to Rants.

Alisha
Dec 30, 2006, 04:54 AM
how did this end up in rants? lol

icewyrm
Dec 30, 2006, 01:11 PM
Hey, I just had a pretty awesome mental image of a room full of japanese chicks dancing to party music in perfect sync.
Pity it was just that stupid side to side dance I kept seeing them do in clubs >.>

Banish
Dec 30, 2006, 05:29 PM
The Japanese are known for their politeness, humbleness, technology, and respect.

Hopefully you guys knew that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Banish on 2006-12-30 14:29 ]</font>

icewyrm
Dec 30, 2006, 08:42 PM
Also their alienation of outsiders and disdain for certain foreign food imports >.<

-Shimarisu-
Dec 30, 2006, 11:21 PM
Actually most Japanese players on PSU suck as hard as western players.

The only reason they were so good on PSO is they eshewed hacks for the most part, meaning they had to learn their skills. That's really not going to be apparent on 360. I played with a group the other day and they seemed drunk, were singing into the mic and stuff. It was fun but they died more times than I care to remember.

Fleur-de-Lis
Dec 30, 2006, 11:45 PM
After actually playing with some of the native JP players (as opposed to other importers) I realized that they are so nice it hurts me. Enough so that I'm scared to do it again.

Solstis
Dec 31, 2006, 12:31 AM
On 2006-12-30 17:42, icewyrm wrote:
Also their alienation of outsiders and disdain for certain foreign food imports >.<

Also WWII-era warcrimes, some of which involved pregnant women, and mad scientist surgery.

Tengoku
Jan 1, 2007, 05:53 PM
On 2006-12-30 20:21, -Shimarisu- wrote:
I played with a group the other day and they seemed drunk, were singing into the mic and stuff. It was fun but they died more times than I care to remember.

NOW I want to play on the X-Box! Drunken singing Japanese? Hook me the hell up!

Sayara
Jan 1, 2007, 06:03 PM
On 2006-12-30 21:31, Solstis wrote:

On 2006-12-30 17:42, icewyrm wrote:

Also WWII-era warcrimes, some of which involved pregnant women, and mad scientist surgery.

WWII-era warcrimes? America knows not what you speak of!

Tengoku
Jan 1, 2007, 06:06 PM
On 2007-01-01 15:03, Tingle wrote:WWII-era warcrimes? America knows not what you speak of!

Sure we do. We just don't bring it up much because not much was made of them. The Nazi crimes were far worse in comparison to what the Japanese did. Everything the Japanese did was exponentially smaller in scope and scale compared to the Nazis.

Then again, if you're being sarcastic, ignore my post.

roygbiv
Jan 1, 2007, 07:35 PM
On 2007-01-01 15:06, Tengoku wrote:

On 2007-01-01 15:03, Tingle wrote:WWII-era warcrimes? America knows not what you speak of!

Sure we do. We just don't bring it up much because not much was made of them. The Nazi crimes were far worse in comparison to what the Japanese did. Everything the Japanese did was exponentially smaller in scope and scale compared to the Nazis.

Then again, if you're being sarcastic, ignore my post.

eeeh... touchy subject... what the japanese did was not "exponentially smaller" than what the Nazis did.
But let's not debate it too much ok? It's a horribly complicated historical situation, further complicated by destruction of lots of evidence. However I found this quote ala wikipedia on the subject:

The historian Chalmers Johnson has written that:

It may be pointless to try to establish which World War Two Axis aggressor, Germany or Japan, was the more brutal to the peoples it victimised. The Germans killed six million Jews and 20 million Russians [i.e. Soviet citizens]; the Japanese slaughtered as many as 30 million Filipinos, Malays, Vietnamese, Cambodians, Indonesians and Burmese, at least 23 million of them ethnic Chinese. Both nations looted the countries they conquered on a monumental scale, though Japan plundered more, over a longer period, than the Nazis. Both conquerors enslaved millions and exploited them as forced labourers — and, in the case of the Japanese, as [forced] prostitutes for front-line troops. If you were a Nazi prisoner of war from Britain, America, Australia, New Zealand or Canada (but not Russia) you faced a 4 % chance of not surviving the war; [by comparison] the death rate for Allied POWs held by the Japanese was nearly 30 %.[4]

(the numbers are somewhat debatable... but as far as orders of magnitude... it's foolish to say that what the Japanese did was insignificant in comparison.

BUT LET'S NOT SIDETRACK THIS TOPIC TOO MUCH OK? ;o;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: roygbiv on 2007-01-01 16:38 ]</font>

Tengoku
Jan 1, 2007, 08:52 PM
My thoughts on who was worse still stands.

But I STILL like Japanese drunk people. 'cause they rock the block.

Garroway
Jan 2, 2007, 06:25 PM
On 2006-12-30 14:29, Banish wrote:
The Japanese are known for their politeness, humbleness, technology, and respect.

Hopefully you guys knew that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Banish on 2006-12-30 14:29 ]</font>

I actualy can't tell if this is sarcasm or not...

Banish
Jan 3, 2007, 06:44 PM
Its Not

Sinue_v2
Jan 3, 2007, 09:13 PM
Everything the Japanese did was exponentially smaller in scope and scale compared to the Nazis.

I was watching a PBS special, Secrets of the Dead - or something, about the building of the Burma railway and the bridge built over the Kwai Yai river. From what I saw, including first hand reports from survivors - the Japanese were everybit as brutal to the local populace and the prisoners of war (expecially other asian combatants) as the Nazi's were. Perhaps even moreso - though the Nazi's are remembered for it more because of their extravegant means of killing people, whereas the Japanese just worked and beat them to death.

However, America has no room to judge modern day Japanese or German citizens because of the crimes their forefathers committed when our own forefathers engaged in an equally savage and decimating genocide against the Native American population under the pretext of manifest destiny and broken treaties. Not to mention how we treated our own brothers as POWs durring the Civil War at brutal shitholes like Fort Sumter in the south, and Elmira in the North. Over 1/4th of the inmates in those camps were shot, beaten, diseased, or worked to death. According to first hand reports, prisoners in Elmira were insufficently barracked - with over 1/3 of the population forced to sleep outside in the dead of winter with nothing more than their underwear and blanket if they were lucky. Their meals consisted of moldy bread and "soup" which had all the vegetables and meat strained out making it nothing more than salt water. And that's not even the worst of them.

Yes, the Japanese have been known for their brutality. As have the Germans, as have the Americans. It's not any one race or culture who is extravagantly brutal - it's humanity in general who has the capacity to inflicted unimaginable suffering and death upon ourselves.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-01-03 18:18 ]</font>

Solstis
Jan 3, 2007, 09:35 PM
Uh, Sinue, nice addition, but no one was saying that America had no participation in similar acts of cruelty. I just trying to point out that no culture is "advanced" enough to be innocent of any killings, past or otherwise. So, saying that the Japanese are reknowned for being open is cute, but not entirely correct. People seem to paint New Yorkers as rude and arrogant, but New Yorkers aren't rude at all.

Sinue_v2
Jan 3, 2007, 09:51 PM
So, saying that the Japanese are reknowned for being open is cute, but not entirely correct.

Sweeping generalisations of a culture aside, it's pretty much accepted that the Japanese ARE quite a polite, respectful, and courteous people. Just because they are capable of extreme cruelty and mass murder doesn't negate that. There was really no reason that you had to add in the "other side of the coin". Expecially in a topic such as this.

Your initial reply didn't encompass "all cultures", or humanity in general. It was targeted singularly at the Japanese and their past crimes against humanity. Germany was already compaired to them, and I simply widened the demographic by adding in American warcrimes. I could have also mentioned the British and the Russians - or any number of countrys and civilisations... though since I believe most of the posters and visitors to this site are from the US. I simply illuminated my (and perhaps your) country's past war crimes as an example.

My intention was to show that we cannot persecute the Japanese (or the Germans) today for what their people did in the past, since our past is equally as brutal. In fact, I added that in to my last statement - that "It's not any one race or culture who is extravagantly brutal - it's humanity in general who has the capacity to inflicted unimaginable suffering and death upon ourselves."

If you were trying to make that same point - then you missed the mark by a long shot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-01-03 18:55 ]</font>

Solstis
Jan 4, 2007, 08:26 PM
Er, this topic is probably de-railed enough.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2007-01-04 17:52 ]</font>