PDA

View Full Version : Shield for Force

Roy-Mustang
Dec 28, 2006, 08:17 PM
I just have a question, what would be a good Shield for a FOmar? any level any ID, just what would be the final shield for a FOmar so I would start hunting it?

FelixFelicis
Dec 28, 2006, 08:20 PM
I was thinking more of a Tripolic Shield actually. My foney is still using a divinity barrier for shield. But after I get my lum field, I was thinking about trying to get the tripolic shield since forces can use them too.

But otherwise, there aren't very many shields forces can use. Rico's Earring, Ragol Ring, and Tripolic Shield are about the only ones worthy at high level.

For lower levels, I think that Spirit Garment is actually pretty good. Auto regen tp is great for human forces.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FelixFelicis on 2006-12-28 17:24 ]</font>

Roy-Mustang
Dec 28, 2006, 08:26 PM
I'll start hunting it, thx!

Jaspaller
Dec 28, 2006, 08:34 PM
Spirit Garment is an Armor, not a shield. As for a good sheild at lower levels, you can't go wrong with a Secret Gear, or Attribute Wall. Attribute Wall would probably be easier if you have a Skyly ID. it's in EP2 from Hidoom in Hard mode, and it's a 1/82 drop

Secret Gear drop rates
http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=123

Attribute Wall Drop rates
http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=169

Splash
Dec 28, 2006, 08:38 PM
Attribute Wall, definitely for lower levels. Tripolic Shield for higher ones.

Drakorn
Dec 28, 2006, 08:54 PM
Tripolic Shield, it work wonders with my FOmar.

Undeadpriest
Dec 28, 2006, 09:05 PM
Hunt for the attribute wall like its for lower level.Tripolic shield can wait.

Drakorn
Dec 28, 2006, 09:12 PM
Attribute Wall and secret gear - low levels need to be atleast 41 for both
Tripolic Shield - high levels need to be 110+ i think, not really too sure.

Good luck on finding them.

DoubleJG
Dec 29, 2006, 01:26 AM
Depends what you have in mind. Do you prefer nuking? If so, many tech crazy Forces prefer the Colored shields which you use Amplifiers on to boost your tech powers.

If you're looking more along the lines of defense, then stick with Attribute Wall for lower levels and Elemental defense, and Tripolic shield for higher levels and physical defense.

xxTrystanxx
Dec 29, 2006, 09:48 AM
FOnewm + Lvl 30. Rafoie + Fire Scepter:AGNI + RED MERGE = BOOOOOOOM! (Dead boomas fall everywhere as a mushroom cloud ascends over the Ragolian forest.)

But seriously, getting Merges appropriate to your spells is awesome. It boosts your techs, therefore saving some TP in the process.

I don't remember if you have online or not, but if you know someone who does, you could always see if they'd help you by obtaining a Recovery Barrier from Gallon's shop to make a Resta Merge. Not only is this helpful in multiplayer situations, it provides some decent EDK, too.

Xeno-Windgust
Dec 31, 2006, 12:21 AM
On 2006-12-29 06:48, xxTrystanxx wrote:
FOnewm + Lvl 30. Rafoie + Fire Scepter:AGNI + RED MERGE = BOOOOOOOM! (Dead boomas fall everywhere as a mushroom cloud ascends over the Ragolian forest.)

Tested and approved. Though I miss ONE level on my Rafoie to be exact. The technique would be even more devastating if it was used while having a Rafoie Merge instead of a Red Merge equipped. It booses more one single technique than a bit on 3 of 'em.

Approved, I say http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I easily do 650 damage per Rafoie with 112 FOnewm, Pinkal. While having 2 God/Mind equipped, of course^^

Tripolic Shield is my next target with my FOmar, then. It's coming closer to high levels now, though the Secret Gear still makes DFP miracles in him.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xeno-Windgust on 2006-12-30 21:23 ]</font>

Splash
Dec 31, 2006, 01:04 AM

As said above, swap Red Merge with Rafoie Merge and this is the best combination that is actually POSSIBLE.

The near impossible best combination would be:

FOnewn + LV30 Rafoie + Psycho Wand + Rafoie Merge

Yep, that is definitely the winner...IF IT WEREN'T FOR THAT PSYCHO WAND!

(Got to calm myself down now...)

Xeno-Windgust
Dec 31, 2006, 01:15 AM
On 2006-12-30 22:04, Splash wrote:

As said above, swap Red Merge with Rafoie Merge and this is the best combination that is actually POSSIBLE.

The near impossible best combination would be:

FOnewn + LV30 Rafoie + Psycho Wand + Rafoie Merge

Yep, that is definitely the winner...IF IT WEREN'T FOR THAT PSYCHO WAND!

(Got to calm myself down now...)
Bah, I don't quite agree on that. Of course I do for damage's sake, but the suicidal tendencies of the Psycho Wand and it's crazy drop rate makes me rethink about this option http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Splash
Dec 31, 2006, 02:07 AM
Yeah, you're right. Though that can deal the most damage possible, 90% bonus.

Fire Scepter:Agni is good on its own. Has a MST boost as well so that isn't bad.

Hitoriga
Dec 31, 2006, 02:25 PM
On 2006-12-30 22:15, Xeno-Windgust wrote:
Bah, I don't quite agree on that. Of course I do for damage's sake, but the suicidal tendencies of the Psycho Wand and it's crazy drop rate makes me rethink about this option http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Then use an untekked Psycho Wand. When this weapon is untekked, it will not take away any of your HP. And you still get the 50% TP reduction and the 30% RA-technique boost. An untekked Psycho Wand is pratically the ultimate Force weapon.

Xeno-Windgust
Dec 31, 2006, 10:39 PM
On 2006-12-31 11:25, Hitoriga wrote:

Then use an untekked Psycho Wand. When this weapon is untekked, it will not take away any of your HP. And you still get the 50% TP reduction and the 30% RA-technique boost. An untekked Psycho Wand is pratically the ultimate Force weapon.

Whooo! Quite interesting! That would be more than perfect on my FOnewm, to be honest, since I love to spam Rafoie/Rabarta/Gizonde. I still have to find it though (= AAARRRRRRRRRRGGGHH!!!!).

On topic: Secret Gear FTW, easier to find and great defense. My FOmar actually uses one, and it's funny to see that the SG has even more defense than a Divinity Barrier for 22 levels of difference.
Of course, I will have to find the Tripolic Shield, but it's drops are far more difficult because 1) higher numbers -_-; 2) Drops are in Ep.2, where the enemies are considerably tougher.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xeno-Windgust on 2006-12-31 19:41 ]</font>

calus88
Jan 17, 2007, 12:22 PM
i agree the psycho wand is for players who just use techs

Banish
Jan 17, 2007, 03:45 PM
On 2006-12-31 19:39, Xeno-Windgust wrote:

On 2006-12-31 11:25, Hitoriga wrote:

Whooo! Quite interesting! That would be more than perfect on my FOnewm, to be honest, since I love to spam Rafoie/Rabarta/Gizonde. I still have to find it though (= AAARRRRRRRRRRGGGHH!!!!).

On topic: Secret Gear FTW, easier to find and great defense. My FOmar actually uses one, and it's funny to see that the SG has even more defense than a Divinity Barrier for 22 levels of difference.
Of course, I will have to find the Tripolic Shield, but it's drops are far more difficult because 1) higher numbers -_-; 2) Drops are in Ep.2, where the enemies are considerably tougher.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xeno-Windgust on 2006-12-31 19:41 ]</font>

That's true

I had Secret Gear until V. Hard, its even better than Proto Regene Gear, which you can find easily in V. Hard Mines

Roy-Mustang
Jan 17, 2007, 04:42 PM
The Proto Regen Gear truly sucks.

DarthJeeba
Jan 17, 2007, 05:19 PM
untekked pyscho wand doesn't have the tech boost and tp decrease, it won't eat ur hp though.

Rafoie merge is good, as Splash said, switching red merge to rafoie merge makes a HUGE difference http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

xxTrystanxx
Jan 18, 2007, 02:45 PM
On 2007-01-17 13:42, Roy-Mustang wrote:
The Proto Regen Gear truly sucks.

QFT.

In all seriousness, this is a totally useless shield, IMHO. Secret Gear is SO much more useful... My HUney used it right up until she got into Ultimate. By then, I had opted for a Shield of Delsaber, but otherwise, Secret Gear is still worthwhile.