Conversation Between Dr.No and CelestialBlade

59 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Well, the enemies are a bit more aggressive on Ult, but the fact that it's a 12 person map doesn't really make it matter very much. That's the power of power creep! It's not horrible, but after all the hype about it, it's fairly disappointing.

As far as GW2 goes...They added two more maps into the game and they're fairly different from the other maps in that there's an overall main event revolving around it. Dry Top for example has a period of Sandstorms, and exclusive events behind whether there's a sandstorm or not. Silverwastes has the Pact facing off with the minions of Mordremoth and you have to defend some forts against them. The meta on that map is facing off against the champions that revealed once the Pact's assault prep is complete, I think they might have added something else to it last update but I haven't tried it yet.

I think GW2's issue currently is they're too laser focused on the Living Story, which granted is a bit better this season, but they seem to do it while ignoring most of the other modes in the game. They are making some changes in PvP and WvW next month tho. I'm still having some fun though, mostly in tweaking builds and stuff!

That's great to hear about the house, you should totally have a house party one day! Might wanna carry some rappy buckets just in case of crazy party goers. :3 Speaking of dumblr, I should get back to posting my tales of PSU madness thing, probably next week tho, because everyone needs to know about Nipples eventually!
  2. I was afraid Ult would turn out that way, they really need to change up enemy patterns and aggression more Ah well, it's pretty much PSU now, which is unfortunate but I can't say I'm very surprised. How's GW2 doin these days? Any really interesting new content?

I'm pretty good, all settled into my new house and looking forward to the holidays I know I haven't been on dumblr much these days, spending a lot of my online social time on the twitters as of late.
  3. So I played PSO2 today hoping that Ult missions would be something decent...and the bosses there are just HP sponges. Funny enough, I could stand up to their blows and stuff. The drops in the mission are okay, I got a few 11*s surprisingly enough.

But yea, from what I played of Ult I'm not impressed. Least it's not timegated. Back to GW2 (I moved to another server haha) and Digital Devil Saga (I'm putting Persona 4 on hold for this!).

So what's up Coco puffs?!
  4. If I remember correctly, Ludger's in your party for all of the game so he's locked in the main slot till after the main story is over, but you can still switch to the character you want to control (I personally am too lazy to switch characters so yeah ). The other characters are still quite powerful, especially the new ones! If you get their relationships up, you can do dual mystic artes!

Ah, I can understand the thing about the GW2 Gem store, thing is Anet is owned by NCSoft, so most of the gem store profits go to them. You could always raise up a ton of in-game money (Which granted, is hard as fuck) and convert those to gems, it's what I do sometimes. The content issue is honestly because they focused so heavily on the temporary content that when it's mostly gone, the game goes back mostly to what it was before. I really hope that Anet starts focusing on putting out more permanent content like more dungeons, maps, and actually giving a shit about World vs World. They're going in the right direction with the story so far, a build up to the next Elder Dragon Mordremoth, his effects on the environments that his vines have caused are a bit...eerie to the say the least. Like you see NPCs who have been caught up in its vines and are just there hanging, lifeless. Plus its minions hurt like hell too!

I need do more single player game playing, I recently finished Remember Me. I like the story and its world, but I felt its combat was a tad bit more clunky than it needed to be, it's like it wanted to be some sort of beat 'em up, but also something else as well. I plan on going back into either Baldur's Gate or Phantasy Star 2, either that or work on a new game (Probably Total War: Rome 2 since I never actually beat it yet or Wasteland 2 since I helped kickstart it)! Perhaps I need to play more console games, I've been focusing mostly on my PC library while I still need to complete some PS2 games as well like Xenosaga Ep3...So many options, yet so little time.
  5. Oh it's fine, I know you posted that before I posted my dumblr rant. Please don't worry about it, in all honesty I really just needed to get it all out. Thank you though, I'm...glad, that my efforts have been noticed and I'm always hoping I'm doing enough. I know it's not something I can do on my own, but it's something I feel I have the ability to help with. I'm just a person that can't stand by idly when they see something that is wrong, and like you, I'm hoping that efforts made now will help generations down the road.

Anyway, yeah, Ludger's battle system looks like fun and I do like how his different weapons work better in different situations than others. It gives the player no real reason to use any other character I guess, but at least it's some variety. I usually play as main characters in Tales games, although I did play a decent part of Graces as Sophie because she's amazing (and a playthrough of Destiny PS2 as Chelsea, because Chelsea). I kinda miss GW2, but I really haven't been too impressed with the content additions for the most part, and I kinda don't like how paying money for stuff in GW2 doesn't necessarily benefit just GW2, that money can go toward all Arenanet games. Oh well, it's been nice spending time catching up on single-player games.
  6. The first part of my message when looking at your tumblr post makes me feel like I was being a bit dismissive of your issues. Apologizes about that, there's not much I can say about it...However I will say this though.

You don't have to feel like you're tackling all the issues for minorities and women. The fact you're acknowledging and trying your best to inform people about issues regarding minorities is more than what most people can say for themselves. Don't try to foster all the burden upon yourself, battles like this are going to go on for a VERY, VERY long time, and it'll be long past our generation that we'll see actual change of any sorts on these matters hopefully.
    Usually minorities just want people to acknowledge their issues (along with having a bit of empathy for them as well), and not just think that everything is sunshine and rainbows along the road.

I can't speak about the other things sadly, but I'm sure your co-workers appreciate your efforts.
  7. Aww, sorry to hear things aren't going well for ya. I wish you the best with your issues, I'm sure you'll table flip the hell out of them. If you need help, you know you always got your friends (& a bucket) at your side.

ToX2 isn't without its flaws, like it has a debt system in it to prevent you from progressing too fast in the story. However, I think Ludger's gameplay (He has 3 weapons you can switch around Devil May Cry style ) plus the story elements to it are way better than ToX1 honestly. I also felt the choices in the game were pretty well done as well. I'll need to check out the other Tales games eventually, soon as I get another job I might do so!

Jet Grind Bucket Radio (Complete with a booming Rappy soundtrack by DJ Rappy) sounds like a grand idea for my Bouncer, but I was planning on focusing him on Dual Blades. Oh hell with it, with the power creep of PSO2, I could afford to divert a bit. Gotta Bounce higher in levels ya know! I guess I'm playing PSO2 again because I'm feeling some small burnout from GW2 (Tis what happens when there's not much content added to the game :/), but the balance changes were pretty impressive to me. Plus events, gotta show my gaijin pride off!
  8. I haven't, but I do plan on picking it up eventually. I'm still working on Trails in the Sky on Steam at the moment and honestly I haven't felt like playing much else. Things have been a bit shit lately, I guess you could say, but yeah, I will definitely be picking up Xillia 2 soon. Glad to hear it's good, I didn't think Xillia 1 was an incredibly good Tales game but I'm hoping 2 wasn't rushed like 1 clearly was. I recently cleared Graces f, which was leaps and bounds better in my opinion.

Jet Boots Bucket sounds preeeeetty awesome, even if it's the same ol boring PSO2.
  9. Coco Puffsssssssssssss, have you played though Tales of Xillia 2 yet? It's quite good!

Also, I'm playing PSO2 again because I like being silly and there's some sort of event I'm curious about that's coming up. My bucket gets to be bouncy (Going Bouncer/Hunter :3) at least, not like it wasn't before but still! I enjoyed the 3rd Mining Base Defense, even tho the one I was in failed at the end. It was quite fun!
  10. You sure I'd enjoy 3 if I played through PS4 first? With how ULTRA GOOD IT IS?!

I might do that actually. And become one of those raving fanbuckets for it when I'm finished.
  11. You could always jump to PS4 from 2, and come back for 3. That way you can actually enjoy 3 when you get to it :P
  12. I haven't given up on the series getting better one day, but I know it'll be a long time before it happens haha.

Dark Falz looks great in PS4, from what I saw, and the enemy designs on PS4 look pretty nice in general. Makes me wanna rush through the rest of PS2 (I know PS2 won't let that happen!) and PS3 to play PS4.
  13. I think PSO2 has taught me that there won't be another really great Phantasy Star game as long as Sega's involved, but that's okay. The series has given me so many great memories and I think I'm finally cool with that.

PSU's Dark Falz was so terrible XD He definitely has some creepy forms in PS4.
  14. I think it's way more Sci-Fi heavy because they couldn't really come up with a way to make Techs and Magic look different from one or another. I only remember Dark Falz being terrifying back in PSO xD, his other appearances were just poor (PSU) or silly (PSO2).

I hated his PSU appearance, damn thing looked like a flying sperm when you blew off its head and I was so hyped up to fight against it cause we had no info about what it looked at before it was released.

I'm pretty sure the only way the series would go back to its roots would be if PSO2 or their future PS online title started going up in smoke. Even then, it wouldn't be guaranteed it would be the combo we're looking for. xD

I wanna believeeeeeeeeeeeee that Sega one day will stop being a pack of assholes. :3
  15. Yeah, that perfect blend of sci-fi and traditional fantasy was what made the series so great. The modern universe kinda captures it, although it's far more sci-fi-heavy. I'd love a return to the grittier, old-school PS universe and all that came with it. And where Dark Falz/Force was actually terrifying!

I'd love to experience an online game that could simultaneously make you feel so alone, like PSO managed to do brilliantly. Deep in Ragol going through Ruins by yourself was so terrifying and futile, knowing that you had no allies down there and it was you against whatever mysteries lie ahead. Rico's messages just made it that much creepier.
  16. I wish Sega would do something like that too personally. The older games seem to have a good mix between Sci-Fi and magic, which is rarely used sadly.

Add that in with PSO's exploration of the unknown and I'd be a happy Rappy Bucket. Oh, and Casts should still be able to wear clothes too of course. :P
  17. That too XD Although the CAST designs look really cool. Always been a big fan of Wren's design.

I really wish a new Phantasy Star game would be set in the theme of the classic series. I would so rock Alys' coat from PS4 everywhere.
  18. I think something that kind of put me off of PS3 from what I saw is that...the enemy designs look godawful compared to PS2 and PS4. They just look rather offish, especially the robots, who look like toy robots. xD

I'm still looking forward to it tho, it should be rather...interesting considering I heard it was also super hard as hell.
  19. PS3 is certainly not a bad game, it's just very different and definitely an acquired taste. It gets a lot of hate on that basis alone, but it's worth your time. PS4 is quite simply next-level, and it did a lot of very impressive things for its time. I also loved the original PS1 for putting a female hero on the map :3

Grinding never bothered me either, but we grew up in an era where that was expected, so it's not a big deal to us.
  20. I've been enjoying it quite a bit. There's something about the enemy designs that makes them look legit scary (The rabbit monsters are some of the...creepier enemies haha). It is quite a grind to go through tho, but I don't mind it too much (Grind doesn't bother me too much usually).

Also, the map music of Mota is too damn catchy, like what the hell...It feels like I'm going to be going out on a picnic stroll of ADVENTURE. I find the story to be rather good when it decides to tell it. I'll admit that the battle system kind of threw me off a bit (Wait, you use magic by selecting the strategy option? *psyduck wut*).

I plan on checking out Phantasy Star 3 after 2. I hear it's the glowy red eyed black sheep of the PS series, kind of like how PSU is the black sheep (not undeservedly so! :P) of the PS online series. After PS3, I plan on finally checking out PS4, then I need to play Phantasy Star 1 in some way or another.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 20 of 59
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast