Conversation Between JC200X and Seizure Bot

15 Visitor Messages

1. That's understandable. During that off-time between Infinity and the PSO2 CBT, I've played this game to help me cope with the language. Still have yet to finish it, but with the little I've played, I know the Hiragana and Katakana characters. I'll also link you to a document the team master of my current team made about PSO2-Japanese lingo.

I've also checked back on the old servers not too long ago and it seems the game is now dying; even with hackers online. Shouldn't be too long 'til SoA shuts them down. They should've done that months ago.

With the patch, it's only the client side that's translated. You won't get banned for talking with other players, even in English. I've managed to last this long with my broken Japanese. As long as you don't shout, "I USE TEH ENGRISH PATCH" to a bunch of Japanese players like a moron, you'll be fine. However, be aware that using certain macros, like "<t>" for target name, will broadcast the translated message. Tons of block 20 players do that in Japanese-majority blocks and they're still alive, so that's probably fine too. Still wouldn't do it though.

I'll send you my in-game details so I can have you added to my friends list or you can send me yours if you don't quite know how to do it yet.

Character name (When online): Ciel Di'Mattrio
    Player ID: JC200X
    ID number: 10283657
  2. I actually did get the English patch a few weeks ago, and you're right, it has helped immensely. I still want to parse a few runes, though. Useful for where the patches can't reach or when I want to get the gist of what other player is saying.

Oh god, the disconnections. Fun times. I'd host, I'd DC. You'd host, you'd DC. Rui would host, she'd DC. I checked the english servers a month ago out of curiosity, and it's as bad you'd expect. I started a room, and it was a nonstop parade of useless hackers who couldn't pass the first challenge level (was going for that 'pass challenge with all types' title). I went and downloaded a cheat program, installed the 'change name cheat', and if the hacker in question stunk or was a general bum hole, I changed their name to "I am a fish" in plain text w/out any color. Haven't touched PSP2 since.

Can't wait to see Rui again. Personally, I've been too nervous to really talk to anyone in PSO since it's technically bannable with the whole 'illegal patching of the client' on top of the entire 'not really in Japan' thing.
  3. Who're you again? I feel like I know you... Oh right, I do.

Back to the old "Andy the Scientologist" Cast? Since you might've missed out on so much, just wait 'til you unlock the Gunner class. You might ditch Ranger for it, or use it as a subclass at least.

If and when you've had enough of the moonrunes, you might wanna look into the English patch for the game (http://psumods.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=206). With it, nearly everything is translated that is needed to play. There's even a story patch if you're gonna do that. You also might wanna look into the Chrome extension, as it contains an EQ Twitter alert among with some helpful links for the game (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...jjggojhj?hl=en).

Man, it's been too long though! I've been back into the game for two months now and I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. On top of that, I've come back into contact with Rui recently and now you! Shame she's not gonna be able to play with us 'til after summer or so, but perhaps we can finally party together like the good ol' days. Minus the BS disconnections.
  4. Yo, what's up? How you been? I'm back in PSOII, although I deleted my old beta character and made a new one. Just couldn't get into being a Tech'er, or a Hunter, or a Human. I went back to Cast Ranger. Just feels natural.

Also, I'm slowly and painfully little by little beginning to recognise a little of the japanese text. Still can't read it, but I can see a symbol and say, "Huh, that's 'ki' followed by 'ah' so that must be 'cancel'." Also have been looking at some manga to help out. I find I learn the letters easier when it's written sound effects like 'ugh' or 'haha'. Go figure.
  5. Thanks dude. You might be a higher level once I start again, but I still have seniority!
  6. Ouch, sounds nasty. Wish you luck with all that, obviously. On the other hand... this gives me time to outgrow the noobiness.... hahaha
  7. I wish I could, but with no net access at home, my access time is really limited. I've only gotten to the point of recreating my character in the open beta. As of now, my time is more invested into getting another job so I won't be around to help you out, anytime soon. But I DO plan on playing the game regularly; Make no mistake.

You may want to head into the PSOW IRC (psoworld.weebly.com). From what I've seen, a handful of people are already playing it. And speak English too (I know, obviously!). In the meantime, here's a glimpse of my character from the Closed Beta Test. Her appearance is the same other than the costume.

Phantasy Star Online 2 (Closed Beta Test) - Dark Ragne Annihilation - YouTube
  8. And I'm... in on Ship 2! Gotta met sometime. This time I get to be the clueless noob. Actually, the gameplay is close to PSPo2. It's the Japanese I gotta wrap my mind around.
  9. Haha, thanks. I'll try to get into Ship Dos.

I still drop in occasionally because it's mildly entertaining to watch those who are left. Case in point: "Pleeze hack 2 legit" Comedy gold. Helps to ease the anger that poor PSPo2 has degenerated into such a festering cess pool.
  10. From what I can see on the blog, the English-speaking community is on Ship 2, Block 20 and so on. For example, if Block 20 is full, they'll gather in Block 21 and so on and so forth. You might wanna bookmark it for future reference: http://bumped.org/psublog/

I'm surprised you still sign in on that game with the state the online activity currently is. Hell, even Infinity seems to be dwindling down. And you shouldn't be surprised that Rui's not on anymore, really. Wonder what she's up to these days...?
  11. Also, I haven't seen Rui in a long while. I haven't been in PSPo2 religiously, but maybe every three days or so, and I never see her on.
  12. Heh, I'm just trying to decide which ship to sign up on. I hear Ship 2 is the flagship? Which one are you on?
  13. Oh my God... I'm dreaming, right? Is that really you, Andy?! I don't believe it!! I haven't seen or heard from you since before Rui retired about nine months ago!

You'd BETTER get PSO2 and Rui too. I'll definitely be there, so we can get the awesome threesome back together! 'Cept this time, I'm not the dead weight noob! Infinity kept me sharp! ;p

I took part in the Closed Beta Test of PSO2 a while back and it is AWESOME. Even better when you're playing with old friends.
  14. Heh, sorry I haven't been on in a while. Rage quit PSP2 when my newman force kept getting slaughtered on Magashi, and while I should have kept at it, I also got tired of picking the least hacked people to play with online. I went off to play easier games, like Real Life and Demon's Souls, which I finally beat. I'm coming back to life here to see if PSO2 is any good.
  15. ANDY!!! Where are you, brah?!!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 15 of 15