Conversation Between VagrantVan and Dycize

6 Visitor Messages

1. Hmm nope. Don't think I've even seen that movie. I just made it like that (not that it's an uncommon kind of story anyway).
  2. Did you happen to draw inspiration for the concept from the film "Transcendence"?
  3. Wether this counts as a soul or just advanced mechanics is not up to me to decide =p But yeah that's the gist of it.
  4. Hah. So it's like a ghost in the shell. A random segment of code that "evolved" to the point of becoming a soul.
  5. Oh ho.
    Despite the fancy name, it's just a really advanced learning program x] With the problem that at the time of its creation, nobody expected the program to essentially mutate on its own. It was a success but it's basically unusable after a certain period of time due to the changes brought about by the learning process. Traces of the basic data are still used nowadays, but the full program itself only lives on through Ogeraun's "family". Kind of like passing on genetic code, the casts create their successor with the built-in program. The very 1st cast of the project, nicknamed "Original" (he is, of course, the Original MSP cast, but nowhere near being the very 1st cast) created a "daughter" and this eventually became a tradition, going up to today's Ogeraun.
    There's more to be said but sadly it involves spoiler-y stuff I'm planning to use some time x]
  6. Hey, I'm curious about your concept of a Machine Soul. Could you go into more detail about it?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6