Conversation Between Midicronica and Neith

42 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Happy Birthday!
  2. http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/ari...age/index.aspx

New Dream Theater song, 'A Rite of Passage'. Roadrunner are apparently going to release MP3s of 6 songs every week (6 weeks until 'Black Clouds and Silver Linings hits). I'm downloading now
  3. Yeah, the only melee weapon I have currently is what looks like a dozer-blade. I'm still struggling to get used to the controls (switched back to Regular-A, because Simple wasn't letting me use some abilities). Managed to take out AF Giga Base by spamming Quick Boost, but I still really suck I'm finding that in the Order Matches I'm missing quite a bit (last match I did, I did 10k damage to my opponent before getting wasted). Not really sure if I'm meant to be using different weapon types or whether it's again down to the controls. Pretty steep learning curve for someone new to Armored Core really, and while it's fun I'm just hoping I can improve at it (like, complete a mission without my computer telling me I've taken 70% damage ), because otherwise I don't know if I can get anywhere; parts are real expensive and I'm not earning that much from missions because of the repair costs
  4. Eh, it's not too hard but you don't unlock any of the good blades until the end of the game. Blading is seriously broken and it's an easy way to take down most Lynx and Armored Forts.

All of this talk is making me want to play the game. If you're up to it, next time you're online drop me a line and we'll play some co-op. I can help you out in some of the missions.
  5. Maybe once I improve with the controls I'll find things easier, combat was a bit of a pain when I kept getting outmanuevered all the time

How easy is it to unlock parts? I kinda want a melee-orientated mech, but I don't really have many agile parts yet XD
  6. Yeah, the controls can be a pretty big pain until you get used to them. I used the normal controls because the simple doesn't give you full control over your AC. I also customized them more to my liking.

As for taking a lot of fire and repairs. Abuse the quick boost, bro. Not too much are you'll run out of EN.
  7. Oh man I suck at AC For Answer

Did the first couple of missions ok, but the problem is that I'm taking a lot of fire from the enemies (and consequently spending most of the mission reward on repairs ).

Also, had to take down some Arms Fort (Giga Base, I think), and I got shot down before I even got to it (Giga Base's cannon).

Is it normal to be finding the controls a pain? I resorted to using Simple controls, but it still seems like a lot of commands (resulting in such hilarity like firing a shoulder weapon instead of boosting). Tutorial was well...useless, so I'm hoping I pick it up soon
  8. Apparently my timing is awesome; looked around online and one of the stores I use had 60% off on certain games titles. AC For Answer was one of them Should have it in a couple of days!
  9. I'd never played an Armor Core game prior to AC: For Answer so I was in the same boat.

It's a really fun game, there's tons of customization involved and you'll spend most of your time modifying your AC. The story isn't all that great, but it's good enough to get your attention. The battles that you'll encounter will range from picking off fodder to fighting huge armored forts. Fighting other Lynx (AC Pilots) can be pretty annoying but it's still really fun because these battles are really fast paced. All in all, I'd say it's a solid game and definitely worth your funbucks.

Oh yeah, there's co-op so I can tag along with you on missions.

I'm terrible at pitching games but I hope that helped. If you had a JP Xbox Live account you could download the demo from the marketplace and try it out.
  10. So, I know it's been out for a while now, but I was pretty broke when it released here. Finally have a bit of money again, and was considering getting AC For Answer. I know you play/played it, so I was just wondering what it's like for someone who's nevered played an Armored Core game (well, I lie, I played multiplayer in AC2 round a friend's house years ago).

Might get it, I love mecha
  11. 'It allows me to play around 4 million notes a second, but I don't play that fast because people die. I keep it low; about 2000'
  12. You've probably seen this before but it's too damn hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKMYeXkYcgs
  13. Yeah, it's kinda the same for me (although not 2-4 drives, thank god). Generally bands will play in either Sheffield, Manchester or Newcastle. While Newcastle is only about an hour or so away, I can't stand it there

But yeah, I'll be content just seeing Petrucci and Portnoy put out various levels of awesome I'd probably go into spasms if they played Octavarium live, but I think if they do play an 'epic', it'll be either In the Presence of Enemies, The Ministry of Lost Souls (both from Systematic Chaos) or something from the forthcoming album.

Chances of seeing Constant Motion live is pretty good though
  14. Nice, dude! A lot of the bands that I like don't really tour much in the South and if they do, I have to drive 2 hours (Houston, Texas) or even 4 hours (New Orleans, Louisiana) to see them.

I know Muse is finally touring in the US after 4 years and if they come anywhere near the South I will kill a man to go their concert.
  15. Well, looks like I might be going to see Dream Theater live in June! They're playing a European tour, and come fairly close to me. One of the guys I played PSO/PSU with is from the place they're playing and is also getting a ticket, so I'll be meeting up with him (again).

In the Presence of Enemies live, PLEASE What's cool is that the gig is about 2 weeks before the new album 'Black Clouds and Silver Linings' is released; so here's hoping for a sneak-peek at some new stuff

I generally don't go to gigs but when one of my favourite bands is almost within earshot of my town, I can't miss it
  16. Dude, when I saw that 3rd solo, my mouth dropped. There's absolutely no way I could pass that. Well, maybe...but it would be absolute torture on my hands. Also, congrats on passing it. You and Obtained Walnut are some crazy beasts on those guitar parts.

I think I'll pick up Waking the Demon, Warriors of Time, and 1 Toby Keith song tomorrow after I home from work.
  17. ...I can't pass Warriors of Time

I've tried and tried and tried, but it's ridiculous (and I've passed Constant Motion before). The last solo is just fingerbreaking XD

Edit: 8 more attempts and I finally beat it. Best guitar chart in ages. Waking the Demon is awesome too, but the Black Tide song is so much better
  18. Oh wow, I love the Scream Aim Fire album, so as soon as I saw Waking The Demon announced, I let out a hearty 'HELL YEAH' (well, not 'Hell', but PG13 site and all). Should be hard as nails on Guitar/Drums at least.

And wow, I'd never heard the Black Tide song (I have Shockwave already, which is awesome on Guitar), but holy hell. 3 solos, and it sounds possibly harder than Waking The Demon

(I'll be getting both- I'm always up for more metal songs/new challenges )
  19. New metal song coming to Rock Band on the 7th. "Waking the Demon" by Bullet for My Valentine.

:edit: Black Tide - Warriors of Time is kinda heavy, as well. Sounds pretty awesome. Might be buy-worthy.
  20. Yeah, I don't use a RB guitar (I use a GH3 Les Paul). I actually prefer the GH2 Explorer, but I can't find one in the UK on its own (since I have GH2 for PS2 already, I refuse to buy the boxed set). Obviously, the timing window for Hammer-ons and Pull-offs is tighter on RB (more like GH2 than GH3), so you're probably just not as used to the engine. I don't know if you've tried, but turning on Breakneck Speed in the Extras menu of RB2 (it's not on RB1) helps me a lot- I always use it. Some people play worse with it, but it might be worth a shot if you haven't tried yet.

And yeah, the profile pic is Kan'u Unchou from Ikkitousen. I couldn't really show much more of the image without getting banned, so a face pic will have to do /shameless pervert
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 20 of 42
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast