Conversation Between CupOfCoffee and BIG OLAF

18 Visitor Messages

1. Hey don't sweat it. Hell, it seems like we both got wrapped up in that kind of attitude at around the same time! I was also in a much darker place then, and it sounds like that just happened to fuel your anger even more and cause all that to snowball and make a mess.

But we learn from these things and become better for them! Or, at least I'd like to think that's the case for people, ha.

Also, it's a shame you won't be knitting any new fabric in the future, but I'll look forward to your new writing, for certain!

EDIT: Also, I never got to tell you, but shit, that pumpkin you carved of that girl on Halloween was crazy good. That must have taken a lot of work.
  2. Haha, fabric. By which my phone meant to say fanfic.
  3. Aw sheeit. That's very good of you, mine e-pal. I recall being in a very bad mood in general a few years ago when very little was going right for me, and I ended up falling into a regrettable phase of being irrationally mad at a lot of people I'd briefly interacted with on PSOW. I don't think I'd even ever spoken with you or read your writing before I made that lame thread, and I can definitely say now that it was preeeetty shitty of me. So fangz for forgiving.

I'm thinking about starting a new fabric project in the near future. Stay tuned!
  4. Happy Birthday, sir. Only three more years until you may need a cane or a backbrace.

Also, I forgive you for that topic on that Rappy Rapture forum. It happens.
  5. Happy Birthday, sir. Hope you have a nice day (lucky it fell on a Saturday, I bet!).

6. Thanks. I don't get terrorized, per se, but it does infuriate me to no end when someone 'thinks' they know your personality and who you are, just from how you act once in a while on the internet. It's disgusting how some people judge others and try to demonize and humiliate them just for being who they are, without ever getting to know them on a deeper level.

But, yup! Have a good one.
  7. Cool cool. Sleep good n' all. And I hear you on the rants thing; stress can be really draining. I'm not very confrontational, so whenever I get into it with somebody on the internet (pretty rare, but it's happened) I get all freaked out and feel pretty terrorized in general.
  8. Well, I'll definitely start on it sometime soon. Sleep time for now, since that little, uh, 'spat' earlier in the Rants section has left me sort of drained, as odd as that potentially sounds.
  9. Ha, well, don't feel obligated to read it all in one sitting or anything. I wrote it in kind of a satirical "proper English narratwaah" voice that condescended the main characters and PSO's story in general at every turn, so it may not have been my most literary or important work—but I do think you'd probably get a kick out of it. I really just wanted to make people laugh, but about halfway through, the story started getting a little bit action-adventury. I've really never tried that genre before, but I had a lot of fun with it.
  10. No, I don't think I ever did. I probably should, though. Xaeris said you're quite the wordsmith, so I think I'm gonna have a look at it.
  11. Haha, I can't remember if you read my Get Well Soon Spaceman story from last summer, but that one got pretty ridiculous, especially toward the end. It did at least mention a lot of the canon characters, though. Tearing a story and its world apart and putting it back together in a different way is just too much fun.
  12. Yeah, I almost always deviate from the canon heavily, because SEGA can't make a good story these days to save their asses. Fan-made plots are always way more interesting, as they are with most things.
  13. That's pretty cool. The character designs in PSU really turned me off for some reason, and I wasn't very charmed by the hokey story, either. I always preferred the desolate Metroid-esque sense you got from PSO, like your character was creeping through this mysterious ruined planet, alone, constantly on guard.

I've still got a few characters and plot ideas that I think are pretty interesting kicking around in my head, so maybe one of these days I'll download the beta. Or more likely I'll wait for the English release. I've never made much of an effort in any of my PSO writings to stick to the established story or characters, but I feel like it'd be way easier and more fun to do some world building if the world I was building on was at least in a language I can read.
  14. Oh, the game? It's loads of fun, a lot more inviting than PSU. The character models look much better too, of course, which was a major factor in making my story. With being able to make characters so unique and vibrant, I felt like I had something 'real' to work with.
  15. Heck yeah! Besides, I don't really think it's appropriate to launch into a big critique when someone posts a story or a drawing on the Fan Works forum. It's largely a place to share stuff you've made and be entertained by stuff other people have made. It's just fan fiction—it shouldn't have to be so hard core. Hone your skills all you like, but it's still nice to have a place to go when you want to make something unpretentious and fun. Especially for writing. Write first for yourself first and for anybody else second.

I was kind of planning on doing a PSO2 story at some point, but for some reason I kind of lost interest in trying the game. How're you liking it?
  16. Yes, that's true. I know I'm far from a master. Hell, I'm probably not much higher than mediocre. But, knowing people enjoy what I work on is a great start, and makes me want to do more, which, in turn, will lead to improvement.

Thanks for giving me a chance.
  17. Glad to provide! People in "critique" communities usually seem to forget that positive criticism and general encouragement can be really helpful when it comes to developing a craft. Knowing what you're doing right and why it's good is every bit as necessary as knowing what you're doing wrong.
  18. Thank you for the positive feedback regarding my writing. I'm glad I can get some constructive influence from some people. I sure need it sometimes, heh.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 18 of 18