Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NER0 View Post
    Got no response to my earlier question so I'll ask again. If i bought the game on disk and have been playing online without registering my code, will my existing code be rendered useless when we are prompted to reigster to continue online play?
    It should still work. That said, just to be on the safe side, I'd recommend registering your code now.

Alright, thank you for clearing that up

cheaters yes maybe it will.... pervs umm i don't really think so since mostly every party i see is a sex room >.> theres only a couple of players i play with cause everyone else is either chatting or creating pervy rooms.

Hi everyone,

Good news - this update has just gone live!

To clarify again on the specifics:

- All users now need the code granted within the retail copy of the game or which was automatically awarded when purchased digitally to access the online servers. This code has been updated, so you will need to download it once more. (Download history should work.)

- If you've already entered a code and are getting errors logging in, you can redownload the code and this should automatically take care of things.

- New users to the online servers from today forward should automatically download the new code, meaning they won't have to download twice. (I haven't been able to test this yet, but this is the dev team's intention.)

As with any patch or update that affects connectivity, I'm sure there may be some people who have trouble getting online - so if that's you, please also feel free to contact us at http://help.sega.com for customer service if you're having any trouble with your code.

Finally, if you pirated the game and are now mad because you can't play online with a game that was illegally stolen, we recommend taking a course on ethics and realizing why these actions can severely hurt the game series you enjoy. We'd love to give games like this even more support, but numbers do make a difference - and we greatly appreciate each and every loyal fan who did their part to support PSP2 by picking up a copy.

For those playing on used copies, there is currently no additional method to purchase a code individually, though we did try to explore this possibility as much as we could for you guys. I know this was covered off back at launch, but just wanted to mention it once more as I know the question has come up before.

Thanks to everyone for their patience as we worked to get these codes up and running as intended - I'll pass on any more news I hear from the dev team as it arrives. Until then, please feel free to post here or to help.sega.com with any questions or concerns.

Thank you!
    Last edited by RubyEclipse; Dec 13, 2010 at 07:16 AM.

Wow, that's some interesting news there Ruby! Now we can enjoy online without fear of being hacked or anything. Thanks for bringing us this news!
    Heeding the call of the Hunter in PSP2? Use this: Beginner's Guide to Hunter Domination

"You either die the hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenZ View Post
    Wow, that's some interesting news there Ruby! Now we can enjoy online without fear of being hacked or anything. Thanks for bringing us this news!
    Of course! I'm just glad to finally see it go live.

Since the update has me up at 4 AM anyway, I'll be checking a few things on my end too and will be here to help troubleshoot for a bit. Let me know if anything comes up!

Glad to hear the great news Ruby maybe now will see more playing parties and less Hack me and looking for gf chat parties
    Last edited by Bou; Dec 13, 2010 at 09:52 AM.

Cool, so hopefully now there should be fewer non-serious players online. You know, the guys who confuse PSPo2 with a dating site xD
    PSPo2 Characters:
    Re-l Mayer (lv 95 RAnewarl) || Hiyori (lv 100 VAbearl)
    Vincent Law (lv 99 HUmar) || Daedalus (lv 92 FOnewar)
    Dante Alighieri (lv 102 VAcast) || Eris (lv 90 RAcaseal)

Quote Originally Posted by RubyEclipse View Post
    Hi everyone,

Good news - this update has just gone live!

To clarify again on the specifics:

- All users now need the code granted within the retail copy of the game or which was automatically awarded when purchased digitally to access the online servers. This code has been updated, so you will need to download it once more. (Download history should work.)
    Im a bit confused :3

If we already had entered our code online before the update, we dont have to enter it again right? The ''this code has been updated, so you will need to download it once more.'' part confuses me. :3 I seem to have logged into psp2 online fine though.
    Lvl 124/ Type Lvl 23 (vanguard) Cast Female
    Lvl 15/ Type Lvl 5 (newman) Force Female

Heh, whew - this thread certainly took off since I went to sleep.

One quick update - the UK side of things should now be good to go with the codes. I heard back this morning that the US update still needs one final tweak from Sony, so I'll update again as soon as we hear that it's live.

As to the self-proclaimed hacker, I'd say just ignore him/her. I'll offer one final response, to the original question presented:

You Do Know That There Are Offline Hackers Like Me I Hope?-.-
    I Only Hack Offline To Explore The & Never Online...& Just Because There A Pricks Out There Who Hack Online To Kill It Don't Mean There Are Hackers Who Hack Offline To Try & Keep Things In There Natural Order,But What You Don't Know Is That There Are Hackers WHO Live By The White Hat Code...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_hat
    Start Doing Your Homework First Before You Start Hating...-.-
    It doesn't really matter where you're hacking - either offline or online - as I don't want you playing on the online servers regardless if you're going to do so.

I hope you can understand, but many of us have seen countless versions of PSO ruined by hackers, including many who claimed their actions were justified or that they were doing it to 'get back' at certain people or groups who deserved it. In the end, all they really did was hurt their fellow players more than anything.

That said, if you bought the game and used your code already, you shouldn't be automatically blocked from the online server. But please do know that if I catch you cheating online, or if any player reports you as cheating and it's confirmed, we will do all we can to remove and block your access to the server so that our community can enjoy a cheat-free online experience, as it was intended.

Thanks!
    Last edited by RubyEclipse; Dec 13, 2010 at 04:20 PM.