Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Elitist hybrid. Merged classes can be pricks too!

I still need advice. I'm getting paid soon so money isssues are all over, and I was considering a hard drive. People have said it will reduce slowdown from not loading off the game disc all the time, and that it has some cache memory the 360 uses.

When I say slowdown, I mean I'm having GRAPHICAL slowdown. It's not lag. My server connection is fine. And when I say serious, I mean I'm severely limited in my playstyle. I can't run to people and heal them in time. This is bad because I play guntecher. I cannot play in parum at all. Can't play in groups of more than 2 or 3. I get minimal slowdown in Neudaiz, but elsewhere is just terrible. Well, VoC is fine UNTIL I join a big party. I can't even play in Parum relics in a party of TWO.

There is nothing apparently wrong with my 360. It plays my sole other game with no slowdown. It doesn't overheat. It just doesn't have a harddrive. Another issue I'm considering is that people tell me that the NA copy of PSU states it is version 1.000001 or something, it has a 1 on the end regardless. Mine is 1.00000. It hasn't changed. It's the JP version and I'm worried that thanks to the small sales they aren't patching it for issues that the NA version MAY be being patched for. But then again it could be the fact I have no hard drive that means I have no "1" on the end. So if you don't have a harddrive either, what does yours ssay?

I potentially have to spend a lot of money to fix this and it's very upsetting for me. I have a few options.

1. Buy a harddrive. May fix it?
    2. Buy an NA copy of the game. Thing is will it let me use my same characters? They are regged as JP region now, even my shop only works for JP searches.
    3. Test the game on a US 360. Thing is it won't be my 360, so I won't be able to test going online. I'd have to find an offline portion with bad slowdown and try that. I'd have to play right through to that area on both systems. It may basically tell me nothing. Or I could pay for my friend to buy an account and use that. I don't know what to do.

Well this is all extremely fucking irritating and it's ruining the game. I feel crippled. Yes, I know it's just me. Know how I tell? Well, I watch everyone slowdown as bad as I am apparently doing. Their PA animation moves at a crawl. THEN, they are suddenly over halfway into the second animation. Like a jumpcut. Because the animation played at the right speed for them. Meanwhile I'm crawling.

I have tried various fixes and made it marginally better but all it means is I can now play in small parties but I'm still fucked for big ones. Also my display is terrible, I'm in the lowest resolution and my sound is turned off because it causes slowdown. How the hell do I fix it? Please somebody help me out.

Hmmm, Maybe I can disconnect my HDD and try things out for ya. See what version type I get and how the slowdown changes.

...well Shimarisu, I don't know what to do if I were you. Buy a harddrive maybe? I've had some slowdown problems, but then again, I don't care about it, and there's hardly any. Every once in a while it happens though.

I don't think JP PSU has anything to do with your game. There ARE Japanese players out here too; ones actually IN Japan, and I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that the server of all 360 PSU is here in America.

You may not want to buy a harddrive just yet though-- in case it DOESN'T fix it. >>
    Gamertag: inf3rn0 Lan
    Lan Katana│Male│Newman│Lv150│fT 20
    Malsa Powers│Female│Newman│Lv150│AT 20
    PSO2β: マルサ・パワーズ|Force lv17

I feel like crying, just learned something that might mean I quit PSU because I can't even bring myself to play ATM, it's a chatroom and all I do is solo because the slowdown is just too bad.

Well I can tell you right now it reverted to ver 1.00000 or whatever. So it seems whatever updates there are, you can't get a hold of...

I can only test story mode though, since I have no memory card :/

I've got a Hard-drive, and the PAL version of PSU, and it works alright, except when there are a stupid amount of enemies on screen, or trees are falling over. Can you not try it out on another 360 by recovering your account to another 360 for a short time? Me and my friend do that to play halo 2 all the time, so i figure it might work to test it out online on a harddrived 360.

Can't you just return the hard drive if if doesn't help you out? Or do stores in Japan not have return policies?

Well, I couldn't find much slowdown in chapter 1 at all. But then again I could only get a party of me and the Vol idiots.

Sorry I can't be of any more help

My question is what other game do you have? Is it GeOW? If it is then I would say it isn't a HDD problem. If it is a game that is similar to PSU graphics wise it could be lack of HDD since PSU is poorly coded. Try playing it on a 360 with a HDD. Also if it is a patch issue you would need a HDD because I think it has to store it somwhere so that is why you don't have the 1 on the end. Remember all the other data is on the disc and just needs to be unlocked but extra patches need a HDD. I have a feeling it maybe a patch issue but I would try it on a 360 with a HDD first.

I'd say it was quite similar, from what I have played of Blue Dragon it isn't THAT visually stunning. Certainly better than PSU but that's to be expected. I noticed no slowdown, even spinning the stick round to rotate the view quickly.

LOL Gears of War. D: Can't stand gritty, violent games.