Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Well, it finally happened, just like the doomsayers said it would.

Yesterday, for those of you not in the know, a player named Box was swapping 8* weapons with 10-20%s for Kubara Wood and elemental Photons. I dropped by, more to satisfy my curiousity than anything else, and yes indeed, he had the max meseta.

Now, I sincerely doubt that he's a cheater, despite a chance resemblance in names; more likely, he sold so many high % weapons to cheaters that he ended up with full meseta and now, quite simply, he has no need for meseta.

Just the things that money CAN'T buy: Kubara Wood and elemental photons.

Now, I can't fault him; in fact, I predicted this would happen a month ago. More, in fact. (I'm glad I was stockpiling Kubara wood when it was 300 a pop, not 10k+!)

I predict that this will be the new 'economy' as such; synthers will trade good synths for rare items and kubara wood will make up the balance of any out of whack trades, because only the high level synthers NEED kubara wood.

Here's how things will go from this point on, as far as meseta will go:

1) A person/group will find a rare

2) They will put it up in the player store for outrageous prices (50 million, 99 million, whatever)

3) They will take the cheater's meseta and distribute it to their friends so that no one in their immediate circle will have money troubles again.

A bleak view compared to how things are SUPPOSED to run, but I suppose it does have upsides. It means that you're free from the burden of grinding for money, which is both bad and good.

And on the other hand, it WILL eventually cut cheaters out of the loop. Because all they'll have is the stuff that they bought for outrageous sums, and because only fools will be willing to sell them anything for something so worthless as 'meseta', they'll hopefully grow more and more bored... bomb player shops for 'fun' instead of as a targeted attack (just like how FSODing started out as targeted, then punk cheaters would do it whenever anyone stepped into the lobby)... which means more players won't have shops on their mains, or won't have shops at all...

Gah. Not a fun idea. But it does mean that if you're quick now, you can protect yourself and learn to enjoy the game in a way that, while the designers may not have intended, can still be... interesting?

Fuck. I hate this. I hate every second of this.

But I don't see what can be done. I still like the game and will continue to play it.

edited for mature content.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: imfanboy on 2007-01-06 03:37 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: imfanboy on 2007-01-06 03:38 ]</font>

Leave the game...

This is intended as a word to the wise - in other words, it's not meant for you hotashi. Go ahead and ignore it.

I played PSO addictively through a LOT worse than this, and I still enjoy PSU.

I just will only use the shops to hunt PM food.

And will advise people to save their Kubara Wood.

You really didn't need the rape analogy to make your point.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Ok honestly it isnt a big deal for those who avoid the mainstream idiots.Also to be quite frank the REAL problem IS NOT duped meseta it is the greedy people ,or lazy people in some cases,that want in on this stuff.I can almost guarantee you that for every person who has goten almost infinite meseta from this there are a almsot a hundred more who havent.
    -=Role Players Union=-If your into rp light heavy or otherwise please join up

I'm not the trap, that's the trap!

I'm baaaaaack! Did anyone miss me? I hope not.
    Okay, so apparently, I had to wade through threads and I see this. Did you know attention is a currency to some infamous (morons) hackers and script kiddies? Somehow, they get paid attention by how much of a commotion they cause, and then they spread around the method to get more of this "attention".
    It's a weird thing, really, I don't understand it either. It's concept at its worst, and I should have changed in talking/typing/posting by shooting out simple understandable phrases, but I'm still the word-spewing person I am. Damn you, New Year's Day.

I had to buy kubara wood today towards synthing and it seems prices are rising, thankfully I got 12 pieces at 2.5k each instead of the 7-12k other stores were asking.

It's the new ray-photon in my eyes.

I wouldn't even bother buying Kubara Wood, it drops often enough.

I've lost almost all faith in the playershop part of PSU now- you can seemingly sell anything for any amount and it'll sell...

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

...I wonder how much Kubara weapons are going to increase now? :/

*Swings large blades*

PA fragments are more like PD's in these that you need a lot to get certain items from a vendor...