Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GC: Gal Gryphon

Friend To Rappies
    Trapped Somewhere in the Inner Circle of Fault

I need a strategy or something, please someone.
    Thanks in advance :0

I love the cutest girl at Hinata-Sou FinalMasterM's Avatar
    On top of the roof, looking at the sky, with Shinobu.

On 2002-11-27 18:02, ShadowCaster wrote:
    I need a strategy or something, please someone.
    Thanks in advance :0
    I can't help you with a strategy or anything, but it's best to have beat Ep1 on the same difficutly before going into Ep2, (clearing out the VR Temple and Spaceship a bit early isn't wrong, tho).

If you're a force, I would suggest NOT fighting him too quickly, but if you must, use high level Foie/Grants.

Use a Gun. Stay close to it when it's in the air, stay far (VERY FAR - I recommend maximum handgun/rifle range) away from it when it's on the ground.

Svm Inimicus Mali

Reason for staying away, in case you're wondering: the shockwave. My FOmar had trouble living through this with Deband on at level 70+, so that attack is STRONG. I doubt many characters at a level that's actually appropriate for the area are going to live through that at all.

Friend To Rappies
    Trapped Somewhere in the Inner Circle of Fault

Ok, but what about a level 32 HUcaseal, with good mag, good weapon, and good def. I beat everything easily, and I can kill everything on forest hard in like 3 -5 hits. You thinks i stand a chance, oh ya just to show my defense, or what I can withstand the mericarol sub boss in the Jungle Area East it's little energy ball thing did 10 damage to me when I was on level 31... so whould you suggest going into gal gryphon????
    I also beat Ep. 1 normal, just so you know, if that's important
    Oh and how about a spinner instead of a gun????

Gun (period). Nothing else.

Staying close to it (in the air) will allow you to evade its dive attack.

If you stay at maximum handgun range and run away from it as its doing its wave attack it'll miss you completely.

Aim either for its wing or the head. Also, don't stand in front of it when it's on the ground.

I always used a Rappy Fan against it.

You have to get a strategy down, and the first thing you have to keep in mind are, how much damage happens if you get hit by certain attacks, and how avoidable are those attacks, and then think about the weapons you plan on using.

If you use a gun(handgun or rifle, for example), they are single hit only. So when the boss is "stunned", for a certain amount of time, you can only ever get in so many sets of three hits, depending if they miss, if you need to get close enough, etc.

You have a limited supply of healing ability. So that comes into play. You can't really play a long drawn out battle using only a weapon that can only hit so often at certain times of opportunity. You'll eventually run out of healing ability(techs and mates) and die.

So, use weapons that give you safe distance AND can hit multiple parts.

Slicers are the perfect example. My Rappy Fan is really my anti-boss weapon. I can hit multiple body parts, and the damage is pretty much the same for everytime the attack bounces from part to part. If I swing once, I can sometimes hit a boss in all of it's attack points. If I do a three hit combo, I've multiplied the damage done in that amount of time.(In comparison to a one hit, three combo weapon like handguns and rifles.)

In the end, I say get a nice multi-hit weapon, and when you feel comfortable, go into the boss area with a full set of healing mates/fluids(whichever you use) and no scape dolls. See how long you can last with just the healing stuff you have. That will give you an idea of the damage the boss does, as well as it's stages of attack depending on how far you get. =)

*EDIT*
    This can be better answered in the General forum as well, so I'll move it there for you. =D

*moved to General*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2002-11-27 20:52 ]</font>
    Look, he did it again.

Natural Playboy

Would a mechgun do better than a handgun or rifle? or would the shortened range get me blasted by him too? (im using a vulcan mech gun)

My HUcaseal likes to get killed using mechs on him, so I'd say they're not good. If you can hit him with mechs, then you're also in his shockwave range, and since they're so slow you're chances of being able to run away in time are about 0

Natural Playboy

Ya, i figured that, but they are my only long range weaps that are worth a crap...and i still need some more lvls b4 i can even use my rippers and gungnir a friend gave me for close range fighting.