Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

no, i'm not talking about the next hot rare item. I'm talking about the red ring of death. and it sucks. my xbox is dead. luckily for me microsoft had extended it's warranty to one year. so i get a free repair. yay for me! but the sad part is i'll have to be AFK until it comes back.

sucks this had to happen while i was playing psu. i knew i was going to have a problem b/c it would freeze and then the ring pops up. but i always unplugged and plugged it back in and it worked fine.

what makes this even more ironic is that one of my best friends just had his xbox die on him today before mine did. so i think he kinda jinxed me. that bastard!

I hope this hasn't happened to anyone else.

well i had the red ring they sent us a new one, it red ringed in a weeek, sent us back another and that one red ringed in a week now the one we have now red ringed but then went back to normal and now it works, so i know how you feel

The Unofficial PSOW Lolibrarian

Clearly, Rico is possessing your XBox 360s.

Retribution for the crimes against PSU PC/PS2, maybe? (Kidding!)

Happened to me as well. Still have to call MS myself, after receiving a horribly obviously automated email response from MS. Apparently once find an error keyword (Two red lights in my case) they send out a response only about that, so my 3 red lights problem was completely ignored.

Actually going through the same thing right now... mine kicked the can about a week and a half ago I'm barely surviving by going to friends houses to play... i get mine back the 17th.

Dragon King

lol@ xbox 360

yeah i guess you can laugh I'm just happy that the 360 version isn't having as many as the hacking related issues as the ps2/pc is having.

I think there was a bad batch or something. Mine is still in fine working order and I've had it since February 2006. Two of my real life friends have recently had theirs malfunction and their 360s are currently being repaired. If I recall correctly, they both purchased their boxes in early September. Fortunately the Xbox 360 warranty was just extended to a full year, so they had theirs taken care of completely free of charge.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dymalos on 2007-01-16 05:18 ]</font>

On 2007-01-16 05:08, Gojin wrote:
    lol@ xbox 360
    Somehow, i knew someone was going to say this. =

I've gone through THREE PlayStation2's because of disc read errors. No problems yet with the 360. LOL at that.

I know everyone frowns on console haters, but I think I have a valid reason for this grudge.

(And it has nothing to do with PSU, so don't go there.)