Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

And florescent bulbs.

I used to have a 3* Buster at 5 grinds, and a florescent bulb at 5 grinds. The Buster had +3 ATP and at least +10 (More, but I can't remember exactly) ATA. The pp was the same. I didn't bother going past 5, and maybe it would have helped a little. But the permanently low ATA and risk of breaking didn't really win me over.

And I know rifles are worse. look HERE and compare the grind stats. Kubara weapons have decent starting grinds, but get worse each level. Everyone thinks the get better, but I've tested it myself and they get worse.

I synthed a Raihoc and compared it to the Falgohoh I could have had. It had 500 less PP, 40 less ATA, and recharged at 10pp instead of 16. A little more ATP sure, but not enough to sacrifice that much everywhere else.

If you aren't convinced, go to the item database and look at the other ranged weapons. Kubara weapons are weak. They don't grind well. They recharge slow. It makes sense that a 6* kubara is named after a 1* GRM; the stats are pretty much that low.

If you've had better results (or can prove that PSUpedia is wrong) I really wouldn't mind hearing about it. Maybe melee/force weapons work better?
    I want to use Kubara(I think they look better), but they just don't seem worth it.

Not the Kubara Alteric bow +10 :3

An Alteric (6* Kubara Bow) +10 is about equivilent to a Ulteri (9* Yohmei Bow) +7/8 in ATP, while the ATA isn't bad either. I don't know about other guns, but in that example the Kubara version is great. It starts out low, but becomes the best bow in the game -- right now.

its all up to how you play, if you want all the high #'s than get a normal weapon like everyone else but personally i would rather have a weapon that i made and grinded instead of having the same stuff as everyone else. its just a different way to play!

i have a light flourescent bulb grinded to 4 and its pretty good to me i might grind it more so i can get some more PP out of it though T_T and anyway my bulb as way more attack power than my palasara

6* Alteric Bow +10 stats:

PP:1274
    Att:667
    Acc:268
    Ata Req: 83

9* Ulteri bow +0 Stats:

PP:1238
    Att:595
    Acc:300
    Ata Req:142

I'm sticking with the Alteric for now until I can grind that Ulteri I have.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-01-16 22:17 ]</font>

Yeah thats true. I forgot to consider who uses them, I can't use a bow so I'm not sure how they stack up.

If the weapon had better PP but lower power it would be great if you're really trying to drop SE's on the enemies. Personally I just pound things with a shotgun up close or drop traps if I need a freeze/virus out there.

But thats a good point.

Though I wont deny that some kubara-specific weapons are amazing; I've been set on the Degahna cannon since day one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Edman on 2007-01-16 22:18 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Edman on 2007-01-16 22:23 ]</font>

On 2007-01-16 22:16, Edman wrote:

Though I wont deny that some kubara-specific weapons are amazing; I've been set on the Degahna cannon since day one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Edman on 2007-01-16 22:18 ]</font>

QFT. Amazing, undeniable, complete truth.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

Kikamics aren't bad either. I mainly use my cards to inflict virus while I strafe around to heal, so the better accuracy helps there. I'll move up to Ageha-Kikami when I get the ATA. Has anyone checked out the bonus it gets with Ageha-senba? It doesn't seem worth it to go back to using such a low armor considering I get slapped around wearing a Har-senba.

The Unofficial PSOW Lolibrarian

25% more ATP and ATA for the weapon and 25% more DFP for the armor.