View Poll Results: I know that the Machinegun is probably the least popular gun or tied with the Handgun for it, but is

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guntecher

6 35.29%
  • Fighgunner

4 23.53%
  • Fortegunner

7 41.18%
  • NONE.

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

No verdict on the preferred mechgun for fortegunners? Is it that they are all roughly the same, or is it because there are so few fortegunners using mechguns?

On 2007-01-27 20:44, SolomonGrundy wrote:
    On 2007-01-25 21:45, Itsuki-chan wrote:
    After one of the future updates, mechguns will get +15% ATP, +10% ATA, and +9% Elemental. And the ult PA is 1% ATA with a faster attack rate that all have vertical launch. Pretty much all classes are equal with this because 1% of anything is crappy ATA.
    the ATA/ATP bump are negligible: 15% of a small number, is a small number. The 9% elemental is very significant. Fortegunner is what I voted as well
    The ATA/ATP bump is combined with your own ATP. At the speed that mechguns fire, the ATP bump is far bigger and far more noticable than the elemental bonus. Combined its a pretty huge difference though.

I don't think I need to do the math to show that 15% ATP gives more of a boost than 9% elemental. 15% is > than 9%, thats all there is too it. XD And with 87% ATA at max level now, they almost never miss.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2007-01-27 23:41 ]</font>

The update with PA changes will make machine guns almost overpowered against the opposite element, along with shotguns. I would like to see this.
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

On 2007-01-27 23:36, Itsuki-chan wrote:

I don't think I need to do the math to show that 15% ATP gives more of a boost than 9% elemental. 15% is > than 9%, thats all there is too it. XD And with 87% ATA at max level now, they almost never miss.
    uh, maybe you do need to do the math for me? Oh wait, te 15% is being added to the BULLET PA's, not the guns themselves (*smacks self on forehead*). Um, move along folks, nothing to see here...

wow, machine guns got a LOT stronger (!!)

I say it's the best with a figunner as well. Usuaully, when I used it I would either:

1. Us the gun to lock the guy in place so I can get close and smack the crap out of him.

2. Use it for crowd control (especially with Rising Fury, confuse is the best SE for large crowds)

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

On 2007-01-25 22:05, Alisha wrote:
    wouldnt guntecher be better with them having zodial/zodeel plus their nice gun pp regeneration. that is of course assuming mechgun PP is at least as good online as it is off.
    Wouldn't a Fortegunner have access to Zodial/Zodeel/Shifta/Zalure thanks to, I dunno, Fortetecher/Guntecher/Wartecher in the party anyways?

OH, are we talking about solo? For some dumb reason?

Yeah, Fortegunner.

I posted this on the Ranger topic

About Mechguns, start reconsider them, especially if you are a fortegunner.

The boost mechguns got in jp version is higher than 15%. It actually reach +30%

The bullets ( in fire case ) starts from 111% instead of 101% at level 1. And Get a small bonus either at 11 and 21. Then after level 21, it usually stopped increasing at 125% dmg, now in JP it gets a boost of 2% dmg per level, reaching at level 30 155% bonus dmg! Also the PP cost is less now in JP and the elemental % is 20 at bullet level 21+

Now let's do the math

Let's pretend you are a level 70 Cast 10 Fortegunner with rougly 600 ATP

600 ATP + 55 ATP ( Mechgun ) + 145 ATP ( Solid Power S ) = 800 ATP

800 * 155% = 1240

1240 = 248 dmg per hit unbuffed
    *20% against elemental weak = 297 dmg per hit unbuffed
    *20% with lvl 3 Shifta = 356 dmg per hit buffed

A mechguns can easily dear 3 or 4 hits in the time of a Single Rifle shot. So if you do 350 dmg per hit ( of course you will do less due to DFP ) this means you're dealing like 1400 dmg in the time of a single Rifle Shot.

I'm finding Mechguns very strong even now without the PA rebalancing.
    My fortegunner is lvl 45/4, I deal 130-150 dmg per hit with my lvl 26 Fire Mechgun Bullet.

What mechgun are you using, and if its grindable, how much is it grinded?

im using a 9* drumline but my pa is only around a 12 and i hit in the 140's on element advantage and arond155-120 on everything else. but im a lvl 68 fighgunner 9. i dont know who they are best for but i know i like em.

Primrose Syndicate Admin

I like it a lot with a dagger, but that being said, I won't use anything below the 9* one, because honestly the others just dry up on PP WAY too fast to be at all useful in my opinion, but I can actually sustain it for quite a while on fortegunner using a drumline and the original dagger PA.