Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

srry if this is reapetedly being asked, but ive encountered those rare monsters twice in a c rank mission and not one of them droped it. (if they do)

Yes.

The Black Heart is a rare special drop. Although I don't know the exact percentage, it's probably a 5% or less chance that they'll drop it.

So far, I've killed 38 of the Darbelans, and only 1 dropped a Heart. (Yes, this happened on C Rank.) 8 of them dropped Copernia, 6 of them dropped an Olpad, the rest dropped money, normal loot, or nothing at all.

Heh it's funny how I encountered these guys on my very first run through HIVE and I had no idea they were rare until I looked at a few threads the next day. Unfortunately no drop but they did give a lot of EXP. >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AngelofEnders on 2007-02-03 18:42 ]</font>
    Perfect Spiral | Beast
    Cygnus | Newman
    Enders | Cast

Does the ratio of dropping the black heart go up if you do higher ranks?
    Like, if you do it on B or A, your chance is better that they drop one then it would be on C? I know it worked that way in PSO a lot, is it the same here?

The Legendary Booma Seducer

No idea but there is no increase in the chance of getting Rappies by doing a higher difficulty so I doubt it, all the people I've spoke to on Live found their blackhearts doing C runs. I must of done 200+ restarts trying to get the rare maps (C runs) and I'm still yet to even see a Darbelan. Out of boredom and frustration I did a single Unsafe Passage run and got two Rappy Amure so at least that's something.

I'll probably give up on the Blackheart hunt, most people are selling them in their shops for 1m+ but the price will come down in time as more are found.

Yay, first post!

It's only taken me 5+ years of lurking here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cerberus1981 on 2007-02-03 20:53 ]</font>

The Magnanimous Guardian Magician's Avatar

10hrs of DS runs and not a single Darbelan.

So sad, so frustrating.

On 2007-02-03 20:46, Cerberus1981 wrote:

I'll probably give up on the Blackheart hunt, most people are selling them in their shops for 1m+ but the price will come down in time as more are found.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cerberus1981 on 2007-02-03 20:53 ]</font>
    Are you on XBOX?? theres no way they are in player shops and if they were theyd be mils upon mils to buy on PC/PS2 like ridiculous millions i mean too ..

Cpt. of the Phashion Police

On 2007-02-05 05:12, Magician wrote:
    10hrs of DS runs and not a single Darbelan.

So sad, so frustrating.
    I. Feel. Your. Pain.

I had Myself and three friends all in seperate parties and during the 3 hours we did this, we only got 1 rare map. Thats prolly well over 600+ runs of nothing. I gave up on it, i rather just buy it, and save my energy for mass hunting Whitill Wings.

<3

Magician also knows my pain as well. I feel for anybody who can't seem to get Random Maps to pop and spend all that time doing it. What's worse, is that often you feel like you're truly slowing your process of class levelling, in that very act.

That's why I don't really have the patience for that much popping, anymore. The only time I generally would do it, at that level, is if it is a temporarily available thing. I'm going to hate hunting for Amor Rappies. I can see it already.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-02-05 08:02 ]</font>
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.