Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Resident loon
    So far outside the box I wrapped back around.

come on, what game would u replace PSU for? PSU has the best gameplay an online game has ever had! Try all these mmprpg's with their CLICK-CLICK DIABLO GAME PLAY STYLE....Oh i just cant stand them.
    Actually PSU plays a lot more like diablo then most mmos with its dungeon crawl feel, and the fast paced combat style thats leaps above auto attack hope your stats are better mmo clones of the day. I miss though the joys of the red box or rare drop from pso that also made diablo 2 a joy to play.

But to answer your question, city of heroes hands down. I still play that along with PSU and love every moment of it. Great design, and very "inspired" to borrow a word gameplay to boot. And like PSU a much more skill driven then stat/equipment driven game. That and well its good to have two games when one does feel too jobish or i get a lil burned out on grinds.

PSU's playable but Sega's lack of customer support, and lack of any real noticable effort to get rid of hacks is not going to get the game to a 9 in my book alone. I mean using a security system thats been known to be a script kiddie target from past experience, and is the same thing used by maple story and gunbound for a pay MO? -1 right there folks. Every mmo company should learn by now make it all server side, not try to band aid with something like GG. -1 for also not taking better action to get rid of real problems, but the swimsuit glitch is an epic threat. And only giving people who deserved rightly a perma ban stick only 1 week for those S ranks.

-0.5 for the terminally flawed synth system as well. I'm sorry but when you fail 11 times in a row on 6* items that show 50% success rates, then something is flat out off with your random number generator and your luck scale. Much less trying to finish any rare item board in a screwed up economy without weeks of copernia farming or abusing photon prices to buy equally overpriced ones. And small wonder this drives away some people from the game. You shouldn't need pure PM's and the million+ it entails just to make semi decent items for yourself. Period.

-0.5 for the mass level gaps and what stat differences we do have limiting a bit of outside the box building. AKA female newman figunners, like my main, just having a rougher time then they should. And limiting the solobility of maps when you don't feel like finding a party, unless you massivily outlevel it. Train rescue A I get creamed, and yet B is a snooze as I get hit for 0. Same with any map, you may meet the level requirement, but it's not worth trying till you're a good 5-10 levels above that. I mean doesn't this seem just a wee bit off to anyone else? That's lack of "polish" right there.

Good game? Eh maybe I think more average. But Personally I feel a 7.5 is about spot on, it's fun, but it's not outstanding. Definitly not game of the year material unless they shape things up more, and I don't just mean massive hp leveled enemies in SSS missions we need +10 weapons of uberdoombrickstick to even dent in palette swap #27 [/sarcasm]

But I will say this, they'll get another two or three months out of me maybe. I have a total blast playing with my circle of friends (uni 2 scares me =p ) and we do help eachother out a ton. One has three pure PM's now. But if things stay the way they are now, It'll probably be just CoH for me.

im on 360 so hax wouldn't affect my score of the game and i dont have a problem with the synthing system, it works like it should.

as for mass lvl gaps - this is an mmo where your meant to play in a party to get things done. it makes sense to me that you can only solo a missin if you go a rank below. what would be the point of having 6 man parties if everyone could easily do the mission themselves once they reached the lvl requirement, know what i mean?

lol 9/10
    these guys are crazy

can i play city of heroes with a controller? just curiosity =p

anyway i think psu deserves at leats an 8.0!

On 2007-02-05 09:52, Almalexia wrote:
    REAL MMOs are designed to soak up time.
    Nope. Some (City of Heroes, PSU) are designed to be entertainment rather than a babysitting service. Remember, kids: MMO does not stand for "Mummy's Monitors Online".

dude i don't know what's with you guys about failed synths... i have a GH450 @ lv 100... i synth like <50% synth rate A ranks like success more than half of the time... I've never failed a crea synth either... something is wrong with YOU not the game -_-'''