View Poll Results: Would you be willing to participate and for how long?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Silly goose! I have no life! I can play all day!

2 9.09%
  • Sign me up! I can do 8-10+ hours easy.

3 13.64%
  • Sure. 6-8 hours probably.

5 22.73%
  • I can play. 4-6 hours.

3 13.64%
  • Why not? 1-4 hours is doable.

5 22.73%
  • No thanks. If I could, 1-4 hours sounds ok.

1 4.55%
  • Negative. I usually clock 4-8 hours a day though.

1 4.55%
  • Not for me but I get in 8+ hours of game time.

0 0%
  • Waffles, tasty waffles! With lots of syrup!

2 9.09%
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

UNFORTUNATELY THE TOUR DE GURHAL IS CANCELED DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST

IMPORTANT LINKS
    Original Thread
    Team Assignment Method
    Entry Fee/Prizes
    Sign-ups

--------------------------------------------------

The basic idea behind this is to have teams race to complete all 24 currently available free missions, on the highest difficulty possible, competing for cash and (maybe) prizes!

Now I like the Democratic process, so I want as many rules/regulations as possible to be voted on by contestants. I would like to see it span multiple days as not to drive people insane, but once again, I'll leave that up to the participants to decide later on.

Before we get into that however, we would need some actual participants. So I need anyone interested to let me know whether you would like to participate. If you would like to participate, then estimate how long you would be available per day. Even if this doesn't sound like your cup of tea, gimme an approximation of how long you could play. Any extra info helps!

Now I know we all have hectic schedules and you may not be able to play on a given day, but give your best possible guess.

--------------------------------------------------
    ***TENTATIVE RULES***
    (Subject to change)

HOW IT WORKS
    Your registered characters are placed into 1 of 4 Divisions based on character level. Within each Division are Teams. Teams are parties composed of 5 players selected from within your Division. Players will not be allowed to join more than one(1) team within a division.

Teams will compete against each other in a race to complete all currently available missions on a difficulty corresponding to your Division. A cumulative total of completion times for every mission will be kept. The Team with the lowest cumulative completion time within each Division will be the winners of their Division. You do NOT have to S rank each mission! You are going for the fastest completion time possible!

TEAM ASSIGNMENT
    As the poll regarding how Teams should be assigned ended in a draw, Teams will be assigned as follows:

Team Leaders will choose two other members to be on his/her Team. After all Teams of 3 has been established, 1 member will be assigned randomly, then the Team Leaders will select 1 member from the pool of remaining players, starting with the lowest level Team Leaders in each Division.

ELIGIBILITY
    [*] Participants do not have to be PSOW members.
    [*] Each qualifying team must have a Team Leader/Captain to report completion times. Completion times must be reported to me (Sychosis) in game, via XBL, or PM on PSOW.
    [*] You MUST meet the minimum level requirements, and cannot exceed the maximum level for your Division AT THE BEGINNING OF THE COMPETITION in order to participate. NO EXCEPTIONS.

EXCEEDING THE LEVEL CAP
    Should a teammate's level exceed the level cap for their Division before the conclusion of the Tour de Gurhal, a time penalty will be added on to the scores for all runs afterwards for that Team. The penalties will vary by leg and will be multiplied for Teams with 2 or more members exceeding the cap and/or Teams with members exceeding the cap by more than 1 level.

Example: If the penalty for a given leg is 8 seconds, a team will have 8 seconds added onto their times if one party member is 1 level higher than the cap. 16 seconds if two members are 1 level above the cap, and 16 seconds if one member is 2 levels above the cap.

OFF HOUR RUNS
    To make this event as large as possible Teams who are unable to make it to official meets are able to request an off hour run at any time after an official meet has ended until Midnight EST the night before the next official meet.

If your Team can be fit in after a meet but before a weekday (M-F) there will be no charge. To run a leg during a weekday however, there will be a small fee to pay per teammate.

Please do not expect to always be able to run a leg during the week. While I myself am usually available, there will be times when I, or any staff members, will be unable to accompany your team.

The fees will be outlined further below.

DIVISIONS
    In the interest of fairness, Teams will compete against each other in Divisions. Basically, Divisions separate Teams by level ranges and difficulty levels. Each Division spans roughly 14 levels with each minimum being the lowest level a character can accept ALL missions within their given difficulty.

Rogue Division
    Eligible Character Levels: 10-24
    Players in the Rogue Division compete in C difficulty missions.

Communion Division
    Eligible Character Levels: 25-39
    Players in the Communion Division compete in B difficulty missions.

AMF Division
    Eligible Character Levels: 40-54
    Players in the AMF Division compete in A difficulty missions.

Guardians Division
    Eligible Character Levels: 55+
    Players in the Guardians Division compete in S difficulty missions.

APPLICABLE FEES
    Registration Fees
    You must pay a registration fee for every character who participates.

Registration fees vary by Division as follows:

Guardians Division - 15,000m
    AMF Division - 10,000m
    Communion Division - 7,500m
    Rogue Division - 5,000m

Off hour run fees vary by Division as follows:

Guardians Division - 1,500m per teammate
    AMF Division - 1,000m per teammate
    Communion Division - 750m per teammate
    Rogue Division - 500m per teammate

If a player wishes to participate with multiple characters he/she must pay a separate registration fee for each character participating.

All fees are used for payouts to the winners of each Division.

MISSION ORDER
    Aurelianis suggested this basic map split into 2 legs per planet with as little overlapping and mission canceling as possible:

Guardian's Colony:
    Group 1(2): Unsafe Passage, Fight For Food
    Group 2(1): Dark Satellite

Parum:
    Group 1(3): Mad Creatures, Sleeping Warriors, Plains Overlord
    Group 2(5): Train Rescue, Lab Recovery, The Mad Beasts, Endrum Remnants, The Dual Sentinel

Neudaiz:
    Group 1(4): Forested Islands, Grove of Fanatics, Rainbow Beast, The Holy Ground
    Group 2(3): Mizuraki Defense, Moonlight Beast, Demons Above

Moatoob:
    Group 1(3): System Defense, Desert Terror, Tunnel Recapture
    Group 2(3): Valley of Carnage, Mine Defense, Desert Goliath

CHEATING
    Anyone found cheating, whether by fellow participants, myself, or a moderator, will forfeit any previously paid meseta. An entire Team may be disqualified at my discretion if a teammate is found cheating.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-02-28 12:31 ]</font>

...explain the premise of this event, please.

It's hard enough to get constant parties going, as it is. It may be a higher demand than most can make.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

I am so on this.

Well all the details are up in the air. I want to keep it as community run as possible so nothing is really set in stone. I can however give you the rules as *I* would like them if you want.

And yes, I know. It is quite a daunting task, which is why I want to see how much interest there is. The way I would like it set up would see every person who has participated on a team, no matter the number of missions, would get a cut. There will most likely be an entry fee (as I'm one broke bastid ) so if you really can't devote the time, you may lose money, even if you participated in the winning team(s).

I would also like to see it split over at least 2 days like I said.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-02-05 11:29 ]</font>

Yo, mad support...drink a quart then bamboo Itchee's Avatar

If we're talkin about doin this on tha weekend....I might be down...
    Itchee: PSP2 - RAcast

I can play 4-6 hours on a weekday and all day on a weekend ^.^

Good idea, Sychosis. I MIGHT be able to do this on a weekend, it's a big might though.

It seems pretty hard though, because some teams might be made up of all level 70 members, while some teams might just be made of a bunch of level 55-60 chars. Some missions are nearly impossible to do on S rank for a team just at the minimum level requirement.

We'll have to figure out some way of balancing out ranks to accurately suit team levels.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: omegapirate2k on 2007-02-05 11:52 ]</font>

That's the spirit! I want to try to get as many details as possible hammered out by friday. This likely won't take place until the 24th at the earliest, so if you want to play, better get training!

Questions, comments, suggestions, criticisms, flames? Let me know! I'm a man...I can take it!

lolDiads
    If Diad was a planet in PSU, I'd live there

There's no way I'd be able to level up fast enough to be able to effectively participate, but I shall be in the area to strut nonetheless!