To cover this: Not buying a 360.

I've considered going to the JP version but I want to know what is required of it.

Need japanese debit card?
    Need japanese PS2?(probably stupid question)

This already feels like it'll be hard.

I dont understand this IME thing, and I know no japanese, but I have a friend who can help me with that.

FYI - not going through the same crap that I did with PSO and tired of falling with the ship.

ime is pc.
    you'll need a japanese or a modded ps2 to play japanese ps2-games.

i guess you need a japanese kb to actually access ime-esque functions on ps2.

you'll definitely need a japanese credit card / debit card or a netcash account. a trustworthy friend that also trusts you and lives over there would make things 10 times easier for you.

i guess other people have more input on that.

anyway, good luck.
    「愛と空の女王様」を言でもいい。 We are Heroes. This is what we do!

On 2007-02-10 04:13, Almalexia wrote:
    To cover this: Not buying a 360.

I've considered going to the JP version but I want to know what is required of it.

Need japanese debit card?
    Need japanese PS2?(probably stupid question)

This already feels like it'll be hard.

I dont understand this IME thing, and I know no japanese, but I have a friend who can help me with that.

FYI - not going through the same crap that I did with PSO and tired of falling with the ship.
    1. The first 30 days are free and the only thing you need to get online is by CD key

2. You can pay PSU by netcash or by japanese credit card

3. The only way to get netcash is to get it from a fellow player

4. We have an active importer irc channel. Go here to learn how to connect:
    http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.p...16260&forum=20

5. There are people in the channel that will hook you up with netcash through paypal

6. IME is easy to setup and mostly every PC can activate. Come to the channel and myself or someone else will help you walk through it

7. You do not need to know an ounce of japanese in order to be able to fully play the game. The only time you would need to know any is if you hope to interact with japanese players. My knowledge of japanese is near zero and I never feel that it gets in the way of my enjoyment. Go here:
    http://www.ichigo.se/kanaflash/kana.swf
    Check the katakana bubble. Uncheck the "double" and "accented" boxes. Do 200 problems a day until you learn basic katana(should only take you a few days). Once you have basic memorized, move onto accented katakana. This should only take you a day to learn.
    After you have accented katakana down, you are done!

8. Good Luck! And I hope to see you in the irc channel and ingame soon

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kamica on 2007-02-10 07:59 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kamica on 2007-02-10 08:02 ]</font>

Thanks for your help. I had to mess with several of my long time inactive paypal accounts before I found the one I issued my debit card under ;. I should be in the irc channel in a couple of minutes.

Burning Ranger

Cool. And online PSU doesn't work with a modded PS2 btw. You actually need a Japanese machine. I'm guessing your on pc though.

-Jools