Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sorry i haven't been able to get online yet but was curious what the hell cheaters do. From the sound of some of the forum posts people act like characters have some sort of steal action. I assume its usually trades going wrong by putting items on the ground and people not being honest. So any info on how to avoid cheaters would be appreciated, thanx

Okay, here goes. Talk to the person first. If they sound like an utter idiot and yell everything they say, they're probably stupid enough to steal. So, not like I'm saying accuse them automatically, but just equip a less valuable weapon and watch what they do. If they run around destroying boxes and not helping you with enemies, not only are they mean, but chances are they'll happily snatch your stuff if you die. I'll think of some more advice later.

As above, but with additions:

1: One hit wonders. They hit every enemy once. And only once. (Ensuring they gain experience through your efforts.)

2: Give or Die. They begin a conversation by DEMANDING you give them 'Weapon X'.

3: Show me yours and I'll show you mine. They want to see what the weapon stats on your weapon are, requiring you to drop it so they can 'look' at it.

4: Grabby hands. They take anything and everything laying around, often at the expense of survival.

5: Mysterious disappearance. Here comes the boss, where'd they go? They never take on a boss on the grounds that they could lose something cool.

6: Pipe envy. Every time they collect more than 1000 meseta, they pipe out and deposit it. Note: It's okay to pipe out if your inventory is full and you are looking at lots of rooms to go through before you finish. Just lets not pipe out every room, okay?

7: Conversationally challenged. Do these people say anything beyond the kindergarten level? A certain fascination with getting the system to print 'naughty' words should be noted.

8: Rush rush baby. They are always running ahead of you, grabbing boxes and items from up ahead before you even see the inside of the next room.

9: Story? What story? They haven't got a clue what the game story is, nor do they care to find out. And with a story as minimal as PSO's, that's unfogiveable.

These are just some of the signs. While these do not necessarily constitute cheating, anyone who exhibits more than two symptoms ought to be regarded as a genuine risk to you and your hard won items.

Mr_Six

Why would it be necessary to equip low weapons? I assume the only way they can jack you is if you die, right?

Rappy Hunter

Right...and eventually you WILL die sometime down the road...and will lose everything.

Banned

Well some players take items when people die so that the people will not lose them. then they give it back when they get a chance. but if you do that then you should tell everyone first so they don't hate u.

And some people run into the next room so they can try to kill more. Which explains why I don't have any of the items I'm looking for.. spend all my time killing the monsters.. but I have been able to get to lvl 58 in a week... so I guess its not all for naught.

MR.Six, I know you already said that your list doesn't generaly point a cheater out... I just want to point out that having two or more of those qualitys still doesn't generaly mean your a cheat.

I on occassion ask someone if I can "see" thier weapon... and for two diffrent reasons... 1. I want to know the stats... if I can equip it if down the road I find one. or 2. If I have grinders and I am willing to help someone better thier weapon (I know giving them the grinder is easier... it's just... I'm a blonde and often always forget at the time ). But I ALWAYS give the item back, or... in some cases... give them another item with better stats.

also... I don't really classify this as a one hit wonder... but in a group of enemies I always cast Jellen... I still get experience even if I don't hit it... but thats not the reason I do it. Jellen helps the team cut down large groups faster... which is also why I use your "rush baby rush" tactic... usually monsters spawn in a room close together... and then seperate as the battle heats up... it's not easy casting Jellen when the enemies are five miles apart.

and finally, that last point is kinda odd... I'm not sure anyone has a full grip on the games story... sure they understand Your a hunter, and your mission is to find out what happened to Pioneer 1 and red wing rico, but how many of you actually do the online quests? Most games I join are games where people have one goal.... kill the bosses. so I guess in a way alot of people are guilty of the last description.

You guys complain a lot keeping in mind pso cheating compared to the cheating that goes on in games like diablo.

Whenever I trade with someone, I usually suggest that we exchange guild cards. Still doesn't guarantee that they won't cheat ya, but it does give you some recourse should the deal go sour.