View Poll Results: If you could fight one of the four original (Dreamcast v.1) bosses from PSO in PSU which one would y

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Original Dragon

3 3.49%
  • De Rol Le

37 43.02%
  • Vol Opt

12 13.95%
  • Dark Falz

34 39.53%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

None. Don't wish for somthing you already beat up.

I agree with the last 4 posters.

Agreed, with the majority of the sentiments above.

Likes Swords...

If they must add one, I say De Rol Le, just because there doesn't seem to be any similiar bosses in PSU.

Let's Get Physical!

Theres no harm in original bosses, just gives you more missions to complete and bosses to defeat. oh look that rhymed ------ Bring out the Dark Falz! Theres something about destroying giant worms i find unsettling.

On 2007-02-25 20:39, A2K wrote:
    None of them, to be honest. They should stay right where they are--right where they belong.
    Seconded.

If you want to fight them, go play PSO.

If Dark Falz makes a return as a boss in PSU - then he should be an entirely new creation, and not a clone of PSO's incarnation. Dark Falz is the ONLY PSO boss that would actually be justified in making a return - since PSU is thus far the only major release Phantasy Star which does NOT include Dark Falz/Dark Force. Dulk Fakis doesn't quite cut it.

But then, I'm not sure if Dark Falz/Force would even fit into PSU's theme. The SeeD thus far are presented to the players as a biological alien infection. Dulk Fakis is simply the form large SeeD growth's aquire when infused with large amounts of A-Photons, which is why they're most often found around the reactor cores. Dark Falz/Force in PSO/PS were spiritual entities of great power. Ancient Evils reawoken much like Chutulu. They were, in their own right, gods of destruction and torment who manipulated and twisted human desires to serve their own purpose. They fed and grew strong on the flow of emotions like hatred, jelousy, and fear, and thus tried to expound these emotions subtly from the seclusion of their Pandora's Box until the time was right to free the epicenter of their power - the Profound Darkness.

Adding a force like that into PSU would be (thus far) completely contradictory to the tone and theme of Phantasy Star Universe.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Let's Get Physical!

I think it would be good to expand on the seed idea, i have a feeling if they keep playing on the same story for too long without ever introducing something new or different people will become bored, at least thats my view.

The further PSU is from PSO the better. Don't want Sega to destroy one of the few good games they made

Different Universes, and adding PSO bosses in PSU would be stupid- since they all connect with the story D:

I don't know, I just don't think you could engineer the bosses from PSO into PSU, and come out with a good result. The games are too different..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2007-02-26 03:34 ]</font>

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

On 2007-02-26 03:32, UrikoBB3 wrote:
    The further PSU is from PSO the better. Don't want Sega to destroy one of the few good games they made

Different Universes, and adding PSO bosses in PSU would be stupid- since they all connect with the story D:

I don't know, I just don't think you could engineer the bosses from PSO into PSU, and come out with a good result. The games are too different..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2007-02-26 03:34 ]</font>
    And the fact that due to PAs like Tornado Dance, and even Rising strike, a well placed PA could wipe out the bosses off PSO in a hit, because they're all multi-hit. (with the possible exception of Dark Fonz.)