Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

From the looks of the picture on the front page the mags (at least to me) seems like it could be a left handed weapon. While this wouldn't mean so much as far as pure force classes are concerned, if this is the case (and the mag is below S rank) I can see this opening a world of possibilities for the hybrid tech classes. I would imagine a Wartecher or Guntecher (probably Wartecher the most) would be able to make great use of a Mag+melee weapon combination. As a Guntecher with melee skill capped at 10 I personally still think I could find uses for this combination if that is indeed what the mag is bringing to the table. Any thoughts regarding this possibility and the potential surrounding it? Sorry if this has been posted before but I could not find one similar to it when using the search function.

i think it should be a universal weapon, like the single Saber

every class can use!
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

this is what I suspect both the Slicer and Madoog's are meant for. Since the current formula for PSU's weapons is, everything ranged in left hand, everything technic or melee in right, this basically gimps (and is the actual reason I chose NOT to play as) wartechers, and to a lesser extent, guntechers. Meaning that madoogs are gonna be a wartechers best freind. and slicers will be useful for just about anyone, but could be especially nice WITH the madoogs simply because they can both be equipped on the same pallete slot.

The only thing I wish is that they would now introduce a melee weapon for the left hand. I seriously fail to see why whips werent chosen for this, but maybe theres going to be another weapon to fill that position.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

Why does everyone keep thinking they're Tech weapons?

On 2007-03-03 20:07, RyukiZero wrote:
    um, becuase they actually read?

Weapons Types - Three new weapon types including a Photon Whip, Slicer, and the Madoog. The Madoog is a left-handed TECHNIC weapon that resembles a Phantasy Star Online Mag. Known Madoogs include the Soniti and Sato.
    and to the OP, I think that's the point of these, to allow easier supporting for WT and GT.

edit: to Rashid, why would it be universal when only 3 classes can use techs. that'd kill the point of being a -techer class wouldn't it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EphekZ on 2007-03-03 20:11 ]</font>
    Call me a safe bet. I'm betting I'm not.
    I'm glad that you can forgive.
    Only hoping as time goes, you can forget.

Why does everyone keep thinking that WT and GT are gonna get them?
    (dont say 'because it makes sense' becauz this game is called PHANTASY Star, so its not supposta make sunse)
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

On 2007-03-03 20:10, EphekZ wrote:
    On 2007-03-03 20:07, RyukiZero wrote:
    um, becuase they actually read?

Weapons Types - Three new weapon types including a Photon Whip, Slicer, and the Madoog. The Madoog is a left-handed TECHNIC weapon that resembles a Phantasy Star Online Mag. Known Madoogs include the Soniti and Sato.
    Just to note, this information originally came from EspioKaos in this post:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.p...rt=180&200#197

regardless if the two classes don't get them, they're force weps. so there's no point trying to be witty with your stupid comeback.
    Call me a safe bet. I'm betting I'm not.
    I'm glad that you can forgive.
    Only hoping as time goes, you can forget.

On 2007-03-03 20:12, Rashiid wrote:
    Why does everyone keep thinking that WT and GT are gonna get them?
    (dont say 'because it makes sense' becauz this game is called PHANTASY Star, so its not supposta make sunse)
    Considering they're the only classes that would have a use for them. Wartecher, Guntecher, Fortetecher and Force are the only classes that can use TECHNICs.
    PSO2 - Katagai [Ship 2]

I would think that a one handed TECHNIC capable weapon that the hybrid tech classes could not use would be a pretty unfortunate situation. I am, however, doing nothing but wanting to discuss the potential behind such a weapon if infact WT and GT can use them. I even included text specifying that I believe the weapons would have to be below S rank for such discussion to even be valid.