Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

So when I originally got PSU in October, i played through the story mode before playing online. Now one thing that made me giddy with delight, and then eventually crush that, was Melvore.

Y'see, when they introduce the abandoned city of Melvore in the cutscene, you see Maya, Karen, and Ethan in a cockpit flying over a GIANT ABANDONED GHOST TOWN. Which to me sounded like the coolest environment ever, because every other area in PSU is a claustrophobic series of corridors, and the idea that wed get this giant sprawling cityscape to explore and fight swaths of inhabiting creatures sounded awesome.

So you can imagine my disapointment when i find myself running through a convoluted power grid with really nothing interesting, when right above me there is an awesome city.

And then I saw this photo on the frontpage:

Now most people that saw this screenshot went "Ooh! PHOTON WHIPS! =D" and dont get me wrong, photon whips are indeed quite awesome, but look CLOSER. At the environment!

Thats an abandoned city if I ever saw one! Even if its not Mellvore, I DONT CARE! Its still one of the biggest things im looking forward too.

Anywho, apart from the obvious PSO areas, what would you guys like to see come with the expansion?
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

A caseal contruction lab, someplace on the guardians colony...

I wanna see someplace with rain...

Making a Mega Man clone! Check it out! http://gigaguygame.blogspot.com/

I felt the same way, Niered. I was hoping that Mellvore would be an aboveground city area. I wasn't expecting it to be condensed into the seabed labs under the city. At least with Ambition of Illuminus we'll get to run wild in the streets of the destroyed city of Rozenom!

The Mormegil

Well, we already get to run through the ruins underneath Melvore. It only makes sense that we get to fight above it finally.

On 2007-03-03 20:19, Turambar wrote:
    Well, we already get to run through the ruins underneath Melvore. It only makes sense that we get to fight above it finally.
    Except this isn't Mellvore. According to the recent Famitsu article where most of our Ambition of Illuminus information has been gathered, this is actually the remnants of Rozenom City. (Sorry to nitpick. Just clearing things up some. )

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2007-03-03 20:27 ]</font>

Actually, I'd like to see some of the following:

- Arctic tundra areas (that lobby at Moatoob has to go somewhere....)
    - Savannah grasslands (similar to those in Africa) where monsters can pop out any moment and you see only the largest ones from a distance
    - A river basin (as in a mission in one) where you'd have to fight your way down (or up) the river to get to the goal. The area can look like the Amazon, or a river canyon on Parum. For a challenge on this, you'd have to navigate your way around whitewater as well.
    - Lunar landscape. There's got to be moons, asteroids and planetoids around which we could run. The Guardians can issue some sort of life support unit which lets you move around safely in a vaccuum, but that's about it.

Those are just some of my ideas.

On 2007-03-03 20:27, EspioKaos wrote:
    On 2007-03-03 20:19, Turambar wrote:
    Except this isn't Mellvore. According to the recent Famitsu article where most of our Ambition of Illuminus information has been gathered, this is actually the remnants of Rozenom City. (Sorry to nitpick. Just clearing things up some. )
    I suspect the location team will take the easy way out and call it Mellvore. No hard evidence for this, just a hunch.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shinzakura on 2007-03-04 17:11 ]</font>

I hope we get Seabed and CCA from PSO Ep2, they were so cool, the dark flooded corridors of Seabed were easily one of the coolest level designs I've seen, and Central Control, with the misty fog and stormy sky, it seemed so forboding...