I'm moving abroad soon, and I'd like to take my Wii along with me (I've an extensive library of Gamecube games and it just makes more sense to not have to rebuy those in the region to which I'm heading). I'm wondering what the feasibility of doing so is.

I've been told that most modern PAL/SECAM sets will accept input from NTSC a/v devices. Although I'm not entirely sure what "modern" means (<5 years old?) and I'm not sure how the resolution differences between the standards will affect gameplay.

This seems like it should be a simple question to answer, but I can't seem to figure it out. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

By the by, hiya to anyone I used to play with all those years ago! If you remember me, make sure to PM me or somethin' since, hey, it's been a while and I always love reconnecting with people. :j

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Some TVs support input from NSTC devices. You'll just have to try and see unfortunately. Although even if it doesn't work there are video adapters available. You may have to do your own research for prices and and degradation in video quality since I've never had to purchase one. I have heard that there may be some aspect ratio issues though since PAL has a higher vertical resolution than NSTC. Hope this helps

If the TV is younger than, say, tten years, I don't expect it not to be able to display NTSC. I certainly don't recall having had trouble in a number of households.
    If you're not taking your tv, that probably means you're getting a new one in your PAL region. If so, just ask about it, in the shop. I assume it could be different from model to model, but I wouldn't worry about it. You should be fine.
    (Buy your PS3 now, to avoid the Emotion Engine-less PAL models! )

HOLY SHIT! Border! I didn't think I'd ever see you around here again!

How ya been?

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!