Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

what other taseful, non-demonic like (if you will...), easy to get into, action type online RPG (or MMPORGS, hope I said it right...) do you recommend for some newbies? They have to have a really, really, really, good money system, a lot of stuff to buy, see and do; however, be simple enought to get into, for the casual gamer. Now me myself, I doesn't matter, but for my wife...it does. For example, had to get rid of Diablo. Kind of wanted to get rid of it myself and beat it too, but you get the point. She LOVED PSO (gamecube ver.), when she first started it, but got bored with it, because there's only so much to do. The main reasons for the initial intrest, was leveling her characters, getting money, buying/selling stuff, and...did I mention she liked to get money? I don't need the latest and greatest RPG, because I DO NOT want to run into the issue of not being able to play the game. So, for what it's worth, please help a brother out...thanks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shoutout33 on 2007-03-20 15:03 ]</font>

Call me if theres any E-Drama

I got into World Of Warcraft pretty easily.
    Unfortunatly i canceled it because PSU came out.
    So i guess i suggest that

Rappelz is good if you like a game that is free, crashes frequently, and has a boob-physics engine. The only other games I know of are way too heavy on the grinding to be considered casual-friendly.

I've been playing Lost Planet <3

On 2007-03-20 15:25, VioletSkye wrote:
    Diablo 2
    Not quite non-demonic, but yeah. This is probably the best online action/RPG I know of, other than PSO/U. There's also Neverwinter Nights, which is a really good series, but "non-demonic"... We're talking D&D here, so you're more or less bound to hear talk of a demon sometime. :/

Although, the only "MMO" type of online action/RPG I can think of, is RYL... Which isn't that great (or at least, wasn't in beta).

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

AKA "Nougami" and "Roar"

I'm seconding Dikkyray and saying World of Warcraft.

Its easy and fun to get into. Hell, I still play it, between my bouts of PSU.

I just recommend for newbie players to start off on a PVE (player vs. environment) server rather than a PVP (player vs. player) server. PVP servers are for hardcore psychotic players under the age of 18 who play all day long, are unemployed and love to harass other gamers by killing them 24/7 repeatedly.

Thanks for the replies! Yeah, I figured that'd be tough. Well, what about online RPG's or MMPORG's that, if you will, act like action RPG's? For example, Final Fantasy for the PC, how does it play?

One RPG that we have been playing, is Grandia 2, on the Sega Dreamcast. Fun game, but what I noticed, is that she really gets into, leveling up the characters. Don't get me wrong, she likes the buying, selling, and even the strategy.

But man, I remember when we were deep in to PSO, she'd call me at work saying, "Sweetie, I FINALLY got my character to level up!" or "...Ooohhhh guess what I got today!" and my favorite, "I got another mag!!!" LOL!

So, I think that, even thought PSU isn't as deep as other games, the whole, create my character-level like hell-raise them mags concept, is what really gets her interested. I guarentee though, that once it get to where it take 2 weeks to level your character, and she's seen every mag at least once...it might be over. She also likes a good story too, so I hope PSU has a good story line as well. Ok...me shut-up now.

Spacepest is right! PvP is for the hormonally charged, over aggressive teenager who's too scared to vent his frustrations in the real world, so he turns to online games to do, what he thinks, validates his masculinity.

Edit:

On 2007-03-21 09:33, Shoutout33 wrote:
    Thanks for the replies! Yeah, I figured that'd be tough. Well, what about online RPG's or MMPORG's that, if you will, act like action RPG's? For example, Final Fantasy for the PC, how does it play?
    Oh God, you mean FFXI? Don't even bother. The game is designed to be a time sink to keep you playing longer than you want. If you get a party, you can't leave, because if you do, you'll screw over the five other people. If you're doing a quest or mission, you can't leave, because getting to the locations takes upward of two hours, and if you stop in the middle of it, you screw over your party, and are stranded in the middle of nowhere. The game is ran my the moon phase. If you're crafting on an ideal moon phase, you won't want to log off, because if you do, you'll have to strat crafting on a crappy moon phase and get worse results. If you're farming, or fishing on a good moon phase, the same applies. Not to mention if you want to craft, the crafting "guilds" are in different cities, so if you're in the wrong city, get ready to spend twenty minutes going to the next one. Same for farming, and fishing. Some of the best farming and fishing spots are in remote areas, so if you want to farm or fish, get ready for another twenty minute trek. And if you get bored while you're on location, farming, crafting, or fishing, you're going to want to head back to your hometown, or the main town so you can get a "quick start" when you log on again. So if you get forget a warp item, or you too low level to use a warp item, there's another twenty+ minute trek back home.

Avoid FFXI. It's designed to be a time sink, to keep you coming back, so they can get their $13 a month out of you. PSU is way more exciting. Boot it up whenever, start doing something immediately, and stop whenever you want.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Neggy on 2007-03-21 09:45 ]</font>

On 2007-03-21 09:37, Neggy wrote:
    Spacepest is right! PvP is for the hormonally charged, over aggressive teenager who's too scared to vent his frustrations in the real world, so he turns to online games to do, what he thinks, validates his masculinity.

Edit:

On 2007-03-21 09:33, Shoutout33 wrote:
    Oh God, you mean FFXI? Don't even bother. The game is designed to be a time sink to keep you playing longer than you want. If you get a party, you can't leave, because if you do, you'll screw over the five other people. If you're doing a quest or mission, you can't leave, because getting to the locations takes upward of two hours, and if you stop in the middle of it, you screw over your party, and are stranded in the middle of nowhere. The game is ran my the moon phase. If you're crafting on an ideal moon phase, you won't want to log off, because if you do, you'll have to strat crafting on a crappy moon phase and get worse results. If you're farming, or fishing on a good moon phase, the same applies. Not to mention if you want to craft, the crafting "guilds" are in different cities, so if you're in the wrong city, get ready to spend twenty minutes going to the next one. Same for farming, and fishing. Some of the best farming and fishing spots are in remote areas, so if you want to farm or fish, get ready for another twenty minute trek. And if you get bored while you're on location, farming, crafting, or fishing, you're going to want to head back to your hometown, or the main town so you can get a "quick start" when you log on again. So if you get forget a warp item, or you too low level to use a warp item, there's another twenty+ minute trek back home.

Avoid FFXI. It's designed to be a time sink, to keep you coming back, so they can get their $13 a month out of you. PSU is way more exciting. Boot it up whenever, start doing something immediately, and stop whenever you want.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Neggy on 2007-03-21 09:45 ]</font>
    I'm going to come in to the defense of FFXI. While it is designed to make you waste time, what game isn't? I simply say that he kind of over exagerates the game a bit. Sure, you spend a lot of time doing things, but it's actually insanely enjoyable when you get into it.