Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Without traps on ultimate you're screwed. My Andriod Ranger is having an much easier time than my Human Ranger. I'm having a little battle of the Rangers.

well techs can be used anywere (those who don't need target), so it is like doing damage at a safe distance.
    one thing i like about traps, some of them have 100% chance of freezing or confusing.....and 100% is awsome if you compare with techs.

Yeah, the freeze traps are badass.

But then, i can cast Level 15 RaBarta as many times as i want lol.

Traps are more useful but not better.

Traps allow andorids to progress, but if you have say a FOneweral or FOnewm with a lvl 20 Rabarta, they can cast it much more times, freeze them a percentage of the time (and lvl 20+ RA techs can cast QUICK) and they have one thing that traps don't do well in...

they can damage a significant ammount at high lvls.

Traps are useful, they get though the zones easily for low level characters (Ults...confuse traps...nuff said) Once you're high enough to hande the areas the traps become less needed and just slightly useful to help you through. (A lvl 200 cast won't NEED traps, but it sure as hell keeps them killing at a great pace.)

RAmar--> Only way to go!

Traps are nice but my RAmar is Much better than my RAcast. Once you can kill monsters in one combo with mechs (offline anyway) your strong enough to do just about anything so it doesnt matter that much. but with shifta you can get there faster. With a RAcast a spread needle works almost better than a freeze trap so they loose some tactical value. I like the techs for other reason to like using Refoie to clear rappys, or rabarta working kinda like a freeze trap cept not as much chance of freeze (either way its nice for keeping guys from surrounding you.) I think in the end a human ranger would be better but it depends on which one you are. i think RAmar is better than RAmarl.
    This is because even though the RAmarl gets higher techs (like shifta 20) the RAmar has 15 shifta with a higher base ATP i havent done the exact math so i dont konw whose stronger but the RAmar has the advantage of the highest ATA so thats why i like them. The only good parts about RAcast are besides the traps is really high ATP (but still no shifta) And the HP recovery. But along with that they have the reduced demon/devils specials which is another bonus fo human. I have a High lvl RAmar and RAcast and i think i like the RAmar better.

RAmarl is much stronger than the RAmar, but more tedious. She isn't AS strong as the RAmar with her S&D, but the J&Z she has boosts her much farther past him. (An almost un-fair boost) with defense and atp. It's just that you have to de-buff each group. Lvl 20 J&Z is easy to use since it has good range though, so she's better with power and just as accurate to a degree.

The Ramar is just better then her if you want a simple life in the game (Point and shoot sort of play, no real worry about weaknesses)

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Crap.
    This guy asked for it, saying that something is better than something else.
    As previously said before, traps and Techniques have advatages and disadvantages. Considering everyone seems to have already stated that, I will end here.

Or here

On 2007-03-29 11:07, bishop472003 wrote:
    Without traps on ultimate you're screwed.
    I have a LV154 HUney in Ultimate. Can she use traps? No. Yet she is doing perfectly fine.

Thus the statement is false.

Well you can't use Traps on a boss >_> but yes, traps are very effective. Freeze traps aren't the greatest in my opinion... I prefer the Confuse traps several times more than Freeze. The creatures on ultimate do alot of damage, why not take their ATP and make them use it against eachother? Besides... if you can't man-handle the enemies fast enough before the freeze wears off... then you probably have to just lay another one or have really good DFP to tank it. If you're in a place that you... technically aren't 100% capable of whooping... Confuse Traps do the job nicely, seeing it doesn't have to be based off your own attack capabilities.

But Techniques have countless potential as well, I wouldn't put traps > techs as much as i'd put techs > traps. Also, it seems you're comparing a RAmar's techs to a RAcast's traps xD
    Taking the class who has the lowest MST and tech lvl. capabilities isn't best for a comparison...

Sorry guys I was referring to a guy just making it to ultimate like me, I'm having a little battle or the Rangers remember who knows the Ramarl might win in the end.