Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Curious if there's an unofficial guide... or if anybody knows all the most effective SE's for individual enemy types. Also, the immunities for specific targets.

Recently switched to Protranser and traps are quite vital to me, so the SE's are very effective. I'm also using bullets for the right reason now <_> Elemental Damage is a joke, SE's are way more important IMO.

Anybody help me out? Plz and Ty

Call me if theres any E-Drama

First off, Ele damage is a joke?
    So thats why there is a FIVE HUNDRED damage difference when i use a 30% Dark axe against light enemies, verses another ele.

Anyhoo i say stick with virus. As i have seen so far, they affect every living enemy, save bosses

Notice I said bullet >_>
    Anyways <_> btw, u can only carry 5 G traps >_> so more info is definately needed.

EDIT: Maybe I shouldn't say joke, but if you put elemental bullets on a ranged-weapon for the mere purpose of doing more damage to certain targets... then that's kind of dumb imo.... Status effects end up doing more damage, Especially on stronger enemies. Burn, Poison, Virus... they all do damage based off the total HP of an enemy. If SE4 Burn does 1348 every couple seconds to a target with ALOT of HP ... are you telling me an extra couple hundred dmg per bullet is going to be more efective than that? <_> Doubt it...

Melee weapons are a different story though, I understand that elemental dmg is important. It explains why they cost a fortune too >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2007-03-29 15:24 ]</font>

Call me if theres any E-Drama

On 2007-03-29 14:59, MegamanX wrote:
    Notice I said bullet >_>
    Anyways <_> btw, u can only carry 5 G traps >_> so more info is definately needed.
    AH yea, bullet %'s are crap lol.
    Well, carry Infect weps as well. Or have trusted friends carry more G traps lol.
    Confuse, Burn, Freeze....
    I dunno lol. Im not a pro but my best friend is. All i know is that i think they work 100% of the time, so experiment. Sorry i cant be more of a help

Svm Inimicus Mali

Any of the large enemy/miniboss types such as Gol Dovas, Stateria, SEED Vances, and so on should be stuck with Virus or Burn (Virus preferably, though Burn might be easier to land with a weapon) ASAP.

Small ankle-biter types like Ageetas and Navals should probably be paralyzed with Lightning bullets. They haven't got the HP to make DoTs worthwhile, so you can do them a lot more damage by removing their ability to attack.

I can really only recommend trying to Silence Gohmons and Olgohmons. I can't think of any other enemy that actually uses TECHNICs enough to be severely crippled by Silence that can also actually be Silenced. One might think that Jarbas would be a prime candidate for it, but they're actually immune. With Gaozorans (the mages in the HIVE), you're better off trying to Confuse them-- not only do you get the elemental damage bonus, but a Confused Gaozoran's Megid won't affect you or your allies at all (so I hear).

If it's mechanical, it will never be affected by Poison or Burn. Use Infection instead.

The general rule is: use the status effect that lessens the enemy's greatest advantage. If they have tons of HP, apply a DoT. If they use a particular kind of attack almost exclusively, apply the SE that prevents them from using that kind of attack. If they run around like total nutballs (like Koltovas and Ollakas), Freeze them so your Forces stop whiffing their spells.

I see, So Virus primarily ftw. It's a real shame you can only carry so many traps :<
    Oh well, I usually carry Virus, Poison (incase i'm out of virus), Burn, Shock (just as you said, for enemies who need to not use physical attacks =X) Silence (same), and Damage (for Dragon or when i'm out of others)

It seems to be very effective, I wish there were more trap users. I am starting to see more people use bullets for status effects rather than damage though, that's always good

Thnx for the help

Only two non-cutscene enemies are immune to virus, Carriguine and Gol Dovas. You can burn Gol Dovas though.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Using the right element on an enemy is not foolish or wasteful. That extra couple hundred damage that you are doing will add up to 1300 damage VERY quickly, particularly if you are using a fast firing weapon like a rifle. Also, depending on the quality of a party you are in, there is no point sitting there using an off element to infect/burn something if its only going to die 10 seconds after you land the SE. You would have been better off using the proper element and just killing it faster. This is just a judgement call based on the quality of your party though. If you're in a so-so party and enemies are lasting longer than it would take for infect/burn to run its course then for for the SE.

I'm a Protranser all my PSU career and I can vouch that traps are indeed useful but they are money sinkers. I've managed to go from spending anywhere between 10,000 and 20,000 on traps per run (I don't party or sell elemental photons, just solo a lot) to 6000 per run. I use to carry stacks and stacks of G traps but it just works out to be too expensive and just not worth it sometimes.

All I carry now are G virus vials Virus G traps, Freeze G traps and Burn traps (the regular ones) and that gets my party through a lot of tough enemies. Gold Dova and Carriguine can't be virused, even with Status Effect 4 bow or rifle bullets or even Virus G traps. Burning a Gold Dova works but I've not tried burning a Carriguine, multiple hit points make it a prime target for an Axe or Sword job.

From experimenting, I've found that the regular versions of some status inflicting traps don't stick to enemies as well as a G trap does. The miniboss in the Rainbow Beast seems to be immune to all the regular traps bar Burn but it can be silenced with a Silence G trap after setting off all five on it. It's only worked once though and on A rank... I think in that mission, you're better off using Silence G traps for those Olghomons with shields or crowns.

Yeah, anything robotic can't be burnt, not sure on poisoned but Barada Megiga (dark shotgun) works really well on them, even if it is only status Effect Lv. 2. The real deal is when it comes to things like Tenghohs. Those seem to be immune from Status Effect 2 or lower but Status Effect 3 works sometimes on them and Status Effect 4 definitely works on them. Unless there are three of them, don't bother using a G trap on them, it's not economically efficient. Stick to your Cross/Long Bow or Rifle for those bad boys.

Virus works very well for creatures with large amount of HP and few hit areas (Jarbas, Tenghohs, Jusnagens, Hildetorrs Bil de Vears) or those that are difficult to hit (BUUUUUUUUUUUGS!!!!!) but for the smaller critters, burn works very well for them.

Rule of thumb, if it takes SEGA AGES to kill, doesn't take full damage from bullets or melee, infect it if you can. Everything else, burn them or kill them.

On 2007-03-30 07:51, amtalx wrote:
    Using the right element on an enemy is not foolish or wasteful. That extra couple hundred damage that you are doing will add up to 1300 damage VERY quickly, particularly if you are using a fast firing weapon like a rifle. Also, depending on the quality of a party you are in, there is no point sitting there using an off element to infect/burn something if its only going to die 10 seconds after you land the SE. You would have been better off using the proper element and just killing it faster. This is just a judgement call based on the quality of your party though. If you're in a so-so party and enemies are lasting longer than it would take for infect/burn to run its course then for for the SE.
    Well actually, how I see it... if you're hitting an enemy with proper element, sure you might add up to a 1300 SE dmg quite quickly... but what do you have to do in order to accomplish that? That's right, you have to keep your attack and focus on that target.
    Where with an SE trap, you can stick it, flip it, and see ya later bye! =0 While you go and attack other targets. Not to mention if you use a G-Trap on a group of high HP creatures and have them all suffering simotaniously, THEN adding a decent amount of damage w/a non-weakness or even resistant elemental bullet.

And as someone said... sure it might cost more >_>
    Oh boi... saving Real time at the expense of Fake money <_>