Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Cranberry,

If you look at the join date under my user name, you can see that i have been playing PSO for much longer than most people on this board.

I got it the day it came out in the USA for Dreamcast.

I also have it for Gamecube now.

Dont think that I have somehow "avoided" the addiction PSO burns into its users . . .

. . . in fact, i like PSO so much, that i have made the choice to continue playing it as it was meant to be played.

Umm... since when was PSO-World's joining date an indication of when people started playing PSO? I played PSO since release on the Dreamcast (in fact, a day earlier - the sole reason I bought it was because I saw it in a shop the day before it was supposed to be out. Glad I did) and I didn't get around to joining PSO-World until recently.

I'm sure the same can be said for other people here.

Also, PSO was meant to be played on private servers? Wow, news to me.
    Phantasy Star Zero; bringing my favourite game to my favourite console.

^

You are missing the big picture. Private server or not, its meant to be played online.

I was just using my join date as a reference as to my experience w/PSO, as i was accused of not knowing that this was a 'deep' topic.

/rolleyes

This is starting to get a little off topic. Allow me to re-focus this topic back to its intended course. There's no reason for this topic to become an argument.

Gamecube PSO was my first PSO experience. Originally I was on a regular PSO Gamecube version like everyone else. Shortly after the double save patch was released, I corrupted because of it. It was so long ago I don't even remember what character it was. About this time Sonic Team also released PSO+ in Japan. At that time there was no indication that PSO+ was ever coming to the US. I decided that since I had to start over, I would do so with the new content so I imported Plus and a Free Loader so that I could use it on a US Gamecube.

When the game came, I loaded it up and created my new character. A FOnewearl named Cranberry. At first I stayed offline only in protest of ST's double save patch. I later went back online with my new character and appreciated the bug fixes of Plus (which saved me from being corrupted again at the hands of FSODers). I hadn't been online all that long before my original version was corrupted, so I still had a lot to learn about PSO. I spent my time on the JP ships, and began joining their games. I spent a large amount of time playing on the JP ships and learning PSO's online mode. I was pretty much raised by the Japanese PSO-wise. My play style is similar to theirs, and how I interact and perform with my team-mates is a lot like the Japanese. I even often like to make an "item pool" by the bank for distributing the items just like the Japanese players do. So much of what I learned in PSO I gained from the JP players.

So many great memories and so much learned about teamwork and compassion from PSO. I'd venture to say a lot of things I learned in PSO have very real applications in real life too.

One belief I still carry with me that was largely formed by my time with the JP is this: It's not about being the biggest, best, and most powerful. It's about working together and lifting others up. For when your companions succeed, you succeed as well.

As a FOnewearl, it's never been my style to stand safely to the side while my team mates were going sword to claw with the monsters. I was always right there on the front lines with them, engaging the monsters, drawing them off my team mates, and keeping the team mates as safe as possible. When a team mate was in trouble, you did whatever you could to rescue him. You didn't let him die and revive him later.

I learned a lot about myself as well as other people on ST. Many things I learned help me understand people a lot more deeply than I did before.

Farwell Sonic Team ships. You were poorly supported, but other than the bad apples that were around your community was a great one.