Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

After playing with a handful of different techs on my FOmarl, I get to wondering: are some of the techs just really not worth using?

One of the earlier techs I got was Damfoie, which has served me very little. Dambarta has only done so much for me, granted, but Damfoie has been worse. Does it ever get better, or is it Just Not Worth using?

In the same vein, I've been using Ramegid a lot--not because it's good, but just because I like playing with dark stuff. The only situation I've found where it's honest-to-goodness good is taking out Ageetas (sp?) in Neudaiz's Relics site, and, well... Ageetas. Who gives a rat's ass. Does Ramegid ever get any better? If not, is Dammegid worth using? Or should I just wait for Megid/Megiverse/Nosmegid if I want to play with black magic?

I also get to wondering what other attack techs are worth using. Aside from the aforementioned Damfoie and Ramegid, both of which have been Sucking Hard, I also have Foie (which has been working well), Diga (which has also been working well), and Dambarta (which hasn't often been as useful as the other two, but has been handy on a few occasions). I'm considering a Gi-class tech for when I'm getting swarmed and want to nail everything around me, a better Ra-class tech to replace Ramegid (Rafoie worked well in offline, but that was offline), and I'm also considering a lightning tech for fighting annoying ground thingies. (Maybe Gizonde or Razonde, I dunno.) Any advice here, barring Ultimate technics?
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.

Atleast you haven't had the displeasure of using damzonde, which sucks SO much its not even in the game.

the GI techs are pretty good. I <3 em. I'd say get some. some notable ones would be gibarta( most everything is fire so this is almost always useful) and gizonde-this shocks alot and just looks cool.
    Call me a safe bet. I'm betting I'm not.
    I'm glad that you can forgive.
    Only hoping as time goes, you can forget.

On 2007-03-31 16:23, EphekZ wrote:
    the GI techs are pretty good. I <3 em. I'd say get some. some notable ones would be gibarta( most everything is fire so this is almost always useful) and gizonde-this shocks alot and just looks cool.
    I never see any gi-techs used nowadays...

Master of Mediocrity

Dambarta may not seem useful, but I can (to the consternation of most people around me) halt a whole mob of monsters from attacking. Not only does Dambarta usually freeze monsters, it stuns them every second or so. Works wonders against Megidders in Linear Line and even more wonders against creatures weak to ice. I would definately not give up on Dambarta. Damfoie, does not have the stun or interrupt effect unfortunately, but I like it. If you can manuever yourself into not getting hit, you can set a whole group of monsters on fire. Foie is good. Diga is good. Gidiga is good for damage all around you if you don't feel like aiming. Nosdiga is good for damage. Everyone will recommend different techs that suit their playing styles. I guess my general rule is, if it stuns or interrupts, it's good. Dam diga I am working on off and on, and it looks promising, because it does good damage and does poison. I consider the poison a bonus, not a deal-clincher. And when I say stun, I don't mean the official "stun". I just mean it halts them briefly

The question is, what level you have those spells you're thinking are useless. If you're just a FO3 like your sig says, then there are a few things...

Dam spell range is total ballz until lv21. Then, the range and duration just skyrockets. Dambarta especially, you can just SEE it. Damfoie doesn't have the stun that dambarta/diga does (please don't use damdiga except on packs of small earth creatures, poison sux in pretty much every occasion except fortefighter soloing with a jogiri) but it's great for spreading a decent burn SE. The only Dam spell I consider totally useless is Dammegid, I guess, unless you absolutely have to have a weak virus.

Ramegid I never really bothered with. I can mow the lawn better with a Dam spell, and the range on Ramegid is pretty short compared to the other Ra- types.

Gi spells are really nice for tagging and just in general. Preferably stick them on a wand as the cast time gets pretty long the higher you go. I prefer Gifoie or Gibarta over Gidiga (which is just damage only). The shock from Gizonde's pretty nice, but I rarely use lightning technics outside of Temple/Forest Infiltration.

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

Zonde and Barta SUCK. That's what I'll throw out there

Gi techs are my favourite

My spells for ultimate damage/crowd control etc.

All spells are level 21+
    Nosdiga X2 (Stun and ~2100 damage average)
    Dambarta (Flinch and Freeze)
    Gibarta (Crowd control)
    Gifoie/Gizonde (Burn/Shock--Gizonde is great for inflicting shock on Deljabans)

A few notes: Damu spells are very powerful at 21+...all of them! I use Dammegid against light types and crit for 1k (75/10 Female Newman). Damfoie has a good chance to burn if you don't have rangers in the PT.

Gi technics have a significant delay at level 21+...to get full use of them I highly recommend getting your hands on a Me/Quick.

Master of Mediocrity

Nice sig, Zelendria. I used to write Mua Dib! on my local gas stations budweiser signs. I thought it was an ironic statement on gasoline being equated to spice. The only person who ever got the joke was my neighbor when he saw it.

Ah yes, well, its enough to say that Frank Herbert and the movies that were spawned by his imagination are quite special to me.

Further to the OP...

Ra- techs are a little bit pointless to be honest. Only hitting 3 targets puts them behind Gi techs unless you are grossly underlevelled for the run you are doing. (Ra-techs put you farther from the mob so there more time to run away!)

Gi-techs also have an advantage over Damu in that their casting is nearly instantaneous so its really great for spamming multiple monsters.

Diga is going to be your mainstay of single target direct damage until you get Nosdiga. Foie is a good 2nd choice and is slightly easier to connect with on account of the speed of the fireball.

I'm a bit biased about zonde line spells I'm afraid. I only use Gi-zonde now, nothing else is worth it anymore. However, if you find yourself doing Grove of Fanatics then Razonde is good to stay out of their "Self-destruct" range.

I hope this is helpful!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zelendria_Ru on 2007-04-02 23:14 ]</font>