Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Will be displayed under your Nickname

On 2007-04-11 02:59, Sounomi wrote:
    Decided to try out a newman AT to see how it compares to my human one earlier. During which I noticed something... My newman was attacking faster than my human. I double checked it and the newman was definately attacking faster. Someone should probably make a video to make sure I'm right but at least with twin daggers, the newman feels almost like she has a God/Battle on compared to my human o_O
    So now that newman can own at this class too, I wonder what PS huggers will find next to complain about.

Discuss.

If this is turns out to be true, then I believe the most important aspect of this discovery was that I called it.

Newmans are more like hybrid Espers and Newmans from the classic games here, to be honest. Putting the magey stuff for a moment, yes, Nei and Rika were melee oriented, but more importantly, they were fast, quick attackers--Newmans' high ATA and EVP reflect this... in spirit, anyway.

To be honest, I think they should be able to physically attack a bit faster as well to reflect this (as well as Zeed Val getting an attack speed boost as well). I think that'd solve a few of the issues that were brought up just now. Their power would still be just as low, but they'd end up striking more frequently.
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

Will be displayed under your Nickname

It'd be kind of interesting to see if AF newmans get this boost as well, but that would probably make newmans own too much at that class. And since AT is melee and tech based, its kind unnecessary I guess? If this stays true to the final version, AT will be a class made for newmans.

ok, so they attack faster.....

o wait, lower numbers appear....

so, its balanced.
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

Doesn't the zeed val already have a small attack speed boost over other forms? It certainly looks that way to me.

This was already discussed in another thread.

All races have faster attack with twin daggers when using the AT class. It isn't Newman specific, only AcroTecher specific.
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

yes, AT attack faster with daggers and AF attack faster with sabers. it is class specific.
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

If you read it, it sounds like a Newman AT is being compared to a Human AT- we know AT and AF get speed boosts, but from the sound of this, it sounds like Newman AT's get a further one?

I am so making one of these, regardless of whether this is true

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

I must have misread then... (I had just woke up)

But, I doubt that Newman AT attacks faster than Human AT.

I can see if my friend can make a quick video, though.
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

Sounomi is actually planning on doing videos later today. But people are impatient. I don't know when you should expect them though because last I talked to her she was still online playing and it was like 5am EST.