Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Wow this was interesting to read.

It's nice to know how I have my similarities and differences to other FTs.
    Gamertag: inf3rn0 Lan
    Lan Katana│Male│Newman│Lv150│fT 20
    Malsa Powers│Female│Newman│Lv150│AT 20
    PSO2β: マルサ・パワーズ|Force lv17

The S is for Strange.....

Good guide, some useful info in there for begginers or people who don't have a clue

Yeah, cool guide. It has every Technique listed and what it does. I like the fact that Megido is one of the techs to avoid lol. (Hope I don't disappoint you Solomon) Its only loved because its penetrate right?

Megido sucks in PSU, isn't as good as any of the other Dark Techniques in my opinion. Anyone want to waste 99 Frags and level it to 30 and use it rarely? I did lol. PP cost is way too high. It casts slow plus it travels slow but its one of the Strongest Dark techs.

Luckily I know that it is one of the techs that will change later in the game.

Created using 100% recycled soda cans.

Nice guide, Fanboy. Props, yo!

Svm Inimicus Mali

I hate to sound like I'm being pedantic, but I thought of something that might make Dammegid and Damfoie more useful. At level 31+ (in the Ambition of the Illuminus expansion), all Dam-techs inflict a level 4 SE. Considering that the Fortetechers have a difficult time inflicting a level 4 DoT (bows can be problematic with a Fortetecher's ATA, and Foie's application rate is unreliable), a tech that throws out as many hits as a Dam-tech does could be great for Burning or Infecting large enemies.

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

On 2007-04-14 17:04, Kupi wrote:
    I hate to sound like I'm being pedantic, but I thought of something that might make Dammegid and Damfoie more useful. At level 31+ (in the Ambition of the Illuminus expansion), all Dam-techs inflict a level 4 SE. Considering that the Fortetechers have a difficult time inflicting a level 4 DoT (bows can be problematic with a Fortetecher's ATA, and Foie's application rate is unreliable), a tech that throws out as many hits as a Dam-tech does could be great for Burning or Infecting large enemies.
    ^ wow. truthiness. IF dam spells go up to SE4 (unconfirmed)

--_! Zoo !_--

imfanboy, you clearly have not thought out the full use of the foie techs and regard your biasness pretty justly

just because you can't aim ra-techs doesn't mean you have to say they suck, but clearly if you do then that means you're preferred playstyle is pretty flawed and not the best

foie, rafoie, gifoie, use it on all things dark. burn them, there's no faster damage. actually, let me clarify this a bit before you blindly cry "dambarta". In a party in HIVE S, the monsters in hive aren't going to waltz slowly towards you like dummies. Tell me how your experience goes and how well it works with party members obstructing you.

noszonde, how is this good? low damage. I can cast 2 or 3 razondes at 165% x 3 in the time of 1 noszonde 180% x 2... which mind you IS WEAK AS HELL. YOU CANNOT HIT THE SAME ENEMY TWICE. WHAT THE FUCK USE IS IT FOR SUCH A LONG CAST TIME FOR SUCH LITTLE DAMAGE? the 3x PP cost is tips it over.

nosdiga, you say it can absolutely dwarf diga in damage? no it can't. get fucking real. I can make you some video proof if you want.

anyways all my techs are 30, I think I'm very well more experienced, and far better geared, with far better accomplishment than what you have done, most arrogantly and assholishly said. And I'm going to say you have flaws, and because of these, you're not the best fortecher and neither is this guide.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tra on 2007-04-15 04:50 ]</font>

Ah, there's the flame I've been waiting for! I actually consulted with a half-dozen fortetecher friends, two of whom just like you have capped almost all their technics (that dig about damfoie was aimed at him and he knows it), and where they gave me feedback I changed my guide - I actually had several preliminary versions to this one.

Not that I expect to change your mind (because you don't want what I've said to be true), but here's my arguments to refute yours:

I said I don't use Ra Technics, freely admitting that I have problems aiming them, but if you'd have bothered to read it all before posting I include a Ra Technic in my "Must have" Technics, and 2 in my "Good to have" Technics. They ARE good if you can learn to use them, and have the patience to stick with them to 11+ so you have a decent radius on them. Also, they're a lot easier on the PP than most of the other Technics.

Once upon a time, I believed that SE2 and SE3 burn were worthwhile. Then I realized that they inflicted a rather paltry amount of HP, especially against the medium-small enemies that were vulnerable to those levels of SE and (especially) that you'd use a Ra, Gi, or Dam Technic against. I'm sorry, but 9% of hp for SE2? 16% of HP for SE3? On enemies with 5000 hp, that comes out to 450 and 800 HP respectively.

In HIVE, you may have a point; however, I would rather Rabarta, Gizonde, or do something that helps the Hunters and more importantly keeps the monsters from hurting ME as much as possible - fortetechers are very frail, even with a 30%+ dark armor. And against large monsters, especially SEED-Vances who are Technic resistant, it's better to whip out a SE4 Burn bow and nail them for 25% of HP, or a Light card against Gazorans to confuse them as fast as possible.

Ra Technics are best used against medium-small enemies with an elemental weakness - in Razonde's case, Navals, the Earth worms, and the 2 COG robots. Navals are a little enough threat that you can hit them with Gi Technics, and charge fast enough that they'll be in your face before you get off more than one or two Razondes. The Earth worms WILL duck and dodge Razonde unless you're very lucky - Noszonde seeks them out even underground, and (from what I'm told) stuns them into appearing when it hits them. Against the robots, Razonde has an edge, but Noszonde also knocks up - meaning if it's the killing blow, or if a hunter kills them while they're in the air, they don't explode. Noszonde also goes after flying enemies and knocks them from the air, adding to its general utility.

(note, I have neither Technic; I'm going off of what 2 different Fortetechers told me about comparing Noszonde to Razonde. They both had Me/quicks however, which may have affected what you were talking about the casting time.)

Nosdiga can EASILY dwarf Diga in damage, and hitting an enemy with all 3 shots is easy - provided you're standing right next to it and have a Me/Quick. Even so, with only 2 shots it slightly exceeds Diga in damage. Not only have I done it, but proving it requires only basic math. 170% times 3 is 510% - almost twice that of Diga's 280%. Even if you only manage to get 2 shots to hit (a more likely situation) that still comes out at 340%. With Diga, I was dealing 1200-1300 a shot easy against Lightning element monsters; with Nosdiga if I'm right next to them I'm dealing 2700 AND I have 3 times the chance of getting a crit, plus it's darn near impossible for them to dodge it... unlike Diga. Admittedly, I only have Diga at a medium level, but 38% more is NOT going to make a huge difference - I'd be dealing around 1500-1600 damage. Also, it stuns at a nice rate too, and stun is such a good SE that it deserves a 10* rating by itself.

Like I've said a couple of times so far, I use and most of my friends use a Me/Quick, and my guide is oriented a lot towards that. Without it, Nosdiga barely shoots twice, Noszonde slows down rather badly, and even the Gi Technics become barely useable. However, it's hardly impossible to get in Eastern Peril A - might take a while, but it's so essential to the proper Fortetecher that using anything else just doesn't make sense. Guntechers and Wartechers might need more TP, but we hardly do. Har/Quick has such a small speed edge over the Me, compared to the major loss of TP, that it's just not worth hunting for.

Also, this guide is oriented more towards playing in a team rather than playing solo - if you're in a team you're probably not the sole damage dealer and can use Technics that have useful SEs more than raw damagers.

And, btw, I don't see you writing a guide - apparently you hate everyone too much to do anything so nice for beginners.

--_! Zoo !_--

On 2007-04-15 07:03, imfanboy wrote:
    Ah, there's the flame I've been waiting for! I actually consulted with a half-dozen fortetecher friends, two of whom just like you have capped almost all their technics (that dig about damfoie was aimed at him and he knows it), and where they gave me feedback I changed my guide - I actually had several preliminary versions to this one.

Not that I expect to change your mind (because you don't want what I've said to be true), but here's my arguments to refute yours:

I said I don't use Ra Technics, freely admitting that I have problems aiming them, but if you'd have bothered to read it all before posting I include a Ra Technic in my "Must have" Technics, and 2 in my "Good to have" Technics. They ARE good if you can learn to use them, and have the patience to stick with them to 11+ so you have a decent radius on them. Also, they're a lot easier on the PP than most of the other Technics.

Once upon a time, I believed that SE2 and SE3 burn were worthwhile. Then I realized that they inflicted a rather paltry amount of HP, especially against the medium-small enemies that were vulnerable to those levels of SE and (especially) that you'd use a Ra, Gi, or Dam Technic against. I'm sorry, but 9% of hp for SE2? 16% of HP for SE3? On enemies with 5000 hp, that comes out to 450 and 800 HP respectively.

In HIVE, you may have a point; however, I would rather Rabarta, Gizonde, or do something that helps the Hunters and more importantly keeps the monsters from hurting ME as much as possible - fortetechers are very frail, even with a 30%+ dark armor. And against large monsters, especially SEED-Vances who are Technic resistant, it's better to whip out a SE4 Burn bow and nail them for 25% of HP, or a Light card against Gazorans to confuse them as fast as possible.

Ra Technics are best used against medium-small enemies with an elemental weakness - in Razonde's case, Navals, the Earth worms, and the 2 COG robots. Navals are a little enough threat that you can hit them with Gi Technics, and charge fast enough that they'll be in your face before you get off more than one or two Razondes. The Earth worms WILL duck and dodge Razonde unless you're very lucky - Noszonde seeks them out even underground, and (from what I'm told) stuns them into appearing when it hits them. Against the robots, Razonde has an edge, but Noszonde also knocks up - meaning if it's the killing blow, or if a hunter kills them while they're in the air, they don't explode. Noszonde also goes after flying enemies and knocks them from the air, adding to its general utility.

(note, I have neither Technic; I'm going off of what 2 different Fortetechers told me about comparing Noszonde to Razonde. They both had Me/quicks however, which may have affected what you were talking about the casting time.)

Nosdiga can EASILY dwarf Diga in damage, and hitting an enemy with all 3 shots is easy - provided you're standing right next to it and have a Me/Quick. Even so, with only 2 shots it slightly exceeds Diga in damage. Not only have I done it, but proving it requires only basic math. 170% times 3 is 510% - almost twice that of Diga's 280%. Even if you only manage to get 2 shots to hit (a more likely situation) that still comes out at 340%. With Diga, I was dealing 1200-1300 a shot easy against Lightning element monsters; with Nosdiga if I'm right next to them I'm dealing 2700 AND I have 3 times the chance of getting a crit, plus it's darn near impossible for them to dodge it... unlike Diga. Admittedly, I only have Diga at a medium level, but 38% more is NOT going to make a huge difference - I'd be dealing around 1500-1600 damage. Also, it stuns at a nice rate too, and stun is such a good SE that it deserves a 10* rating by itself.

Like I've said a couple of times so far, I use and most of my friends use a Me/Quick, and my guide is oriented a lot towards that. Without it, Nosdiga barely shoots twice, Noszonde slows down rather badly, and even the Gi Technics become barely useable. However, it's hardly impossible to get in Eastern Peril A - might take a while, but it's so essential to the proper Fortetecher that using anything else just doesn't make sense. Guntechers and Wartechers might need more TP, but we hardly do. Har/Quick has such a small speed edge over the Me, compared to the major loss of TP, that it's just not worth hunting for.

Also, this guide is oriented more towards playing in a team rather than playing solo - if you're in a team you're probably not the sole damage dealer and can use Technics that have useful SEs more than raw damagers.

And, btw, I don't see you writing a guide - apparently you hate everyone too much to do anything so nice for beginners.
    I can write a guide anytime I want, but insteand I wrote an easy guide for noobs to level their techs up. When you claim this guide to be the most efficient way to play, expect some criticism., you'll be getting it.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.p...10&forum=22&52

Freeze and shock; they are worthless. Freeze is probably only useful on goshins to prevent them from going back inside. What's the point of freezing other monsters? They don't hurt, nothing is a threat. Just do your damage and progress faster. This is efficiency you want right? If the party was good and efficient they don't need crowd control support like freeze or shock. You have a paradox here.

Do you know what Ra-techs are for? When in situations with 3 targets and no more, that's where it will outdamage all other techs. It's the fastest aoe tech you can use and it does great damage. Use some math: 180% x 3 radiga spam, highest output you can get when there are 3 targets. Any more you use a gi-tech. Both are useful, but you cannot put the ra-techs down, for not only it's high point in damage, but it being pretty much the most versatile set of techs around; being that it's the easiest to use in any situation when you get it down right. You just need to aim it right.

Nosdiga, I don't know about you but you act as if diga takes just as long as nosdiga to cast! OH MY GOD 510%?!!?!? You can shoot 2 digas in the time of 1 point-blank nosdiga, 280% x 2 = 560%. Do the math. Take in consideration that there's time involved. I am not saying nosdiga is horrible but I disagree with what you like to point out, because they're not true. You want to write a guide, it needs to be perfect.

Burning hive monsters: it's the most damage you can do. You cannot disagree. Don't go bullshitting me with that freeze and shock crap, it's useless.

If you want what I've written, here, it's not a guide but my input on everything.
    http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.p...&start=0&15#14

I gotta go watch a movie now I'll bbl to discuss more

Will be displayed under your Nickname

Radiga isn't 180% x 3, it hits one target per enemy, so they're completely unrelated damages. 180% x 1. 180% x 1. 180% x 1.

Also, an efficient FT uses support first than attack techs for extra damage, FF and FG will outdamage FTs, period. So I'd rather them apply SEs than try and be the best DPS(Which is a very US/EU FT way of seeing things...Japanese FTs are better than all of us and our mothers). But freeze is useless, I'll give you that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TorterraEndor on 2007-04-15 14:59 ]</font>