Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

(DISCLAIMER)I know that there is a Ambition of Illumines reacation thread but i think that specific class topics would be a good idea too. since the posts pages are in the 50's now to weed through it would take sometime and there would probably be alot of double posts. *Phew* ok there is my reason to make this topic lol.

Now for me my reaction is yay, and win but on the other hand it is oh no acrotechers. Im trying to keep an eye on there projected stats and what ppl are saying about them. It sounds like from the last post i read someone said they are a Fortetecher that has some melee ability but not as affective as a wartecher at melee. When i first read about them i they sounded uber and the notion crossed my mind maybe i may have to switch. I lean on the side of casting more than melee. But i do enjoy getting in there sometimes. Now with the 30 attack techs coming and the 30 skills coming that is fantastic. This now gives me reason to play PSU again. What about the rest of the WT's out there what do you ladies and gents think?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Asheth- on 2007-04-14 11:53 ]</font>

Acrotecher = healbot

Wartecher = old fortefighter + old fortetecher + madoog
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

If the beta information doesn't change, then wartechers will be getting the two playstyle fixes they needed the most: left-handed casting weapons, and an increase in the melee PA limit. They will continue to be the superior melee-tech hybrid class over acrotechers because of the latter's limited melee ability and focus on support.

Whether or not the increased offensive ability will appease the stat-whores remains to be seen, but I'm hyped for the class changes.

Yea same here im very pleased with the changes. Also the addition of S-rank wands is a good fix too. I think that is why acrotechers get so many sranks compared to us and we only get 3 is because if not then wartechers would be broken. Which was my first reaction upon seeing the stats for acrotechers but if there atp is not as high but there evasion is higher then i can see there balance by allowing them to have that many s-ranks i wonder what there hp looks like as well. I wish they would have at least gave us s-rank single claws too.

Wartechs will probably be #4 in the list of popular classes.

my theory is:

#1-#2) Acrofighter-Acrotecher
    #3) Fortetecher
    #4) Wartecher
    #5) Figunner
    #6) Guntecher

and others random
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

S-ranks don't necessarily replace A-ranks, especially in melee. So far, we've seen that the non-double saber weapons have their elements fixed. So the fact that acrotechers get more S-ranks than us doesn't really bother me seeing as all they get are those S-ranks. If you look at their weapons, you see the only two handed melee weapon they can use are daggers. Compare that to our fists, polearms and twin sabers and it's fairly easy to see that stats aside, we have the clear edge in melee.

So I don't really begrudge their superior teching ability. Shoot, I get a Lv 4 Foie; that's all I ever really wanted.

Theres no real negative reaction from me. I wouldve been satisfied with S wands and 30 techs everything else is just awesome.

I have been a Wartecher for a very very long time...I became a Wartecher a couple minutes after it became available and I havent switched yet and have no intent of doing so. This is my class.

You really think that those new classes will be more popular than Fighgunners?

Maybe for awhile because they are new, but I think most people will go back to one of the other classes.

Right move in the right direction but will also check out Arcotecher as well. Thank God for my PS3 multiple memcard explit.

Yea i think ppl will try the new classes but will go back to there old classes. I wonder what acrotechers atp will be compared to wartechers any stats out?