Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

...that Sega seem to have been led to believe that traps = storyline.

Every three steps in online story mode = "Bleep, asplode, monomate plz"

It's really. Really. Really. annoying. And not even neccessary.

Less traps, more coherence, plz!

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Traps make me sad.

Just let me know when the story goes back to being interesting and making sense. I stopped playing those missions after chapter 5.

You can catch most of them with your goggles, which are even easier to get out now with the first-person mode + LB/RB trick.

On 2007-04-15 13:42, Sekani wrote:
    Just let me know when the story goes back to being interesting and making sense. I stopped playing those missions after chapter 5.
    What's so confusing about them? If anything they're rather direct: perhaps relying a bit too much on exposition.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-04-15 13:45 ]</font>
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

On 2007-04-15 13:42, Sekani wrote:
    Probably not going to happen.

Ohtoku mountain disappears in the latest one.

I'm rather glad I bought WoW and BC yesterday. Sega are basically advertising for other MMOs! ^_^

If you think thats bad, wait until you play the exspantion. Trap city!

"EVEN IN PSO2, THE BURN MEANS IT STILL WORKING!!!"

On 2007-04-15 13:42, A2K wrote:

What's so confusing about them? If anything they're rather direct: perhaps relying a bit too much on exposition.
    I never said it was confusing, just that it made no sense. Chapter 1, Ethan goes rogue, tries to kill president, "kidnaps" the divine maiden. By Chapter 2 those events are all but forgotten, and each chapter introduces a new plot "twist" without resolving or even in most cases acknowledging the events of the previous one. At this point I could care less what happened to Hyuga.

This type of storytelling is the reason I don't watch Lost anymore.

I can't play PSU at the moment, but I don't seem to care that much... I don't miss it that much. Especially the story missions!
    I daresay I'll emerge back on the scene (to cries of OMG YOUR LOW LEVEL LOL) for the sequel.
    If I ever get my 360 fixed >.<

On 2007-04-15 14:53, Sekani wrote:
    I never said it was confusing, just that it made no sense. Chapter 1, Ethan goes rogue, tries to kill president, "kidnaps" the divine maiden. By Chapter 2 those events are all but forgotten, and each chapter introduces a new plot "twist" without resolving or even in most cases acknowledging the events of the previous one. At this point I could care less what happened to Hyuga.

This type of storytelling is the reason I don't watch Lost anymore.
    I still don't quite understand where you're coming from. Previous events are referenced quite frequently: in even your example, Chapter 2, the entire first half is devoted to an attempt to find and apprehend Ethan for what he's done.

There are loose ends, of course, but that's just the nature of an on-going story. This stuff isn't coming out of nowhere: it's quite clear that this is all preparing for Ambition of Illuminus' Story Mode by setting up the character's and organizations' roles.
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.