Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: pissed off vets

I'm gonna prepare for a world of hurt on this one, but... talk about getting way too into it. Sounds like the House and Senate.

not everyone is a masochist, i think... or do you like to be treatened like lower life, stupid or misplaced?

People with super rares are assholes. For instance, Asuka Lassic.

There's 3 factors of respect in PSO: Your level, your skill, and your rares.

On 2002-12-11 10:19, Mag_Launcher wrote:
    People with super rares are assholes. For instance, Asuka Lassic.

This is sad but it's so very true. Generally I tend to not even give two shits abotu the whole mess and go about my business.

I play with people I like playing with and have a good time. I get mad respect for being abel to pwn c mode with little effort but I always tell people that's a team thing and not just me.

I'll remember to tell Asuka Lassic my 2 cents ^_^.
    Though I didn't know until now that HUmars can no longer cast Shifta/Deband O.O
    Besides it IS regulated to a force to cast Resta/Shifta/Deband in teamplay, that's what they are for..the spell backup...
    Though as players it is good to feed your force 'fluids. [not aysing you did anything wrong just last time I took Eiji for a dungeon trawl, they expected everything from me and gave me nothing.]

It also reminds me of the time the FOmarl wasn't casting Resta on anyone but themselves and me as the slightly higher level HUmar had too!

I'm just saying we should designate the term 'n00b' as the derogatory chat speaking ignorants and 'newbie' as someone new to the game.

Though if you have experience in the DC version does that make you a newbie to the GC version...or just a rusty vet...^_^

2% Jazz, 98% Funky Stuff! Subliminalgroove's Avatar

I'm just saying we should designate the term 'n00b' as the derogatory chat speaking ignorants and 'newbie' as someone new to the game.

Sounds right by me. Just don't go bandying the word "newbie" like an insult and you got no argument from me.
    The truth is, there are idiots and arsemonkeys on both sides of the experience fence. Play with your friends and have fun. If you run into a jackass. Don't play with her again. Simple.

Sub

yes, today...i was like mmmmm im not a noob geez...lol...so demining...

On 2002-12-11 01:01, Maverynthia wrote:
    Yeah I'm a newbie to this BBS but I'm going to get my 2 meseta in.

I classify n00bs as those chat speaking whiners that do exactly as you all have described.
    Don't read the manual, don't want to listen to people who HAVE been playing the game and know that a 4 button door ONLY opens when you have 4 people. They are RUDE and type lolz, plz and generally speak in bad grammer a LOT. I hate them...I leave games where people talk like that because they are obviously n00bs. (They are usually the ones that are trying the h4xx0r the game too)

Now..Newbies...
    Newbies are people who don't quite get how the game works, asks what seems like pointless questions but with grammer and politeness and generally listen to the person who has been playing PSO.
    Like when the vet tells you to run from the dragon and hit the walls when the drgaon takes his nosedive. I remember that day in my slightly newbie-ish days. What did I do...I hit the wall and ran like crazy.
    Vet pipes out and goes to the shop, I follow. If the vet is shopping for stuff...I need probably need stuff too, like mates, moons and pipes. Newbies are polite and are generally wet behind the ears, they ask stupid but honest questions. Like, what is the best spell in caves and such. N00bs however, should be shoved into a pit and KILLED.

Also since Nintedo has a reputation for kiddie games most of the n00bs are of the age of 14...don't know why but it was a common n00b age...so the mental capacity to proccess anything other than DBZ plotlines and "tings liek that lolz" are out of the question. If you do find a 14 year old that is a Newbie and not a n00b, tell that person how great they are for not sinking into the bowels of n00b-dom and praise them for paying attention in school and getting a good education like the should be doing.

MHO - My humble opinion
    Yeah, from now on, "n00b" is gonna be my derogitory term for a generally dumb, rude or jackass player. I laughed pretty hard when you mentioned 14 year old n00bs and their mental capacity of a toilet bowl. Ohh man, gone are the days of me playing with n00bs called SSJ235Goku69 and such.

Far as newbies, I have absolutely no problem with them and generally I enjoy helping them out. We were ALL newbies at one point or another, and it can really suck to come into an established online game such as PSO when there're so many hardcore players, and you're the new guy/gal that's just learning how to combo your attacks.
    Newbie-ism is what's keeping me from playing several online games, in fact. I was lucky enough to begin PSO on the first day of its US release so I started as a newbie with everyone else. But then there's games like Neverwinter Nights on PC that although I've beaten offline, it's pretty damn intimidating to enter an online NWN game and wander around looking for parties like a... well, newbie. Especially for someone that's barely layed a finger on PC RPGs. So I definitely know what it's like.
    Ever try being a newbie in a first person shooter? Oh man. Luckily, with a little practice versus bots offline, one can surpass the bare bones newbie level and hold their own.

The point of all that was... umm... I forget.

Anyway, from now on for me:

n00b = S00P3RS4Y1NG0KU hitting on all the female characters in Vega even though most of them are played by guys.
    newb = SuperBubba asking politely AND with grammar above the 3rd grade level how to increase his ATA, to which I politely answer back, "Why SuperBubba, you simple have to feed your mag specific items such as antidotes or antiparalysis!"

Oogedy Boogedy o.O;;

I've never played online...mainly because I never had the stuff to connect my DC with...and now I can't get a BBA for my Cube... I'm not like those people who are arrogant and haughty about everything. I prefer to keep my mouth shut and say something only when it's important... or when I'm just chatting...but when I'm chatting it's about something of importance...not like:

"HA! You're only level (whatever their level is)! You must really suck!"

I hate that...it's annoying and doesn't help in anyway or form...but hey...everywhere you go...given the time...there will be troublemakers...

On 2002-12-11 10:19, Mag_Launcher wrote:
    I wouldn't use the word "Respect", when talking about a game...

As for the factors stated, they are very true. Although I wouldn't say that the items you have would say whether or not you're better at the game, or just a vet. Level and skill would be more appropriate to determine one's status on the game.