Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi, I'm new here. I want to get PSO for my Dreamcast, is it worth it anymore (online wise, that is). I mean is there still enough people on the network to really get into it? I'd rather not get it just to play offline. Thanks.

p.s., sorry for the stupid question, but no one i know has a dreamcast, so this is the only place i know to ask questions

On 2002-12-10 09:02, arcsinx wrote:
    Hi, I'm new here. I want to get PSO for my Dreamcast, is it worth it anymore (online wise, that is). I mean is there still enough people on the network to really get into it? I'd rather not get it just to play offline. Thanks.

p.s., sorry for the stupid question, but no one i know has a dreamcast, so this is the only place i know to ask questions
    From what I have heard, the servers are going down at the end of the year, so if you want to play online, it may not be the best idea.

no, servers wont go down - at least not for pso (but for every other dc-game).

but anyway - depends on where you're living - when you can affort and play an european PSOv2 version (for that you dont have to pay any hl-fee) it might be worth a try but dont expect too much from online-mode ^_^;
    if online mode's fun it nowadays depends on how much good online-friends you can find (normal game). or you try your luck at challenge mode.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2002-12-10 10:36 ]</font>
    「愛と空の女王様」を言でもいい。 We are Heroes. This is what we do!

FOnewearl Plushie Fan

The DC servers aren't closing after all? Rock. That means my friends and I can still get some play in after the break...(we all live in the same hallway of this dorm, but we haven't had time what with exams lately, and were getting worried that the DC version was going to shut down...and I can't get them to bother levelling on my Cube.)

My best friend asked me the exact same question. Of course he has a DC too. I reccomended that he mays as well get it for the gamecube considering that he was eventually going to get one anyway. Plus the GC version got more in it for offline ,and has a better future on the online gaming world.

Ariel [FOnewearl]

I would say you would be much better off just getting a Gamecube simply because there is more to the game and as Kyata said, it does have a brighter future. I have both versions for Dreamcast and have played the Gamecube version (I'm getting GC around Christmas) and I would by far have to say that the GC version is much more worth it.

MUCH better off getting the GCN version. I can't stress this enough, especially if you were planning on getting Version 1, which is really pretty dead from what I've heard and what few players are still around are hacker scum, I'd bet. Version 2 probably isn't too much better off, but still a huge step up.

But... no, I would not recommend it. Sorry. :/

I play the DC version and I am only playing online with one or two people. Here is why:

Someone mailed me to join his game and when I got there a coversation was on revenge to another player. He said he was going to DK her and we all laughed, but he was serious. DK=dreamcast kill and we all laughed again cuz we didn't think it could happen but he went into detail how its real.

therefore

I highly recommend getting GCN PSO and extra controllers to play offline.

I've collected about 10 full pages of cards of what I would consider "legitimate PSO friends". In other words, those whom I can rely on to play with on a regular basis and not just a one shot deal. At the peak of my DC PSO playing experience, I've been able to find on the average of about 7 to 12 of those people online at any given time. Now, I'm lucky to find even one anymore. In most cases, none. Most have quit and some have moved onto the GC. I've managed to find a handful of new friends that I've known from another message board but even they hardly go online anymore.

On 2002-12-10 09:04, Tavia wrote:
    From what I have heard, the servers are going down at the end of the year, so if you want to play online, it may not be the best idea.
    Iv heard that before but it have never turned out that way so I wounder dose Sega/Sonic Team actually have a date when they are shutting the servers down for good or will they wait until thers not a single person left playing online on pso for dc?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spektrum on 2002-12-11 12:45 ]</font>