Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

With the expansion, it finally looks like they will be fixing some (in my opinion) awful issues with the game. For instance, as simple as it may seem, the death penalty change (no more losing S-Rank by simply dying without a scapedoll) will be huge for myself and my friends since we are more laid back and don't want to mess up other people's S-Rank. I have a level 57 fortetecher and only have played S a couple dozen times because of jerks online that stress way too much over those mission points. It's especially a pain for me since I die in pretty much two hits from the "tougher" enemies.

The other positive change is with the synthesis success rates. Right now, I've only read about having 100% for room decorations, but I'm crossing my fingers that means at least they're looking at success rates for weapons and such too. Unfortunately, recently the high failure rate has caused the guy I play with mostly to sort of stop playing. He hasn't cancelled yet, but he's only played once in the last 2-3 weeks. After finally getting his PM to level 100 (all striking) he went to make 13 melee weapons, all with 50% success rate or higher, and failed on 11 of the 13. Needless to say he wasn't very happy and it just may have killed the game for him.

Has there been any hint as to when the expansion is coming stateside? I saw someone had posted December, but I have no idea where people are getting this info from. That's a long a time to wait though if that's the case. I'm on the 360 and I guess it's probably worse with all the competition coming out by the end of the year.

P.S. As much as I hate to say it, it almost seems like we've been beta testing the game this whole time. And now that they're finally going to make these changes, let's hope it isn't too late.

P.S. P.S. You think they'll implement some of these changes prior to the expansion's release?

Ultimate Chao Fan & Anti-Scammers Commitee member Chaobo99's Avatar

I'd like good sucess rates..but that would make weps to easy..now that there is no death penalty..missions will be to easy..whats next..Unlimited PP >.<

Don't look at it as no death penalty. Look at it as giving sonic team more leeway to make stronger enemies to try to destroy the entire party. It makes teamwork more useful and gives purpose to moon atomizers and giresta.

Personally, I hope they take scape dolls out of shops once these changes are in effect. Then we'll have to rely on each other for revives.

I understand how some of you would want more "hardcore" features like a harder difficulty, fewer weapons out in the economy, etc. but that's not the route Sonic Team needs to take. They need to make this game more accessible. More casual players are not going to join a game that, in a sense, punishes you at times. It amazes me that some developers forget it should all be about the "fun" as cheesy as that sounds. And as much as I like PSU, the simplicity of the original PSO and possiblity to simply find any rare while fighting anywhere are the reasons it's still the better game in my opinion.

I don't want to get into a flame war or anything like that over this, I just wanted to express my hope that Sega is going to take a more casual approach versus trying to make things more hardcore. Whether or not you agree with me on the hardcore/casual thing, I think everyone can agree that the more people the better. Not just for the humor/social fun, but for the game economy too.

actually if they make more epic, long, and ahrd bosses, like dulk fakis, then we will need this moon thingy!

oh and the success rate is LOWER but u cant break it. so now im gonna buy MANY A and S+1
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

On 2007-04-17 21:11, All_Beagle wrote:
    I understand how some of you would want more "hardcore" features like a harder difficulty, fewer weapons out in the economy, etc. but that's not the route Sonic Team needs to take. They need to make this game more accessible. More casual players are not going to join a game that, in a sense, punishes you at times. It amazes me that some developers forget it should all be about the "fun" as cheesy as that sounds. And as much as I like PSU, the simplicity of the original PSO and possiblity to simply find any rare while fighting anywhere are the reasons it's still the better game in my opinion.

I don't want to get into a flame war or anything like that over this, I just wanted to express my hope that Sega is going to take a more casual approach versus trying to make things more hardcore. Whether or not you agree with me on the hardcore/casual thing, I think everyone can agree that the more people the better. Not just for the humor/social fun, but for the game economy too.
    I agree. The beauty of PSO was that hardcore and casual players could exist together happily. There are so many "hardcore" (ie time consuming) games out there right now, lets hope PSU stays unique. I miss the casual-ness of hopping into a party PSO style. I think removing the need for scapes is a good idea. If someone wants to interpret that in their own "hardcore" way (zomg groups lyke need each otherz moonz and giresta) cool but it also means you have other options besides scapes in getting an s rank with casualties, which is nice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Seira7 on 2007-04-17 22:21 ]</font>

While most of these "fixes" suck, I'd say it took so long because PSU itself was the true AoI beta.

PSO Assassin

Im not so sure it was as much a beta as a prototype. It seems that they kind of rushed the game out. That would also make sense why the updates were so few and far between at first. the stuff was complete yet but the demand for the game was too much to delay getting it out to the market. I'd say PSU was a prototype for AoI. I dont know how these things usually work as this is the first time i have played a game online like this but i would imagine the vast majority of players(causal and serious alike) will switch over to the AoI within the first few months of its release.

It's a double-edged sword the way I see it son. On one hand, people may actually venture on to more than just the "easy" missions now that it's not so stressful to keep that S-rank son. On the other hand, unless something else changes you'd have to actually try to get anything less than an S-rank son. I know a difficulty adjustment might have been in order, but this seems a bit extreme to me son.

EMT-4. (EMT-Paramedic)

Will switch over?

It's an expansion, not a whole new game. PSU characters transfer over to PSU: AoI.