Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    The First

celebrity

noun
    1. a widely known person; "he was a baseball celebrity"
    2. the state or quality of being widely honored and acclaimed

in other words...what i said holds true and all your banter thus far outside of a few post are all rather idiotic and show the lack of your knowledge of words.

widely ambiguous term as some may consider 50 widely known while others may consider 2billion the minimum. You have to argue that while local bands are celebrities they aren't known by say the entire state or the entire country or world and thus rank lower on the celebrity hierarchy.

You also must realize that there are certain things that can only measured against and within the specific community or communities. If you look at competitive gaming there are known people could be considered celebrities, but if you go outside the competitive gaming scene noone knows who they are.

Of course those rank on the order slightly less than most, but you can gather those together to heighten the rank of celebrity status. Such as myself who could be considered decently known on a number of games and scenes which automatically would put me higher than most people on a single game.

Celebrity status has nothing to do with how exactly you became known...

There are people that aren't accomplished in any way shape or form, but are simply known...such as Parn and Ryu20...

while then there are those are known by what they do for the communities they are involved in... such as ryna, barbrubary (or whatever his name is), jonathanF, itsuki, and espiokaos.

Then there are people like me who are known through being around a long time more so than what they have done.

There are also people that are celebrities based completely on what they have or do do...such as mitsunari ryuki and myself

Like i said though not every single one of those names, including mine, can be classed a higher ranking celebrities they are still considered celebrities based on the definition and the size ratio of people who know of them.

as far as orders of celebrity

I'd place barbruary at the top as the #1 celebrity of PSU, though he is forgotten more so now adays he has influenced and changed the course of this game forever as well as several others.

JonF if I remember right would prolly be second to him as if i remember right he's involved with other games and such and has been a source of info for a very long time on PSO, but less so on PSU ^.^

I'd prolly rate myself next on this list not so much because I've achieved any great deal of fame in general per scene i'm in, but merely the number of scenes i am in and where i see i rank in all of them... it adds up and makes a lot more people actually know who i am which would raise my overall status >.> Myself and the 2 above will prolly continue to gather higher statuses over longer periods of time... this being the case more than likely they will continue gaining until they leave all the scenes they are in, and even not then will all of it go away ^.^

Next would prolly be Ryna cuz of PSO-W...unfortunately the other mods are fairly unknown ^.^

next would be Itsuki, EspioKaos, and a few others i can't remember because of pure contributions to the overall community, known or otherwise which actually runs most of them.

Mewn, Shimarisu, and those involved with PSUpedia as most of them are unknown (outside of people that are hated for whatever reason) but PSUpedia is known and so it gives them fame. This one and the 2 paragraphs above will retain their celebrity status until PSU/PSO dies.

Next would be Parn and those like him that aren't known in any other scene (at least to my knowledge) but are cross-platform known in and out of forums. He'll prolyl be pretty well known for a bit of time but but for the entire course of the game.

Then there are those who are known for being good players, being bad players, staying in one location all day, finding something first, or having something or other. More or less these people are those who will be forgotten over the long term while most of the above will be remembered for much longer periods of time as people change and so do trends.

Everyone else in celebrity status is not celebrity in any way...and all the stupid shyt said about "we're all famous to someone" is idiotic and comes from the "everyone is special" crap that is fucking up our world. Fame is gained by knowing people that are famous, doing something notable, or just being known by a number of people that could be considered a relatively large amount for the context to which it is being used in to a reasonably thinking person...

ok i just wasted too much time typing that to let it go to waste...you can lock now

Said it before and I'll say it again, the entire IG clan (mainly Nugz) and Ryu20 are pretty much the only "celebrities". Some Infamous players were banned from BB before doing anything simply because of their name being associated with past occurrences/hackings.

Wow That Was A Long Post That I Started To Take Interest & Subsiquently Scrolled Through...

lol no nee d to point out things. I keep a very low profile and i know less than half the names you stated

Sounds like more e-peen-stroking propaganda to me son.

I know noone you just said. Don't really care to either I guess. My guild (organization) Lack of Respect had over 900 members on Anarchy Online does that make me a celebrity? Our guild on WoW has 550. Long live LoR!

The First

On 2007-04-17 22:57, Mio wrote:
    lol no nee d to point out things. I keep a very low profile and i know less than half the names you stated
    that's impressive to say the least... considering most if not all of the names are where all your info comes from. You'd have to like totally ignore most of if not the entire history of PSO/PSU to not know most of those names.

EMT-4. (EMT-Paramedic)

On 2007-04-17 21:28, Umberger wrote:
    Said it before and I'll say it again, the entire IG clan (mainly Nugz) and Ryu20 are pretty much the only "celebrities". Some Infamous players were banned from BB before doing anything simply because of their name being associated with past occurrences/hackings.
    You forgot about... Broomop.

just to let you know I wasn't imitating Ethan Waber just liked the quote, sheesh Parn

On 2007-04-17 23:16, DurakkenX wrote:
    On 2007-04-17 22:57, Mio wrote:
    that's impressive to say the least... considering most if not all of the names are where all your info comes from. You'd have to like totally ignore most of if not the entire history of PSO/PSU to not know most of those names.
    But that's the truth. I know by names Itsuki, Shimarisu ( for the trolling ), Ryuki ( meet him in game ) and Rena ( PSOW moderator ). That's 4.